Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through October 30, 2005

Old     (matt_ostmeyer)      Join Date: Mar 2003       10-12-2005, 12:37 PM Reply   
Check this out: http://www.wakepics.com/img/17382

Don't do it at home.
Old     (wakeriderixi)      Join Date: Jan 2004       10-12-2005, 12:39 PM Reply   
Tantrum over a chase boat..
Old     (wakeriderixi)      Join Date: Jan 2004       10-12-2005, 12:41 PM Reply   
...in Metronome, I think it was Watson, when he called the chase boat closer. Did a toeside 720 right to the front of the chase boat. That takes Balls!
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       10-12-2005, 12:44 PM Reply   
no its a raley and its not a chase boat. pretty big
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       10-12-2005, 12:45 PM Reply   
stupid as hell but looks cool
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       10-12-2005, 12:51 PM Reply   
Old     (timmy)      Join Date: Jul 2001       10-12-2005, 12:55 PM Reply   
if that photo is not shopped notice that the rider is in focus and the boat is out of focus, meaning the rider is much closer to the photographer then the boat, not over the boat.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       10-12-2005, 12:56 PM Reply   
it's not shopped. it's a screen shot off the vid. the boat's out of focus 'cause the camera man's following the rider, not the boat.
Old     (jeff359)      Join Date: Jun 2005       10-12-2005, 1:15 PM Reply   
Thanks for giving the idiots a GREAT idea, whoever the rider is.
Old     (noti_dad)      Join Date: Jul 2003       10-12-2005, 1:22 PM Reply   
Got to be the dumbest thing I've seen someone do. What was he thinking jumping a boat full of people? Just think of what landing in the boat would do to the passengers.Oooops, sorry for that cracked skull/broken arm/dislocated shoulder/broken neck.........
Old     (kingskrew)      Join Date: May 2004       10-12-2005, 1:27 PM Reply   
I agree, that was very dumb. That said, that was one of the coolest and most impressive dumb things I've ever seen!!!!!!

-Steve
Old    walt            10-12-2005, 1:56 PM Reply   
http://www.wakepics.com/view_single.php?medid=15425
Old     (wakebrdrnc)      Join Date: Mar 2004       10-12-2005, 2:04 PM Reply   
Look all the people in the boat wear it when the wake hits the boat. You have to slow it down to see it.
Old     (madchild1)      Join Date: Mar 2005       10-12-2005, 2:21 PM Reply   
that poor little malibu got OWNED!!!
Old     (jbleich)      Join Date: Mar 2003       10-12-2005, 2:23 PM Reply   
Logan, theres some haters out there! What because your 4'11'' you have to go out and jump boats now. You definitely got balls bro.
Old     (stanfield)      Join Date: Mar 2004       10-12-2005, 2:36 PM Reply   
That's our boat that got jumped in the video Walt posted. Impressive, but not nearly as impressive and dumb as jumping the whole boat.
Old    260searay            10-12-2005, 2:39 PM Reply   
Thats pretty sick........
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       10-12-2005, 2:51 PM Reply   
Yeah, I'm going to go with dumb, crazy and super cool. If it wasn't for dumb, crazy and super cool we wouldn't have most of the entertainment we watch these days. Good stuff!
Old     (cubanismo)      Join Date: Jan 2005       10-12-2005, 3:02 PM Reply   
"Great love and great achievements involve great risk." The Dalia Lama

Old     (mvda)      Join Date: Dec 2002       10-12-2005, 3:10 PM Reply   
I think that rider jumped just past, not over, the other boat. Looks pretty cool, and probably not as crazy as it looks from that camera angle.
Old     (timmy)      Join Date: Jul 2001       10-12-2005, 3:37 PM Reply   
ok i am at home and watched the vid (no quicktime at work)

that was dumb, crazy, and not cool. pretty much an a*hole move to do that to the other boat.
Old     (jeff359)      Join Date: Jun 2005       10-12-2005, 3:48 PM Reply   
Over, in front of, past, it is still unsafe. I have had someone try a similar jackass move a few months ago at the twins. Guy jumped in front of my boat in a very tight slough(they were also going the wrong direction in tight slough.) If I didn't slam my boat into reverse, kill the engine, and put my boat into the rocks he would have landed in my open bow. I don't know what he was thinking, or even if he had the capabilty to. (I posted this incident on WW when it happened.)

Is it cool? Pretty bad ass. BUT I'm POSITIVE someone that shouldn't be trying this, will. I hope he is the only one that gets hurt. I frankly can do without the reckless badass additude that seems to be so easy to find in our sport. The kinda "Jetski" mentality of not caring about others, disregard for boating safety, and the belief that boats are expensive "toys".

Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       10-12-2005, 4:13 PM Reply   
When I made my comments above, I was under the assumption that the boat he's jumping over and its occupants are willing parties to this stunt, which I assume they are based on the video. If that was just a random boat out on the water that was "volunteerd" for stunt duty, the driver and rider should both be arrested and prosecuted!
Old     (jeff359)      Join Date: Jun 2005       10-12-2005, 5:46 PM Reply   
I assumed the boat was a willing paty as well. My point is that some jackass will try this, and one of us will be the other boat. I sure the hell wasn't willing when the similar event happened to me, being I was with my 8 month old daughter and my wife.
Old     (bladerunner)      Join Date: Jul 2004       10-12-2005, 6:01 PM Reply   
damn matt, that is sick! I wish I could have been there. how did the tourney go?
Old     (ktmwakeboarder)      Join Date: Jun 2004       10-12-2005, 7:00 PM Reply   
That is simply awesome. Props for pulling that off, I love it. Driving a car everday involves huge risk and danger, yet we all do. So much hating here, kinda sad. It appears (to me at least) the other boat was probably a willing/involved party, and should know the risks. So if something bad happens, oh well, sucks for them. They pulled it off and it was/is incredible!
Old     (melissad)      Join Date: Sep 2005       10-12-2005, 7:17 PM Reply   
If you read the caption under where you click for the video, it tells the story about how the other boat wanted him to do it.
Old     (patoloco)      Join Date: May 2002       10-12-2005, 7:24 PM Reply   
I'm actually surprised that at least a couple of pro's haven't tried to make their name doing "stunt" type wakeboarding.

If you've got the skills, then doing a raley over a boat can't be much more dangerous, or dumb, than a backflip on a motorcycle thats 25 feet in the air.

Thats the kind of stuff it will probably take to get wakeboarding back on tv.
Old     (twakess)      Join Date: Mar 2002       10-12-2005, 7:34 PM Reply   
Clean Dean Lavel did a front flip over a boat back in the good old days.
Old     (timmy)      Join Date: Jul 2001       10-13-2005, 5:15 AM Reply   
Andrew Manz didn't like my post in disaproval of this idiotic stunt. He sent me an e-mail:

"The other boat was in on the whole deal you jackass!! Quit being such a b** and give Logan the props he deserves. Was it dumb? Yes. Was is unsafe? Yes....but he goes HUGE. You keep doing your p**** a** back rolls! That's why he rides with Shawn Murray and you ride with you mom!"

So that is a convincing argument in my book. Now I think it was such a cool stunt.

(Message edited by timmy on October 13, 2005)
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       10-13-2005, 7:02 AM Reply   
if you slow it down you can see a guy that is either in the bow or close to it, in the center of the boat, raise a camera straight up trying to get a shot of it. leads me to believe it was over the boat. probably got his cam soaked but it be cool pic
Old     (timmy)      Join Date: Jul 2001       10-13-2005, 7:20 AM Reply   
yes, if you look at where the wake is curling when the rider hits the wake and where it is curling on the other side, assuming the boat is balanced relatively well he is definately going over the other boat. In the above screen capture, the boat is out of focus because it is CLOSER to the camera than the rider. (not because the camera is panning, which would make the image blurred to one side, not out of focus)
Old     (jeff359)      Join Date: Jun 2005       10-13-2005, 7:28 AM Reply   
He sent me TWO!! Pretty much the same context of yours Tim. Calling me a B*TCH, a Hater, and a few other things. I love people that call you out online. Nothing beats an asswhopping via modem.

"That's why he rides with Shawn Murray and you ride with you mom!" Hey have you ever seen his Mom ride, SHE RIPS!!!

Old     (joe_788)      Join Date: Aug 2003       10-13-2005, 7:52 AM Reply   
HA!

owned!
Old     (slipknot)      Join Date: Aug 2001       10-13-2005, 8:08 AM Reply   
if you slack off mentally on that one, just imagine the dudes head into the tower or side of the boat at like 30+ mph, now that would be cool, this bad@$$ wrecks himself showing off like that, but I guess if you go that big and you are confident why not show off and take others safety into your own hands

looks cool but that had to be the most dangerous thing I have ever seen with wakeboarding involved

(Message edited by slipknot on October 13, 2005)
Old     (wakedoctor)      Join Date: Dec 2004       10-13-2005, 8:27 AM Reply   
Couldn't help but comment, this is truly bad a55. I would have to say more dangerous than most Moto Freestyle though. No helment plus if the wake board cought the tower or anything else on the boat it would have been a sudden stop, to were the Moto guys most the time slide a little ways after a fall.
Old     (joshugan)      Join Date: Apr 2005       10-13-2005, 8:57 AM Reply   
I've never ridden with Shawn Murray or my Mom.

I can do kittybutt backrolls though.
Old     (alindquist)      Join Date: Mar 2004       10-13-2005, 10:00 AM Reply   
That's bad ass, I don't see why everyones getting all bent out of shape...

If it wasn't dangerous it wouldn't be as cool...
Old     (jeff359)      Join Date: Jun 2005       10-13-2005, 10:13 AM Reply   
Like I said above, I think it's bad ass. It just hit a little close to home for me. I had someone pull a similar move in front of my boat. I was not a willing participant. My boat into the rocks to keep from killing the guy that fell about 20 feet in fron of me. The 700 bones of gel coat work on a boat with 14 hours came out of my pocket. That wasn't bad ass.

Someone will try this as a result of that video, and he won't be as skilled as the rider in the video.
Old     (jeff359)      Join Date: Jun 2005       10-13-2005, 10:14 AM Reply   
And please no more emails regarding me being a hater, bitch, or anything else. I'm not reading them and they are reported as SPAM, so they get blocked in the future.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       10-13-2005, 10:15 AM Reply   
you're gettin' hate emails?? bahahaha! what a bunch of pussies!
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       10-13-2005, 10:19 AM Reply   
my first mental disaster was him hitting the tower with his head, which would cause the tower to snap since its not designed to take pressure from the side. then the busted tower and the rider injuring everyone on the boat. i think he should get some reals balls and go jump a boathouse

i want a nasty email too!
Old     (hyperlitenrd)      Join Date: Jan 2003       10-13-2005, 11:07 AM Reply   
Have you ever hit your head on your tower? that stuff hurts, no imagine hitting going 30+mph, now if that were me i like to think things through, possible gains: show off for friends, popular, lots of whooping, possible losses: injury to other boat and ocupants, serious injury to me. = no way jose
Old    logan_adams            10-13-2005, 11:18 AM Reply   
Ok guys, I guess its time that I post something. In no way do I condone this act, I understand that it was VERY dangerous, but I do understand my limits and had no reservations about do this stunt. Yes I am the idiot that did this, but let me say this, I understand both sides of the arguments presented above. However let me also say that no one in their right mind should try this unless they are POSITIVE they are going to live to talk about it or that they are not going to harm anyone else in the process. I had very experienced drivers and every person that is present in that video was a willing participant and knew of the consequences. Also I did not, NOT, tell people to write hateful things to others (I think as well as you do that his emails were corny. He was just trying to stand up for me but I can handle my own) I love this sport and would hope that what I did was understood, stupid, but understood.
Old     (tracktor)      Join Date: Sep 2005       10-13-2005, 11:27 AM Reply   
Is it a dumd stune? Yes. Was it cool? Yes, the two often go hand in hand. As long as everyone was a willing participant no one should have a problem. If someone else tries it and gets hurt/killed, well, that's natural selection for you. These things have a way of working out. "If you're going to be stupid, you better be tough"................
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       10-13-2005, 11:56 AM Reply   
sweet. so have you tried this before or you just kinda knew you could clear it? i'm in no way trying to be facetious, just wondering. thanks for posting
Old     (mcx2ryd)      Join Date: Sep 2005       10-13-2005, 2:08 PM Reply   
Props bro.. I want to see more of this kinda crap.. What made snowboarding so big? COOL SHIAT!? Thats right lets see it but you won't see me doin it. Ain't worth the risk. I agree with Giles. Natural Selection baby! HAHA
Old     (uppledup17)      Join Date: Sep 2005       10-13-2005, 2:18 PM Reply   
It isn't natural selection and I am with Jeff on this one. It is one thing that this guy had the ability to pull it off, it is the moron that thinks he can now do it but can't. Egos come before brains and that is scary. Glad it worked out this time but ability or not s*** happens, otherwise there would be no ACL issues, concussions, etc. Even the Pros make mistakes and it will only be a matter of time when I read a thread about some tragedy like the "warning' thread posted previously. Just random thoughts.
Old     (uppledup17)      Join Date: Sep 2005       10-13-2005, 4:03 PM Reply   
If you read the caption for this video on wakepics....that is exactly what he was doing. Power of the p**** my friend. I am just worried about some dude who does it for a boat full of well dudes. My other question would be......did you score?
Old    goofyfoot            10-13-2005, 4:17 PM Reply   
Now that I've sobered up from last night, I would like to apologize to all individuals that recieved negative emails from me last night/this morning.

Logan is a good rider and a good friend of mine. I hope my actions do not shed negative light on him. Once again, I apologize for my childish behavior.

With that being said....Logo rips it up and has HUGE cajones!
Old     (jeff359)      Join Date: Jun 2005       10-13-2005, 4:28 PM Reply   
Andy, I like the public apology. You could've just hid out till everyone forgot. I have no negative opinions of Logan or you at this point.
Old     (thane_dogg)      Join Date: Jun 2002       10-13-2005, 4:42 PM Reply   

quote:

However let me also say that no one in their right mind should try this unless they are POSITIVE they are going to live to talk about it or that they are not going to harm anyone else in the process.

what if an accident did happen?

http://www.wakepics.com/view_single.php?medid=9450
Old     (timmy)      Join Date: Jul 2001       10-13-2005, 5:08 PM Reply   
haha you were drunk writing those? even better! haha
Old    goofyfoot            10-13-2005, 8:14 PM Reply   
After watching that for the 20th time I noticed the cars driving accross the dam. I wonder what thoughts were going through "John Doe's" head while watching this sick trick from the road!

It's a wonder they didn't wreck themselves!
Old    mendo247            10-13-2005, 8:31 PM Reply   
i jumped a boat wake to wake last weekend.. my buddy was driving my v215 and i was following in my 72 kona jet boat... hit the wake about 55mph and landed in the ramp on the other side.. im gonna try toe side this weekend..
Old     (deepstructure)      Join Date: Jun 2002       10-13-2005, 8:35 PM Reply   
lol - where's the video richard??
Old     (rson)      Join Date: Jun 2002       10-13-2005, 9:49 PM Reply   
The Supra jump was done by a rider that has 6+ years riding.....he rides almost everyday and rides better than he walks.

The guys on the supra were buddies of his and know 2 things:
1: He can pull the trick off
2: He can pay if he doesn't

If anyone has ever seen the raleys that Wynn throws......he could jump 2 boats easilly.

Check out www.waterskiamerica.com and watch the video!!
Old    kmreastcoast            10-15-2005, 10:46 PM Reply   
my teammates cant remember their password so ill post this for them....."prove it."
Old     (timmy)      Join Date: Jul 2001       10-16-2005, 8:09 PM Reply   
I got another love letter, this time from

Christopher Lee Culbertson(UMC-Student)

"we knew he was going to jump us. it was not was effing
sick. give the props and stop being jealous."

Thanks for the attention kids.
Old     (wakescene)      Join Date: Feb 2001       10-17-2005, 11:53 AM Reply   
the vid that Walt posted...
If this is the same guy that did the Raley over the boat...I would never knock him. It's not that the ollie over the bow of the supra was impressive, even I can ollie that high and far....but the fact that he went right into a wicked TS whatever 360 trick from only about 8-10 feet out right after the ollie proves the skill he has!

Walt post more of that guy please.
Old     (rootc)      Join Date: Aug 2002       10-17-2005, 11:54 AM Reply   
Definately crazy. Crazy cool, Crazy bad idea, Crazy dangerous, Crazy results if gone bad. A whole lota risk and little reward.
Old     (rson)      Join Date: Jun 2002       10-17-2005, 12:50 PM Reply   
No the Ollie over the Supra was a local rider here named Chris Wynn.

BBBBBBBaaaaddddd Mofo with lots of skill and style. Not to mention his camo wakesetter with a hottub in it adds to his style.
Old    gschmidt            10-17-2005, 3:57 PM Reply   
"my teammates cant remember their password so ill post this for them....."prove it.""

Hahaha agreed...

Oh, and the rider had consent from everyone. If anything happened, it would have been everyone's fault. But then again, it didn't. Why are we arguing over a tangent universe again? I understand the whole "Public safety" argument, but then again, we are talking about one of the most personally dangerous sports in existence.
Old     (mcx2ryd)      Join Date: Sep 2005       10-17-2005, 4:21 PM Reply   
root-

Little reward??? Look at the attention this thread is getting. <<<<sick>>> But I love it.
Old    logan_adams            10-17-2005, 9:42 PM Reply   
I LOVE IT!!!!!
Old     (wakescene)      Join Date: Feb 2001       10-18-2005, 7:45 AM Reply   
Rich,
Thanks for the info on Chris Wynn. yea form the vid Walt posted, it looks like he has crazy skillz!
Old     (99xstar)      Join Date: Aug 2005       10-19-2005, 6:10 AM Reply   
First off, I like that Giles brought Darwin into this thread, that's funny. Second, I don't understand why anyone would say anything bad about such a sweet stunt.

You could have an argument if the other boat wasn't ok with what was happening, sure. But, everyone was cool with what was going on and this dude put his neck on the line so we could see greatness.

Did a similar thread start when the first raley happened because it risked a concusion? This is just danger at a greater scale that deserves greater praise. For the haters, yeah it's crazy and dumb for a guy like me to try it, but that's why it's so gnarly. If we're going to hold this clip responsible for others getting hurt in the future, see Giles' post.

To the man who jumps boats, I give you my thumbs up.

You should try it without a vest sometime, haha, just kidding safety freaks.
Old     (wakeprodigy)      Join Date: Oct 2002       10-19-2005, 10:02 PM Reply   

Uncle Rico Jumps Some Mountains
Old     (depswa)      Join Date: Nov 2000       10-20-2005, 8:59 AM Reply   
LMFAO Tom!
Old    jowoo919            10-21-2005, 8:29 AM Reply   
nice! roflmfao!
Old     (cubanismo)      Join Date: Jan 2005       10-21-2005, 1:39 PM Reply   
Holy hell, that's the funniest thing I've seen on this board. Kudos, Tom!
Old    xtreme_kc            10-21-2005, 7:37 PM Reply   
As someone who knows Logan personally...I can tell you this- he is one of the few people in his age group that any parent would be happy to have their kids go spend a day riding. He has done numorous lessons for our store, and when clients ask us how do they get lessons arranged, I never hesitate to give out Logan's info. He is a truly genuine person, and is a great role model for kids. He does do stupid S@#T from time to time, but that edge is what makes hime a great rider. Logan reminds me of another former employer I once had, Erich Schmatz, and he had the same occasionaly reckless personna, wrapped by a train load of integrity. I would be proud if my sons grew up to mirror either of them.
Old    corkyswx2            10-22-2005, 2:30 PM Reply   
Good for Logan. You guys need to understand that this was done by a PROFESSIONAL in a CONTROLLED enviroment. These were willing parties.

For the people that freaked out about what he did, do some yoga or something-RELAX. For those that are talking about stupid stunts in general, it's almost off topic. And for those who thought that was awesome, DO NOT ATTEMPT IT!
Old    corkyswx2            10-22-2005, 2:40 PM Reply   
Squid- You can watch Lavelle jumping boats, pwcs, etc on the Skiers Wharf Extreme shop video released this January. For a brief clip of this check out
http://www.skierswharfextreme2.com/videos.html
Old     (timmy)      Join Date: Jul 2001       10-22-2005, 7:28 PM Reply   
I think the only ones freaking out are the ones that got their panties in a bunch when some of us said it was stupid.
Old     (matt_ostmeyer)      Join Date: Mar 2003       10-22-2005, 8:34 PM Reply   
Ha ha, can't believe all the posts, pretty cool. As the guy driving the boat, I gotta say I was nervous about towing my buddy into a death trap, but I knew he goes big enough, so I drove as close to the other boat as I could and watched the speed and direction and everything like a hawk, and it worked out. Funny thing is, Logan's ralleys are usually bigger and laid out flat - he cleared it by a long shot on a kind of weak ralley (for him...)

If you're wondering, the boat was a Tige 22v with 2500# water and 10 people - good wake!!! Not that Logan doesn't go HUGE, but I think most good riders can go that big on a big wake, but it's having the balls to do it over a potentially BAD crash that sets it off... I don't know if my 'giner is showing, but I don't know that I'll ever do it - that's why LOGAN ADAMS IS MY HERO Anyways, the whole tournament was a blast and people definetly need to get down with the collegiate scene and get stuff like this going!
Old     (thane_dogg)      Join Date: Jun 2002       10-22-2005, 9:01 PM Reply   

quote:

By Tim Krutz (timmy) on Saturday, October 22, 2005 - 7:28 pm:

I think the only ones freaking out are the ones that got their panties in a bunch when some of us said it was stupid.

yuuuuuuuuuuuuuuup.