Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (bwake)      Join Date: Sep 2009       07-03-2014, 1:22 AM Reply   
Looking at installing perfect pass into the boat as ballast is killing the ability to hold speed.

Was looking at ebay and noticed lots of people selling individual bits.

What exactly do I need pieces wise for a full Perfect Pass setup to suit a 97 Black Scorpion?

- Module
- Servo motor
- Gauge
- Wiring
- GPS piece if going Stargazer
- Cable

Just considering whether its a more cost effective option as PP is very expensive over here in NZ.
Old     (racer808)      Join Date: Jan 2013       07-03-2014, 6:19 AM Reply   
Also need the module & paddle wheel. I would just buy new it new so you know everything works. Lots of people start having problems with their system, can't isolate what it is, so they buy new sell the rest. Could be a bad paddle wheel, bad module, bad gauge. Not worth the headache. I've spent all season chasing an issue I thought was the wire. Did the trouble shooting & one day it would lead me to believe it was the module, the next day it would lead me to believe it was the paddle wheel. I gave up & ordered the star gazer upgrade.
Old     (lifetimewarranty)      Join Date: Oct 2008       07-03-2014, 2:42 PM Reply   
Why not just buy the stargazer kit? It is the easiest install and you will know everything is there.
Old     (bwake)      Join Date: Sep 2009       07-04-2014, 2:39 AM Reply   
Im in new zealand. The local dealers want around 2000 nzd (1600 usd) and moneys tight
Old     (imscarlet)      Join Date: Mar 2008       07-04-2014, 5:15 PM Reply   
You haven't asked me and I am a local dealer BTW US retail for these are $1195 + around $200 for shipping (PP only fedex) is $1395 = $1591 NZD + GST = $1988.75

If you are having trouble holding a constant speed by hand then forget the PP as you will have a similar issue, you may find a more cost effective option is to re-prop

Ian @ PureInboards
Old     (sniper)      Join Date: Sep 2012       07-04-2014, 6:17 PM Reply   
Try hydrophase, same product basically, just cheaper all the reviews I've read look good, I'll be putting in my next boat for sure
Old     (bwake)      Join Date: Sep 2009       07-04-2014, 6:21 PM Reply   
Ian, Sent a message a few months ago, not sure if it was on wake.co.nz, facebook or email.

The boat holds speed well if the right driver is behind the wheel. My g/f is ok, but not great and a regular speed would make driving better for my riding and allow her to focus on driving more. The relationship saver as i read so often here.

Have been in plenty of boats with older systems, and thought one would work fine until funds are a bit better and i could upgrade to star gazer (if i upgrade at all)
Old     (Jeff)      Join Date: May 2010       07-04-2014, 7:49 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by sniper View Post
Try hydrophase, same product basically, just cheaper all the reviews I've read look good, I'll be putting in my next boat for sure
It's not really mentionably cheaper unless they're cutting better deals than the list price of $1,095 (+ shipping? They do seem to charge shipping but I'd have to enter my address to get a quote). I got the current version of PP StatGazer for a better price than that a couple of years ago. Apparently sales@redstarboating.com is selling PP StarGazer for $1,099 + $25 shipping right now. So, ~$5 more for a product from a company that's been around for 20+ years and is pretty much the standard in the industry seems worth it to me. I definitely would be interested in Ride Steady if I was in the market but I'd either expect a much better feature set (which they don't really have) or a significant discount (which $5 is not).