Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through November 29, 2007

Old     (kneeboarddad)      Join Date: Sep 2005       11-12-2007, 4:17 AM Reply   
OK, I know this isn't really about wakeboarding but I got to tell you about this. Austin turned me on to the new Monster JAVA drinks and they are unbelievable. I am a 1-2 lattes a day drinker but now I go with the Monster JAVA for the second one. It is really, really good. I am a big Starbucks guy but now I just keep these in my fridge at work. So now I can have my latte AND my energy drink too.

I know there are a lot of energy drink users on this site and I just wanted to share the love. Sorry Starbucks.
Old     (dadthedriver)      Join Date: Jul 2004       11-12-2007, 10:14 AM Reply   
David,
My son Tony introduced me to the Monster JAVA as well. They are great. I still have my 5 shot starbucks everyday but in the afternoon the Monster JAVA is a great change.
Old     (hawk7)      Join Date: Apr 2007       11-12-2007, 12:38 PM Reply   
What monster ISN"T awesome? kaos, assault, m80, lo carb, java and of course energy. I cant stand red bull though, Im sorry. tastes like yard clippings and club soda.
Old     (wakeslife)      Join Date: Jul 2005       11-12-2007, 12:40 PM Reply   
Java is great. Have to admit that we cracked open a few of those on the boat this summer for those early 6 am sets.
Old    mendo247            11-12-2007, 12:49 PM Reply   
Is it strong?

A few guys are drinking them at work and always say how good they are, i usually drink Redbull and was alittle worried with the size of the java id be to juiced up.
Old     (matt_t)      Join Date: Oct 2007       11-12-2007, 6:27 PM Reply   
I love monster java!!! I just moved to dallas texas from nor cal and I cant find it here to save my life.If anybody know where I can score some in dallas let me know..
Old    alanp            11-12-2007, 8:20 PM Reply   
richard it is advertised as more buzz with less caffine if i recall. i get all crazy on the regular monsters but the javas dont wig me out at all
Old     (kneeboarddad)      Join Date: Sep 2005       11-13-2007, 5:40 AM Reply   
Iced Monster Java- Take some ice and put it in a blender with Monster Java- Unbelievable. Its a milkshake with a kick. They need to sell these at the coffee shop.
Old     (hoosairboy)      Join Date: Aug 2005       11-13-2007, 2:35 PM Reply   
Iced Monster Java, now that is a great idea. Maybe a little whip cream on top. I agree, the local coffee house should jump all over this.
Old     (pilot_ryder)      Join Date: Apr 2006       11-13-2007, 8:28 PM Reply   
recently came back from the states and brought some back. Does anyone know why they arnt sold in canada, or if they are sold somewhere else where i can buy some?
Old     (cpetersen)      Join Date: Aug 2007       11-13-2007, 8:30 PM Reply   
theres like 3 or 4 different kinds, which is the tastiest?
Old     (matt_t)      Join Date: Oct 2007       11-14-2007, 7:40 AM Reply   
mean bean is the best
Old     (kneeboarddad)      Join Date: Sep 2005       11-15-2007, 5:51 AM Reply   
Try it hot. Put it in a microwave for 1 or so minutes. Now if you really want a latte effect you can foam it. I use one of those french coffee presses. I put the Monster Java into the glass container and nuke for 1.5 minutes. I take it out of the microwave and use the press to foam by pumping it until foamed. They only cost about $8 and you can get them at Dean and Deluca and other fine coffee stores. I guess it is obvious I like my lattes. Now I have my Monster Lattes. Life is good.
Old     (04outback)      Join Date: Jul 2007       11-19-2007, 4:27 PM Reply   
found them in St Louis driving home from Illinois yesterday! YUM. Gotta buy a case of them. Had Mean Bean and Loca Moca...Both good... think I liked Mean Bean best
Old    mendo247            11-19-2007, 4:39 PM Reply   
Definetly good stuff! Had a couple of the "big blacks" this weekend, thought they were killer! Will have to try the other flavors now.
Old     (pilot_ryder)      Join Date: Apr 2006       11-19-2007, 9:08 PM Reply   
tried mean bean recently, it was good but nothing is better then the monster green
Old     (watson_134_lf)      Join Date: Nov 2007       11-19-2007, 9:16 PM Reply   
ill have to agree with the traditional monster...
all the other stuff is good, but nothing can touch the original!!!!
Old     (kneeboarddad)      Join Date: Sep 2005       11-20-2007, 3:17 AM Reply   
Getting a case for a Christmas present. I wish they had gift packs where they had a case with 8 of each kind in it.

How about a Monster tasting party. Instead of bottles of wine you would have every flavor of Monster to try. Plan on staying up late. I JUST HAD AN EPIPHANY> Monster instead of Champaign on New Year's Eve. Taste better and I could really use the boost about then.
Old     (premier135rider)      Join Date: Oct 2002       11-20-2007, 5:31 AM Reply   
LOL, you are definitely exploring the possibilities for monster Mr. Hair. You should just come up with Monster recipes for them in exchange for free monster...
Old     (premier135rider)      Join Date: Oct 2002       11-20-2007, 5:35 AM Reply   
Oh, and hey Mr. Carol, met you out on Millerton, we were in the white 24' supra...
Old     (robertr720)      Join Date: Aug 2007       11-20-2007, 8:14 AM Reply   
Ha this thread got me to go and try one. I tried the mean bean one and thought it was awesome. And I don't even like coffee. You should work for Monster Mr. Hair or have your kid get sponsored by them. I still am a fan of the original though. On another note Red bull put out a 16oz can, that thing is damn strong if you chug it and it won't kill you like the Monster BFC that came out.
Old     (dadthedriver)      Join Date: Jul 2004       11-20-2007, 8:30 AM Reply   
Hey Adam I remember. Hit us up if you ever are out this way again we will show you the good water.
Old     (kneeboarddad)      Join Date: Sep 2005       11-20-2007, 8:36 AM Reply   
Adam- How about I teach you to wakeboard in exchange for a free Monster Java.
Old     (premier135rider)      Join Date: Oct 2002       11-20-2007, 8:42 PM Reply   
haha we could possibly work that out, you are the one that taught Austin everything he knows right? So should be a fair trade, we can negotiate the number of cases per month by phone haha