Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (RonBurgundy)      Join Date: Jun 2012       08-01-2012, 11:57 PM Reply   
Do most of you that store your trailer with the tower folder down leave the speakers on at all times?

Reason why I ask is today for the rest time I noticed that one of the speakers and braket were coming loose. I assume my solution is simply to realign them perfectly and clamp them a tad tighter with some locktite.....but wasn't sure if most of you are taking them down consistently.

I have Skylon's vector speakers and I will say that I love the ease of loosening a single point and removing the speaker quickly if needed...sound has proven to be amazing and quick disconnect for the wiring is perfect!
Old     (Mahoney86)      Join Date: Jul 2012       08-02-2012, 4:42 AM Reply   
I leave mine on all the time during the boating season. If I was doing a long haul then I would take them off but other than that they stay on.
Old     (Kingsriver)      Join Date: Aug 2011       08-04-2012, 6:50 AM Reply   
John,

I have had the same issue as they come lose when you tow and after a while on the boat. I check my spealers and tighten them every couple hours. I might try some Blue lock tight as I do not plan on taking them off very often. I had one speaker that had a bad connection and was cutting out and I took that to Semper and they replaced the cable and I have no problems since. I think the design is bad on the conector bolt. Will be at Pine Flat this afternoon for a little riding and surfing? Hope to see your boat soon.
Old     (strev)      Join Date: May 2012       08-04-2012, 12:39 PM Reply   
take mine off every time i pull off the water. i only have 2 wet sounds though, so it only takes me 3 min. or so, not a big deal
Old     (RonBurgundy)      Join Date: Jun 2012       08-05-2012, 9:01 PM Reply   
Same....I just have the two.

Tap....I was it early this morning actually. What color is yr boat again? I'll keep an eye out!
Old     (Elliottsx80)      Join Date: Feb 2012       08-06-2012, 6:47 AM Reply   
i have 4 rev 10s and and a rev410 on my tower. the only time i take one down is when im replacing a blown speaker.
Old     (wakebrdr94)      Join Date: Jul 2010       08-06-2012, 8:01 AM Reply   
I leave all four on at all times. I just use the covers that were provided with with them. Never had an issue of speakers coming loose at all.