Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through May 04, 2005

Old    holliday            03-08-2005, 7:25 PM Reply   
Hello everyone, I am new to the forum and was looking for some help. I am picking up an 04 X9 this week for 35K, the boat is new, never in the water, was wondering if this is a decent buy? And if the boat is a descent wakeboard boat, I traded in the old bayliner.
Old     (pittsy)      Join Date: Apr 2004       03-08-2005, 7:36 PM Reply   
my cousin has an x5 and loves it, so i think it will be a good boat, just add a few extra bags to give the wake a little more beef, don't expect an x-star, vlx, or SAN wake, but it think you will like it.
Old     (mhsb1029)      Join Date: Jan 2004       03-08-2005, 8:13 PM Reply   
If you weight it properly it can be a great wakeboard and surf boat. 35k sure does not sound like a bad deal at all to me.
Old    holliday            03-08-2005, 9:03 PM Reply   
Thanks, any advice on waiting since I am new to this?
Old    holliday            03-08-2005, 9:04 PM Reply   
i obviuosly need to learn how to spell.
Old     (atlsackedup)      Join Date: Mar 2005       03-09-2005, 8:20 AM Reply   
Congrats on the new boat Daniel...I think you will be very pleased and you got a good deal. I just bought a 2000 MC X-5 with 400 hours on it for $20k even. Its my first boat and I only had $20k to spend on a wakeboard boat, and I only wanted a Mastercraft...so I think I did pretty well also. I've had the boat about a month and have not ridin behind it yet, but I've taken it out on the lake twice already to play with my weighting scheme. As Matt said, don't expect an X-Star or SAN wake, but if you weight your X-9 correctly, you should have a pretty decent ramp. From what people have told me, the best scheme to go with is about 900lbs in the back in about 500lbs in the front. I've tried 600lbs in the back and 500lbs in front of the motorbox and that was a decent start. At that time I only had 2 sacks, but I just ordered some more off of wakeside.com (look there for good deals on sacks and other equipment). Since the X-5 and X-9 is such a small boat, you won't need as much ballast as some of the other bigger V-drives and you will want to get creative with your weighting to keep enough room for passengers. Wakeside.com has a Skylon locker sack that I just purchased and it is made to fit in the back ski lockers of boats like ours. It just came in and fits perfectly back there. I also bought 3 Launch Pad 85lb blocks to use in the bow...they are great because you can move them around and put them where you need them. My first day out of riding, I'm going to go with 600lbs in the ski locker, 400lbs under the rear seat, and about 300-500lbs up front in the bow and see how that works out. I've been warned not to exceed 1800lbs, so I'm keeping that in mind.

I'm pretty much in the same situation as you, but hope this helps some.
Old    tea_boy            03-09-2005, 8:38 AM Reply   
Nice one on the new Mastercraft, a very nice boat. My advice would be not to go to mad with the fat sacks etc. Take it easy and get used to your boat and it's wake. As for getting a good deal, just paid the equivelent of $70k here in the UK for my 04 X2, hope that makes you feel better..

It's only money...
Old    whitechocolate            03-09-2005, 8:52 AM Reply   
Sounds like you got a good deal. Enjoy your new boat
Old     (skibum69)      Join Date: Aug 2004       03-09-2005, 9:18 AM Reply   
Daniel, I have a 96' 205 which is similar to the x-9 in that is a 21 ft open bow DD. You should be able to get a wake close to the X-2 if you weight it properly. I typically run 2 600lb sacs in the back and one 550 in the bow and a 275 under each front seat. So that is 1200 in the back and 1100 in the front although I usually don't fill the single 550 all the way.
Old     (wiltok)      Join Date: Feb 2003       03-09-2005, 11:07 AM Reply   
That is a great deal! I recently saw a 01 X-9 with an asking price of #32,000.
Old    jeff_lagoon            03-17-2005, 12:29 PM Reply   
That is a good deal for the X9. Check out some of the upgrades I did to my X9. Skylon locker sac is great. Enjoy the new boat.
Old     (cubanismo)      Join Date: Jan 2005       03-17-2005, 3:41 PM Reply   
I purchased a brand new 03 X-9 last September for $38k and simply love it. Sure, you're not going to get the biggest wake on the water with a mid-engine; however, with the ballasts full and some extra weight (i.e. friends or fat sacs), the wake is plenty big. I was under the impression that I had found a once in a lifetime deal, but it appears you discovered an even better discount. DO IT! I pray that you get as much enjoyment out of it as I have.
Old    noobie            03-17-2005, 4:35 PM Reply   
Would you all agree that an 2004 x-2 for 41k is a good deal? Or bad? Only 50 hours, and is pretty well loaded. Only option it doesn't have, that I NEED, is perfect pass, so I would have to add that. thoughts?
Old     (skibum69)      Join Date: Aug 2004       03-18-2005, 5:07 AM Reply   
I have seen better for an x-2 and a lot worse. One dealer on the east coast has 3 x-2s one for 53, one for 61 and one for 64. All way overpriced if you ask me. I think 41 is a good deal, try to get 39.
Old     (poser007)      Join Date: Nov 2004       03-19-2005, 12:28 PM Reply   
I saw an 03 on boatrader a few months back it was an x-2 but had about 400 hours but in very good condition the guy would have let it go for around 31000 I almost bought it but got my Pro V with 17 hours and loaded for only 32000 so I bought that instead
Old    linus8103            03-20-2005, 7:58 AM Reply   
I would get the x-2 unless you plan on doing a lot of waterskiing also. You will out grow the wake in the x-9 pretty quick.