Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (gwnkids)      Join Date: Nov 2003       03-21-2011, 11:15 AM Reply   
Here is a different thought.
Attached Images

Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       03-21-2011, 11:31 AM Reply   
I don't care for the look of that but I've only seen it in pictures. It certainly is a departure from the norm and looks to have some excellent functionality. It'd be nice to have your big guy back there during a surf session. I'm sure wakeboarders like it to when they're putting on their board. From my understanding its removable too.
Old     (malibu)      Join Date: Sep 2004       03-21-2011, 12:01 PM Reply   
Wow! what do they call that addition above the swim platform. I wish Sanger would send one of those surf series boats my way.
Old     (tonyv420)      Join Date: Jul 2007       03-21-2011, 1:12 PM Reply   
Weird looking, probably functionally it is fine, but still looks funny to me.
Old     (duffymahoney)      Join Date: Sep 2008       03-21-2011, 2:46 PM Reply   
If sanger just made their top cap taller they would be my favorite boat out. Always loved the quality, wave etc....
Old     (dennish)      Join Date: May 2005       03-21-2011, 4:13 PM Reply   
V237 has the taller top cap. 9" higher than the V215. Great surf wake both sides.
Old     (getssum)      Join Date: Jul 2005       03-21-2011, 4:18 PM Reply   
Guys, There's no weight in that duck tail, it's just there to make it easier to put your board on/off with out whacking it on the transom.

Surf series refers to the extra trim tabs on the sides of the boat in back, that's all.
Old     (duffymahoney)      Join Date: Sep 2008       03-21-2011, 4:53 PM Reply   
I want like 2 feet taller Boats need to be taller and safer.
Old     (surffresh)      Join Date: Jun 2010       03-21-2011, 6:17 PM Reply   
what ever it's all about , you would think that they could come up with something other than "Surf Series" and it's almot a carbon copy of Supreme's font used on the V226, they might as well label their wakeboard boats "Super Air"
Old     (dennish)      Join Date: May 2005       03-21-2011, 7:32 PM Reply   
Actually Sanger used that font and name 3 years ago. Supreme is using the same manufacturer of the graphics. Sanger was the first "surf series".
Old     (rallyart)      Join Date: Nov 2006       03-21-2011, 10:39 PM Reply   
They wouldn't use 'Super Air' anyway. What Sanger owner would want that?
Old     (surffresh)      Join Date: Jun 2010       03-22-2011, 6:04 AM Reply   
Thanks for setting me straight Dennis, we just DO NOT see any Sangers here in FL or Supremes for that matter so the first "Surf Series" I saw was James Walkers. So I need to change my tune and say shame on Supreme for carbon copying Sanger's Surf Series. I just hope Sanger will forgive me
Old     (tuneman)      Join Date: Mar 2002       03-22-2011, 8:10 AM Reply   
Hmmm.....a big expensive fiberglass seat/enclosure hangin' off of the back....where are the speakers and lights!
Old     (PictureMeRollin)      Join Date: Apr 2010       03-22-2011, 2:23 PM Reply   
I sat on that duck tail thing and it really makes a lot of sense! I think its a great idea.
Old     (motogod77)      Join Date: Aug 2008       03-22-2011, 2:32 PM Reply   
Wow a "Surf Series" with a manual trim tab huh?
Old     (dennish)      Join Date: May 2005       03-22-2011, 3:09 PM Reply   
@moto When we tested the original surf tabs we found that the center tab did not need to move that the other tabs did everything you need. The Sanger, without the surf tabs, has a great wake with the manual trim tab both sides no adjustment needed.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       03-22-2011, 6:01 PM Reply   
Quote:
Wow a "Surf Series" with a manual trim tab huh?
Look a little closer and you'll see the surf tabs on the sides that are hydrolic.
Old     (gunz)      Join Date: Sep 2001       03-23-2011, 4:09 PM Reply   
So the middle one does nothing?
All the real work is done by the side TT's?

I was thinking of experimenting with my V210,I have a middle,but no sides.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       03-24-2011, 2:51 PM Reply   
Not that it does nothing but its really just stationary and standard on the boats. The work yes is done with the side tabs. They help to list the boat over more.
Old     (wofrankwo)      Join Date: Jul 2009       03-24-2011, 4:52 PM Reply   
@rich ...... i was thinking of making my middle trim tab hydraulic and someone posted on here that i would be pleasantly surprised if i did that ....... a family friend has a 2005 like mine and he has an adjustable trim tab out the back and the wakeboarders say it makes a big difference in the wake as it really makes it taller ........ so i gotta believe it would help out and maybe that might really help you with making your wave bigger
Old     (wake_upppp)      Join Date: Nov 2003       03-24-2011, 5:57 PM Reply   
If Sanger made their top cap taller, it would ruin the look. I prefer a lower profile in a boat. I cant stand all these boats with tall a$$ sides myself.
Old     (wake_upppp)      Join Date: Nov 2003       03-24-2011, 6:07 PM Reply   
A CENTER trim tab will never make a hulls wake bigger, only smaller. The wake with the trim tab all the way up is the same as no trim tab at all. The wake with the trim tab in any position from flat to all the way down will lift the transom and push the nose down and only make the wake smaller.
Old     (gunz)      Join Date: Sep 2001       03-24-2011, 10:10 PM Reply   
I can do the side ones,The custom exhaust wont be in the way,and it would help.
I will look into this.
Old     (gwnkids)      Join Date: Nov 2003       03-25-2011, 11:51 AM Reply   
Sparky is dead on about the wake plate.
I had a Supra 22 SSV and the adjustable plate was a very good addition when the boat was fully loaded, you put the plate down for help getting out of the hole and when on plane raise it all the way up.
It was also helpful in taking the peak out of the wakeboard wake for people who did not like the steepness but it in no way makes the wake larger. You need the wedge for that.
Old     (duffymahoney)      Join Date: Sep 2008       03-25-2011, 11:52 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wake_upppp View Post
If Sanger made their top cap taller, it would ruin the look. I prefer a lower profile in a boat. I cant stand all these boats with tall a$$ sides myself.
I think with the advance of surfing all boat manu's are gonna start making taller top caps. They could keep their looks with a little bit of work
Old     (wofrankwo)      Join Date: Jul 2009       03-25-2011, 11:02 PM Reply   
from my past boating experiences i believe that when my nose of the boat is down in the water i end up plowing and throwing a larger wake ......... so i want to think that when im planing high and the more i can plow the front end of the boat down the stronger wake i will throw as the boat plows through the water ........ if i am wrong ( which happens quite frequently i might add ) then why do some of the wake boats have center trim tabs that move? i get that when the trim tab is lowered the back rises but that at the same time this pushes the nose down and this makes the boat plow? and i want to think that the more hull i have in the water the more wake i will throw? id like to make my rear plate hand adjustable at first ....... cutting it then hinging it up and down to see what happens
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       03-25-2011, 11:34 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wake_upppp View Post
A CENTER trim tab will never make a hulls wake bigger, only smaller. The wake with the trim tab all the way up is the same as no trim tab at all. The wake with the trim tab in any position from flat to all the way down will lift the transom and push the nose down and only make the wake smaller.
Well that is true but if you take a boat which has always had a fixed tab on it and replace it with an adjustable tab which can move higher than the fixed then YES you will be able to make a larger wake with an adjustable tab. I added a tab to my boat and I recommend it 100%, it was a great upgrade
Old     (wake_upppp)      Join Date: Nov 2003       03-26-2011, 9:57 AM Reply   
A ride plate does not make a bigger wake period. It is true as Darren said if you take a boat with fixed plate and either take it off or replace it with an adjustable one, that will make a bigger wake because the transom is not being lifted with the plate all the way up. Like I said a hull without a plate or an adjustable plate in the all the way up position makes the biggest wake PERIOD. With that said I agree an adjutable plate is a very good upgrade because adjusting hull attitude on the fly is very usefull.
Old     (gwnkids)      Join Date: Nov 2003       03-26-2011, 12:10 PM Reply   
Frank, In the good old days (when I skied) the prostar I had used what they called hook built into the hull along the transom to give the boat lift (forcing the nose into the water) they do this to eliminate the wake for a flatter ski wake and eliminating the porpoising that happens at speed. All of the manufactures use something to reduce the porpoising but not create lift as to get a larger wake. The hydrolic wake plate does both when deployed it can eliminate the porpoising and lift the rear of the boat or raise it all it way and have the ability to have a very large wake. When I had the Supra we only wakeboarded so Im not sure on how if effected the surf wave? I will leave that to the guy with all of the knowledge -Dennis- he has tested and refined more hulls for surfing than anyone and he said it has no effect on the wave.
Old     (wofrankwo)      Join Date: Jul 2009       03-26-2011, 2:54 PM Reply   
okay im a believer!!

so if i make my plate adjustable ....... if i get it to go higher then it is now at flat out the back my wake should get bigger? will i then be able to use less ballat to get the same wake? and if i turn the plate down will it be like adding front weight? so then i may not have to use front ballast?

i have plenty of wake but if i could get away with less ballast which is now at 2000 lbs that would be really cool
Old     (wake_upppp)      Join Date: Nov 2003       03-26-2011, 5:59 PM Reply   
Frank, yes if any plate is all the way up and out of the water verses flat that wake will be bigger because the up plate is not pushing the transom up. The up plate will mean you won't need as much rear ballast as with the flat plate, follow? Now if you turn that plate down, you are basically taking weight out of the rear and moving it forward and essentially making a smaller, more rounded wake. The center trim plate cannot be a substitute for weight. Any given hull will make it's biggest wake with no trim plate touching the water and the correct amount of weight ratio, front to rear for that given hull. Understand? It will never allow you to use less weight and achieve the same wake as correctly weighted. I think I am sounding redundant now. Lol
Old     (wofrankwo)      Join Date: Jul 2009       03-26-2011, 6:22 PM Reply   
hello ... 54 .... LOL thats what i tell my kids as an excuse for my " oldness"

thanks i appreciate the info