Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through November 07, 2008

Old     (stoked_32)      Join Date: Aug 2007       09-22-2008, 9:24 AM Reply   
Hey guys... just wanted some input on comparing these two boards by:

- Bigger straight up pop?
- Ollies, Slides, looseness?
- Landings?

Ive tried the covin and ibex and I hated how well they both tracked.. .I felt like I was constantly on train tracks. Im kind of afraid that the one will be the same. I also rode the lyman for 5 or 6 sets and love the board but really want something that'll boot me straight up harder.

Thanks in advance...
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       09-22-2008, 10:19 AM Reply   
hmmmmmm......I would just go with the O'brien Decade.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       09-22-2008, 10:24 AM Reply   
I don't know anything about the Covin, but no surprise on the One and Ibex. Both of those riders have always preferred boards that ride tight on the water.
Old    thebiggmann            09-22-2008, 10:26 AM Reply   
Except it's $600 msrp. Unless he's going with an 09 board anyway, that might not make a lot of sense. Sounds like a sweet board though, I was reading the thread before.
Old     (eric_z)      Join Date: Jan 2008       09-22-2008, 10:42 AM Reply   
I did a demo of both the One and the Ibex. I liked the Ibex for tracking and pop but it seemed a little small for me. I rode the 139 and I weigh about 185lbs. I then tried the One and love it. I ended up buying the 142. Great pop, smooth landings. I have never ridden the Watson so I can't compare the two. For me the One is loose when you want it to be and when you want it to cut hard it will. My friend told me I was going higher than ever on this board. That was until I tore my ACL riding it.
Old     (player138)      Join Date: Jun 2007       09-22-2008, 12:22 PM Reply   
My brother has a One and I've got a Covin. They track pretty well the exact same. It's those dumb 1.o fins they've got on them. You can toss 0.7 hype fins on it to make it a little looser, or grind down the fins that come with it. My bro likes the way it tracks, but I'm with you in thinking that it feels too locked in. Other than that though the one's a pretty sick board, tons of straight up pop.
Old     (luke_j)      Join Date: Jul 2008       09-22-2008, 4:30 PM Reply   
watson pops just as well, lands softer, and is looser. They both ollie well
Old     (sacmule)      Join Date: May 2007       09-22-2008, 5:06 PM Reply   
I am currently riding a Watson and love it. It lands soft and has decent pop. It also tracks well when placed on edge; I ride it finless. The One is a very nice board as well, however it does have more speed and tracks much tighter than the Watson. I ilike the mention of shorter fins. However, I felt the One had a more natural pop to it than the Watson, although both boards have plenty of pop. The difference could very well be the feel of the board on the feet, since the One feels lighter on the feet than the Watson. I made my decision on a raving recommendation of the Watson and that it also had a center spine to break up landings, I was tired of hard landings with Premier I had been riding. If I remember correctly, the One has a flat center like the Premier. Both the One and Watson have a loose feel and are slower into the cut toward the wake than the Covin (assuming similar ride/tracing to 3DS) would be; both the One and Watson have a rolled edge between centers which loosens it up and adds some forgiveness as well.