Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through March 22, 2007

Old     (depoint50ae)      Join Date: Jul 2005       03-10-2007, 2:53 AM Reply   
Just got my copy today yea! Can't wait to watch it. Totally dig the EPIC and WAKEWORLD stickers. Already stuck em on the board
Old     (robandrus)      Join Date: Feb 2002       03-10-2007, 3:52 PM Reply   
I actually thought it was kind of funny that the movie was sponsored by epic but you don't see any in the film. However you do see lots and lots of Mastercrafts.

Maybe Joe can tell us why Mastercraft didn't step up to put their name on the film.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       03-10-2007, 8:03 PM Reply   
epic was the company that supported The Chick Flick from day 1. AT NO TIME did they say the girls HAD to ride behind it. they understood that everyone had their own wake preferences, so they weren't obligated to ride behind it. a few of the clips were behind the epic though. either way, all epic wanted to do was to support The Chick Flick, and to help push the ladies' side of the sport.

as for mastercraft, i can't speak on their behalf. i'm sure they had their reasons.
Old     (mim3)      Join Date: Sep 2006       03-10-2007, 8:06 PM Reply   
Picked our copy up yesterday. The family has watched the flick at least three times already. The Ladies are tight.

Nice job.
Old     (depoint50ae)      Join Date: Jul 2005       03-11-2007, 12:34 AM Reply   
Watched it today! Great DVD! Someday I will throw down like that!
Old     (sixeye)      Join Date: Apr 2005       03-11-2007, 9:09 PM Reply   
Epic should be commended for supporting the sport, and especially for promoting the women. They don't usually get their due.

And it seems to be rare that a sponsor doesn't worry about their name being plastered all over the place.

I remember Joe mentioning Epic's support in previous posts but I had forgotten about it. Next time I get the opportunity to talk to the Epic guys, I am going to thank them for supporting this film. It's a good one, and I hope we get to see more of the women of wakeboarding. As well, I hope we see more Epic's on the water. The guys have their heads in the right place. They are a pretty refreshing addition to the sport.

And Joe, I enjoyed the film. You guys did a great job on it.
Old     (wakedad33)      Join Date: Oct 2005       03-12-2007, 6:59 AM Reply   
Just saw it this weekend, WOW!!!! Great job everyone involved with this project, filmers, editing & the girls killed it. Amber will challange for the tour title this year for sure. Crash section, holy s!@t, those girls are tough