Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (corbin86)      Join Date: Jun 2012       06-27-2012, 8:03 AM Reply   
Hey guys im in the market for some seriouse tunes. I do a little wakeboarding my boats deffetnly not made for hard core boarding but i do a little. I also do alot of beach partys so im looking for alot of sound. i was going to run the three some rev package but i think the 410 will hang down to far in the middle. so will a set of rev10s with a syn 4 amp pushing them be loud enough or should i do two sets of rev10s and mount the two rev 10s on the horizontal bar and one rev10 on each vertical i thought about mounting them on the top of the tower but i think that looks pretty gooffy. any ideas guys as far as being loud with limited head room
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       06-27-2012, 8:12 AM Reply   
One pair of Rev10's will provide you with plenty of sound for both your beach partying and intermittent wake boarding.

Can you post a pic of your tower? I fail to understand why, if you chose two pairs, you can't do them all on the cross bar.
Old     (corbin86)      Join Date: Jun 2012       06-27-2012, 8:26 AM Reply   
Hey nate towers not installed yet but just going off of approximent mount location and height of my tower looks like it will be sitting around 6.5 feet from the walk area to the top of my tower its deffnetly not going to be tall enough for a 410 hangin down so what i was going to do it slid the rev10s over to right wear the dirvers and passanger seat is as you wont be standing there to have issues with head room when i get my tower put on i will deffently post pics thoe
Old     (murphy_smith)      Join Date: Dec 2005       06-27-2012, 8:30 AM Reply   
Corby - welcome to the site and congrats on the decision to get some serious tunes.

I'm 6 foot 3 inches and run a single pair of Rev 10's and I have never hit my head on them, My tower allows me to tuck them up in the corners.

What type of tower are these going on?
Old     (murphy_smith)      Join Date: Dec 2005       06-27-2012, 8:32 AM Reply   
I just noticed that you have the Arial K-2 Tower in your profile. If you tuck those speakers up the corner your are going to minimize any issues.

Regardless of what you go with - I think you could bump your head in moutning something in the middle.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       06-27-2012, 8:36 AM Reply   
I say go with one set of REV10's and a Syn4 to start and see what you think. If it isn't enough add another set of REV10's and another SYN4. That amp will pump 400 watts per speaker so they should be super loud and sound good if tuned correctly.
Old     (chattwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       06-27-2012, 8:41 AM Reply   
If I'm not mistaken, the 410's don't hang any lower than the rev 10's. In fact, they may tuck up even tighter against the tower with the standard clamps than the rev 10's. This was the case with the 485's.
Old     (murphy_smith)      Join Date: Dec 2005       06-27-2012, 8:46 AM Reply   
Chatt is correct on the 410 mounting tucked up into the tower.

There are some good pics in this thread. http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=793404
Old     (lakesurfer)      Join Date: Jul 2009       06-27-2012, 9:06 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by chattwake View Post
If I'm not mistaken, the 410's don't hang any lower than the rev 10's. In fact, they may tuck up even tighter against the tower with the standard clamps than the rev 10's. This was the case with the 485's.
My guess is that he does not want speakers running down the middle of the tower, which is what you would have with a 3 Some or two Rev 410s. Wit the Rev 10s, he can move them to the outside and leave a "lane" down the center of the tower where most people walk.
Old     (corbin86)      Join Date: Jun 2012       06-27-2012, 9:24 AM Reply   
JKW that is exactly what im saying but also thinkin about mounting a second set of rev10s on the tower upright. i havnt seen any body do this but im pretty sure its possible but it sounds like one set will be plenty loud so i might do like brett said just start with one set and get more if i want it louder
Old     (Truekaotik)      Join Date: Jun 2012       06-27-2012, 5:42 PM Reply   
The rev10's hang lower that the rev410.... I'd do the rev 3some... BUT a pair of rev10's is definitly enough... You'd be surprised on their performance if you've never heard a pair... I can get plent of pics of them mounted upright if you'd like... Seen a couple set ups that way.. If you don't worry about bridges and what not your fine...

Last edited by Truekaotik; 06-27-2012 at 5:46 PM.
Old     (corbin86)      Join Date: Jun 2012       06-27-2012, 7:44 PM Reply   
well sounds like im going to get a pretty sweet deal threw the stereo king out of portland so im going to get two pairs of rev10s and two syn 4s and that will give me the versitlity to not have to worrie about head room. the 410 is great and i would love to get one but its 30in long and you cant really mount it like you could the rev10s just what im thinkin for now regardless sounds like 4 rev10s will be loud and plus my girl thought i shouldnt spend more than about 5k on speakers for the boat so i better use it up while i can right lol. you guys are awsome replying with awsome imput