Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through December 14, 2003

Old     (cfisher)      Join Date: Apr 2002       11-13-2003, 8:20 PM Reply   
Riders: Alain Kelder, Greg Sandford, Mark But****a and Christie Fisher.

http://www.wakepics.com/view_single.php?medid=9466
Old     (sdboardr99)      Join Date: Aug 2001       11-13-2003, 9:25 PM Reply   
It looks like you guys had a lot of fun and a nice day of riding. Drysuits already??? Christie I think you would stick those 180s if you just bend your knees on the landings. You are really stiff legging it, which you can see clearly in the last 30 seconds of the video, which causes you to slide out. Be aggressive and stomp the landing!
Old    lachlantait            11-14-2003, 1:33 AM Reply   
hay christie ive been trying to work this out for a while now and keep coming up trumps.
did you have a bit of money to blow on a new boat coz like most people buy a brand new dease boat to get bigger air to perform the tricks longer but your only really beginning at the wakeboard thing.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       11-14-2003, 6:46 AM Reply   
I think she knows what she's doing wrong. She needs to land on her toes - leaning away from the boat.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       11-14-2003, 7:34 AM Reply   
Thanks alot Christie. I'll have 2 live crew stuck in my head all day!
Old     (mcfatty)      Join Date: Apr 2003       11-14-2003, 7:42 AM Reply   
lachlan,

you're a . good luck in life.
Old     (barry)      Join Date: Apr 2002       11-14-2003, 8:05 AM Reply   
I hope what you said just came out *way* wrong, Lachan.
if not,"you're a •••••. good luck in life."

What's wrong with her riding? Looks great to me.

Christie, that vid was stressfull watching you get soooo close on that 180. I was literally leaning forward on my seat saying "she's got this one" at each attempt. At the end of the vid I yelled "awwww, c'mon Christie!".. My employee asked from the next room:
Who is Christie and why are you yelling at her?

haha

B-
Old    norcal_99            11-14-2003, 8:25 AM Reply   
"Who is Christie and why are you yelling at her?" - that's funny.

Christie, Great job. You're so close.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       11-14-2003, 8:29 AM Reply   
Lachlan,

Good luck in life. You're a •••••.
Old    norcal_99            11-14-2003, 8:36 AM Reply   
Hey Lachlan, I've been trying to work this out for a while now, and keep coming up trumps. Do they teach you kids manners in Australia? Because like most people wouldn't ask rude questions like the one you asked Christie, but then again, you're only really beginning at the whole growing-up thing.

Old     (mcfatty)      Join Date: Apr 2003       11-14-2003, 8:57 AM Reply   
I didn't know pr^ck was a bad word, but lachlan you're still one.

I smell the slight hint of jealousy.

(Message edited by mcfatty on November 14, 2003)
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       11-14-2003, 9:02 AM Reply   
He was conceived in Australia people (Foster's)! I'm thinking it must be Fetal Alcohol Syndrome.

Christie,

Bro, your soooooo close now.
Old     (woundedknee)      Join Date: Apr 2002       11-14-2003, 9:16 AM Reply   
schleprockshifty. very niice!!

lachlan, You're a ***** in life.

trace
Old    deltahoosier            11-14-2003, 11:31 AM Reply   
Christie,

You will have the 180 for Christmas ) Practice riding switch toeside more and practice it crossing the wakes. That way you will be used to what it feels like to be on the toe edge. You have everything else in place just fine.

Are you going up to Berryessa for Thanksgiving?
Old     (hatepwcs)      Join Date: Mar 2002       11-14-2003, 11:49 AM Reply   
Willing to bet Christie can outride Lachalife. I hadnt realized 16 is not to young to be wipe.
Old     (cfisher)      Join Date: Apr 2002       11-14-2003, 11:50 AM Reply   
Thanks, everyone for your support!

Lachan - I somehow missed the list of prerequisites that included stellar wakeboarding skills prior to purchasing a nice boat. I was of the understanding that you just needed a little cash and some good friends to go out and enjoy the boat with!

Maybe they do things differently in Australia, but here it all about having a great time with friends and encouraging each rider to progress and have fun at their own individual pace!
Old     (greatdane)      Join Date: Feb 2001       11-14-2003, 12:45 PM Reply   
Christie, thanks for the Video!
You rock girl! Keep it up!

Geeze, I thought Ausies were generally cool people. Goes to show ya, loosers exist all over the world.
Old     (paulsmith)      Join Date: Mar 2002       11-14-2003, 2:49 PM Reply   
Well said, Christie. Well said. I feel your pain on the 180s, believe me.

Dane, "loosers" -- are those people with some loose screws upstairs or what? j/k

Lachlan, right now you are experiencing being 16 and letting your mouth get away from you. I hope you realize why what you said was offensive and are grown up enough to realize the importance (and benefit) of a sincere apology.
Old     (cfisher)      Join Date: Apr 2002       11-14-2003, 3:08 PM Reply   
By the way, Barry...thanks for the laugh!!!
Old    stormrider            11-14-2003, 3:46 PM Reply   
Video makes me want to go out and ride!
Old     (greatdane)      Join Date: Feb 2001       11-14-2003, 4:21 PM Reply   
Andre, thanks. Ya, loose screws!

BTW, my friend Bob also hates it when I add an extra "o" to his name.
Old     (deepstructure)      Join Date: Jun 2002       11-14-2003, 4:26 PM Reply   
we should just call you guys the goofy heelside crew! i see how it is christie - just stickin' with yer own kind eh? yeah, o.k...whatever!

Old     (dococ)      Join Date: Mar 2002       11-14-2003, 4:33 PM Reply   
Very well said, Paul!
(although technically, it was his fingers and not his mouth, j/k, sorry, it's Friday afternoon and I'm looking for trouble, just like our boy Lachlan!)

Lachlan, you should consider taking that advice to heart. Most things in the universe and in life tend to follow circular patterns, meaning that what you do comes back to you eventually. You cannot wakeboard or do much of anything in life without the support of others, which is what you will lose if you are not able to learn from these types of mistakes.

Ironically, Christie is actually somebody that you could learn a great deal from. She has a LOTTA LOTTA LOTTA friends in a part of the country that is known for producing some of the best riders in the world. There are reason why she has the support of so many friends, and your lesson should be to try to figure that out, if you choose.
Old     (speedy)      Join Date: Apr 2002       11-14-2003, 10:58 PM Reply   
Christie,
Thanks again for the great day of riding, I love the crash section of the video. I hope the next title is "I finally landed it."
mark
Old     (wakehype)      Join Date: Dec 2002       11-14-2003, 11:32 PM Reply   
Yup, You are there Christie, just need to get over on your toes a little more. Nice editing and riding! Sick boat, too :-)
Old     (rvh3)      Join Date: Jul 2003       11-15-2003, 9:17 AM Reply   
Entertaining video. Lets not bash Australia for the actions of one person with a history of negativity. I bite wakeboarding and would love that boat if I had the cash. Props to you Christie.........
Old     (richd)      Join Date: Oct 2003       11-15-2003, 9:55 AM Reply   
Christie's committment to wakeboarding and to her son is legendary around here and is beyond reproach. She has earned and deserves that boat in every way. To go for it the way she does and then have to work on Monday is something these kids don't have an understanding of yet! Heck she's probably waiting for this rain to stop so she can go ride as we speak!
Old    love2wakbrd2000            11-15-2003, 9:55 AM Reply   
Christie,
That was great! I'm the girl who saw you making that video on Bart Thursday. I'm so glad you shared... Good luck with the 180 - you'll get it soon! Nice to see there's other die-hards out there this winter! You got me totally pumped up to make videos....
Old    wakelvr            11-15-2003, 10:17 AM Reply   
Another great video Christie... You are on fire! Keep up the good work.

Lachlan... You are 16 years young. And that is why I'm able to forgive you for making such a rude comment to my friend. If you are ever in this area, look us delta folks up. We'll be glad to hook you up with a pull and show you what our spirit is all about.