Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       08-26-2013, 4:11 PM Reply   
Just wanted to stop in and say GO BRONCOS!!!!
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       08-27-2013, 6:44 AM Reply   
I've seen enough preseason to make half-assed post-season predictions:

NFC - it is going to be crazy close this year, especially in the North
North - I honestly could see Packers, Bears, or Vikings winning this division.... but my gut says bears
South - Falcons, they were good last year and I think they got better this year
East - Dallas, as mch as it pains me, I think they can take this division
West - 49ers, I think they're superbowl bound again if Kaep can stay healthy
WC - Seahawks
WC - Saints / Whoever is 2nd in the north

AFC: This division seems a bit more cut and dry in most divisions
North - Bengals
South - Texans
East - Patriots
West - Denver - I believe will be super bowl bound also
WC - Chiefs
WC - Ravens

Superbowl - 49ers vs. Broncos
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       08-27-2013, 7:11 AM Reply   
Think Nic is close minus a couple details.

Seahawks take NFC West

Hawks clean house in the NFC and represent as the Superbowl contender.

Texans take AFC Championship and lose to the Hawks in the big one.
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       08-27-2013, 9:58 AM Reply   
Autodraft can be so cruel!! I ended up with Lynch AND Seattle's defense. My head will explode if I have to root for them. I smell a trade in my future.
Old     (83Starsnstripes)      Join Date: Jul 2013       08-27-2013, 7:16 PM Reply   
Hahaha you better keep both those Autodraft picks if you want to win your league. Just root for the Hawks you know you want to!!

Predictions
NFC West - Hawks
NFC North - Lions (sleeper)
NFC South - Falcons
NFC East - Cowboys (another one and done for Romo)
WC - 49ers
WC - Packers (only because Lions away schedule is easier)

AFC West - Broncos
AFC East - Pats
AFC North - Bengals
AFC South - Colts (sorry Texans you'll be losing to another Colt QB for the next 10 years)
WC - Texans
WC - Steelers (because there has to be a 6th seed)

Good luck everyone!! And by good luck I mean I hope you lose unless your team is the Hawks!!

GO HAWKS!! (Russell Wilson font)
Old     (supersonicmi)      Join Date: Sep 2005       08-27-2013, 7:43 PM Reply   
Looks like the autodraft is looking out for you!!!
Old     (larry1167)      Join Date: Jun 2010       08-28-2013, 7:48 AM Reply   
Don't understand all these predictions about the Cowboys winning the NFC East. We all know Romo can't get it done. Redskins win the NFC East.
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       08-28-2013, 9:19 AM Reply   
Someone mentioned the "Boys" and Robert didn't jump in with commentary and videos from the nineties?

I predict the world is coming to an end.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       08-28-2013, 6:07 PM Reply   
Predictions

NFC WEST -49ERS,SEAHAWKS,RAMS,CARDINALS

NFC NORTH-Packers,Lions,Bears,Vikings

NFC SOUTH - Falcons,Saints,Bucs,Panthers

NFC EAST - Cowboys,Redskins,Eagles,Giants

AFC WEST - Broncos,Chargers,Chiefs,Raiders

AFC NORTH - Ravens,Bengals,Steelers,Browns

AFC SOUTH - Colts,Texans,Titans,Jaguars

AFC EAST - Patriots,Dolphins,Bills,Jets

Playoffs TBD for now
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       08-29-2013, 8:21 AM Reply   
Seahawks win and I don't care about the rest of the league.
Old     (cragrat)      Join Date: Mar 2012       09-04-2013, 4:23 AM Reply   
Go broncos!
Attached Images

Old     (steezyshots)      Join Date: Feb 2008       09-04-2013, 9:32 AM Reply   
^^^^ that's great! I am sending that to all my douchy seahawk fan friends
Old     (83Starsnstripes)      Join Date: Jul 2013       09-04-2013, 11:43 AM Reply   
That's pretty damn funny and I'm a Hawks fan.

Pretty bold to post that considering what the Broncos looked like vs the Hawks a few weeks ago. BTW enjoy tomorrow nights game when the Ravens get their rings on the Broncos home field.
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       09-04-2013, 1:05 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by 83Starsnstripes View Post
That's pretty damn funny and I'm a Hawks fan.

Pretty bold to post that considering what the Broncos looked like vs the Hawks a few weeks ago. BTW enjoy tomorrow nights game when the Ravens get their rings on the Broncos home field.
The Seahawks beating the Broncos in game 2 of the 2013 preseason doesn't mean the Seahawks are a better....or worse(if the Broncos would have won) team. NFL Preseason football is about worthless in this regard.

Having the Ravens come to SAF @ Mile High alone just makes me cringe.... I'm still butthurt about a boneheaded safety playing an easy knockdown or INT, like a sophomore at a AA High School....and giving up a 70 yard tying touchdown and eventual ouster of the playoffs, with :30 left on the clock. That game was won...OVER....but then again, not so much.

I've said it before, Flacco should send Rahim Moore 50K a year for the rest of his life, for making him a Super Bowl winning QB & assuring that monster contract. Flacco and the Ravens should have been going home, again....if not for an idiot giving up a 70 yard pass with :30 to go.....and he didn't even get fooled by a move or blown coverage, he just couldn't judge the flight of a *****in ball......
Old     (homedawg678)      Join Date: Jan 2007       09-04-2013, 1:46 PM Reply   
^^^ Ya because Moore played a huge part in Flacco's legendary 11TD 0 INT playoff run.

Sometimes things just happen by chance....you can say its luck but how do you think the Ravens felt the prior year when Lee Evans catches the game winning ball in the AFC championship but then drops it somehow? Not to mention Billy Cundiff's miss....... It works both ways is what I'm saying...

Go Ravens
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       09-04-2013, 3:40 PM Reply   
He did play a HUGE part in it..... He should have ended it at 7-1.

I hope that Flacco contract is an anchor on the Ravens like none ever experienced by an NFL team.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       09-04-2013, 6:30 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by cragrat View Post
Go broncos!
That there's funny...................I don't care who you are. Sometimes the truth hurts.
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       09-05-2013, 6:32 AM Reply   
Arizona @ St. Louis - St. Louis
Green Bay @ San Fran - Green Bay
Seattle @ Carolina - Seattle

Can't wait for this season to get started!

HAWKS!
Old     (83Starsnstripes)      Join Date: Jul 2013       09-05-2013, 10:57 AM Reply   
I love how Bronco fans forget that Manning threw a INT in OT for the Ravens to win that game.
Better hope for a very warm winter in Denver because Manning + cold weather = playoff losses.
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       09-05-2013, 3:22 PM Reply   
Starting the night with a big GO BRONCOS!!!!

Quote:
I love how Bronco fans forget that Manning threw a INT in OT for the Ravens to win that game.
Better hope for a very warm winter in Denver because Manning + cold weather = playoff losses.
I don't know of any Broncos fans that have forgot that...... Seems like it is etched in all our memories.... The another big one was in the 1st Quarter for a TD. Like I said before, shouldn't have been in OT.... 70 yard BOMB with :38 seconds to go....up 7..... That said, I think the who cold weather = playoff losses is garbage.... It's one of those anecdotal stats that people love, but mean nothing. Broncos will live and die with Peyton.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deuce View Post
He did play a HUGE part in it..... He should have ended it at 5-1.
Fixed that.....
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       09-05-2013, 9:42 PM Reply   
Calling it early 4:30 left....always nice to win, long season, but better 1-0, than 0-1.... Will be good to get Von Miller back in 5 more games. Go Broncos!
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       09-06-2013, 3:20 AM Reply   
Can you say azz whooping.7 TD's 462 YARDS and could have put up more td's if the defense carried the ball all the way to the end zone.I said the Ravens would miss Anquan Boldin.They also missed Dennis Pita,Ray Lewis and Ed Reed. But at least they still own the referee's.But alas that wasn't enough. 49-27 BEAT DOWN.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       09-06-2013, 3:58 AM Reply   
THIS WEEKS PICKS

BAL @ DEN- I would have taken Denver
SEA @ CAR - Panthers in a upset.
Cin @ Chi - Bengals will probably win.
Mia @ Cle - Browns ground and pound the Dolphins
Min @ Det - Lions with the air attack.
Oak @ Ind - Colts
KC @ Jac - Chiefs i guess?
Atl @ NO - Saints at home.
TB @ NYJ - BUCS
Ten @ Pit - Steelers

SUNDAY @ 4:30

GB @ SF - 49ERS at home
Ari @ STL - Rams at home

SUNDAY @ 8:30

NYG @ DAL - The Cowboys have never beaten the Giants at their new stadium. That will change tonight .............Cowboys win.

Monday @ 7:10

Phi @ Was - Redskins at home.

Monday @ 10:20

Hou @ SD - Texans in a late one[the game i mean]
Old     (83Starsnstripes)      Join Date: Jul 2013       09-06-2013, 8:55 AM Reply   
did anyone notice how much better Manning played after he took that glove off? Also, it was an amazing game for a guy that can't throw 30 yards.
Old     (DenverRider)      Join Date: Feb 2013       09-06-2013, 9:06 AM Reply   
49-27
Old     (digg311)      Join Date: Sep 2007       09-06-2013, 9:45 PM Reply   
My Picks

BAL @ DEN - I'd have called Denver... but not by that much. Wow.
Atl @ NO - Two strong offenses. Two weak D's. I'll take the Falcons in a squeaker.
NE @ Buff - Brady crushes.
Cin @ Chi - I'm torn on this one. I like Cincy. But I think they drop this one in Chicago. They'll do better than the Bears over the whole season though.
Mia @ Cle - Cle wins by the sheer force of home field advantage.
Min @ Det - Calvin Johnson destrys the Viks.
Ten @ Pit - The Steelers enjoy one of their few wins this season.
Oak @ Ind - Colts win. Because, Oakland.
KC @ Jac - Both garbage teams... but KC is slightly less garbage.
TB @ NYJ - BUCS... because, NYJ.
SEA @ CAR - Cam will overcome this loss and have a strong season... but he still loses this one.
GB @ SF - Green Bay has a score to settle. And Kaep will need time to develop a relationship with his somewhat depleted receiving corps. SF drops their home opener, automatically making them 0-2 to start the season.
Ari @ STL - Rams, easy.
NYG @ DAL - The Cowboys O-line won't be able to protect Romo. He'll be rushed like crazy. Even if he avoids bad decisions and interceptions, he won't be able to post enough points to keep up with Lil' Manning.
Phi @ Was - Redskins for sure.
Hou @ SD - I have friends from SD... they're about to see the crap beginning of what's gonna be a crap season.

FOOTBALL IS BACK!!!!!!!
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       09-08-2013, 6:19 PM Reply   
Yes it was ugly but it was a win... a road win.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       09-08-2013, 7:15 PM Reply   
Seattle was behind most of the game. The 49ers were Awesome! Seattle played a losing team.The 49ers played a playoff team and had 400 plus yards. Can you say Anquan Bolden?
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       09-08-2013, 8:56 PM Reply   
Cowboys defense gets 6 turnovers. Romo is patient and puts up almost 3 times what Russell Wilson did points wise.Eli is praised for his fourth quarter comebacks and throws 3 int's and chokes in crunch time.Bottom line Giants Lose,Giants lose! well only 5 games wrong so far and the Bucs gave theirs away.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       09-08-2013, 8:58 PM Reply   
Looks like I'll win the picks this week! I know you guys love that!
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       09-09-2013, 7:09 AM Reply   
Silly Robert...

We won on the road yesterday and we're going to win our home opener this weekend...
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       09-09-2013, 8:32 AM Reply   
I know we got a win, but I just wish the Rams could have "dominated" like Seattle did. We'll definitely be watching their film this week to pick up some tips. I just hope they don't hang 12 points on us when we meet them in week 8!
Old     (83Starsnstripes)      Join Date: Jul 2013       09-09-2013, 9:15 AM Reply   
I love you Cowboy fans. So confident now but ya'll were as nervous as whore in church when Eli had the ball with 5 minutes to go. If it wasn't for that pick six Giants win that game again.
Also, please check your Romo vs. Wilson stats again. Wilson Passer Rating 115, Romo 90. Wilson yards 320, Romo 263. Wilson INT's 0, Romo 1.
Not to mention Romo with 5 minutes to go in the 4th to put the game away threw for 2 yards and punted back to the G-Men. Wilson led a 68 yard drive over 5:25 and kneeled the game out. I'll take the QB in the winning formation at the end of a game.
Old     (digg311)      Join Date: Sep 2007       09-09-2013, 9:36 AM Reply   
Yep... Cowboys barely squeak out a victory even though Lil' Eli and his squad turned the ball over 147 times.
I was worried about your Rams Dave... for the divisional race, I must admit hoping they'd stumble... but they pulled it out. Nice work there.

The 49ers looked good... but I'm still not worried about next week in Seattle. The Packers sold out to stop the run and were short a corner, a safety, and a couple linebackers. The were conceding literally 70% of the field. Boldin won’t have another game like that all year.
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       09-09-2013, 9:55 AM Reply   
Really Dave... really...

One of the crappiest teams in the NFL lit your almighty D up and the Rams almost lost in their home opener... Week eight will be like a bye for us.

Can't wait for this Sunday...
Old     (baitkiller)      Join Date: Jan 2010       09-09-2013, 9:55 AM Reply   
As for the Niners, you can stop Frank or you can stop Anquon (sp?) But somebody is gonna get loose. maybe itl be Franks turn next week. It would be quite difficult to accomplish the stifling of both.
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       09-09-2013, 9:57 AM Reply   
One of the crappiest teams in the NFL? I'm going to enjoy the Arizona/Seattle matchup!
Old     (digg311)      Join Date: Sep 2007       09-09-2013, 10:48 AM Reply   
Ha! No matter how crappy Arizona is.... The Seahawks can find a way to lose to them at their house. I'm convinced it's some kind of Black Magic.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       09-09-2013, 11:04 AM Reply   
Quote:
I love you Cowboy fans. So confident now but ya'll were as nervous as whore in church when Eli had the ball with 5 minutes to go. If it wasn't for that pick six Giants win that game again.
Also, please check your Romo vs. Wilson stats again. Wilson Passer Rating 115, Romo 90. Wilson yards 320, Romo 263. Wilson INT's 0, Romo 1.
Not to mention Romo with 5 minutes to go in the 4th to put the game away threw for 2 yards and punted back to the G-Men. Wilson led a 68 yard drive over 5:25 and kneeled the game out. I'll take the QB in the winning formation at the end of a game.
Read and comprehend. 3 times points wise what Russell Wilson did.12 points would have gotten them(Seahawks) a azz whipping against the Giants. QB rating doesn't win games Td's and FG's do.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       09-09-2013, 11:06 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by digg311 View Post
Yep... Cowboys barely squeak out a victory even though Lil' Eli and his squad turned the ball over 147 times.
I was worried about your Rams Dave... for the divisional race, I must admit hoping they'd stumble... but they pulled it out. Nice work there.

The 49ers looked good... but I'm still not worried about next week in Seattle. The Packers sold out to stop the run and were short a corner, a safety, and a couple linebackers. The were conceding literally 70% of the field. Boldin won’t have another game like that all year.
Dream on Boldin will embarrass your corners next week.
Old     (83Starsnstripes)      Join Date: Jul 2013       09-09-2013, 12:21 PM Reply   
Oh did Romo make that pick six at the end of the game? I didn't realize he played defense too. Only thing Romo did yesterday better than Wilson was he threw another TD, but Wilson didn't need to.
How do the Cowboys get 6 turnovers and it still comes down to the last 5 minutes? Because (big shocker) they are terrible.

Let me know when Romo surpasses Wilson on playoff wins and maybe I'll listen but I doubt I'll have to.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       09-09-2013, 3:14 PM Reply   
Quote:
Oh did Romo make that pick six at the end of the game? I didn't realize he played defense too. Only thing Romo did yesterday better than Wilson was he threw another TD, but Wilson didn't need to.
How do the Cowboys get 6 turnovers and it still comes down to the last 5 minutes? Because (big shocker) they are terrible.

Let me know when Romo surpasses Wilson on playoff wins and maybe I'll listen but I doubt I'll have to.
The hawks are in trouble already! You'll need alot of help next week.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       09-09-2013, 3:21 PM Reply   
Also the Cowboys never trailed against a winning team. The Hawks trailed against a Losing team. Just the facts.Next week the Hawks will Lose at home.
Old     (83Starsnstripes)      Join Date: Jul 2013       09-09-2013, 3:58 PM Reply   
^^ I thought we were comparing Wilson and Romo?

But I'll gladly compare the Hawks and Cowboys. How were the playoffs last year? Oh that's right and how many people have picked the Hawks to win the SB?
I'm sure there are a bunch of experts picking the Cowboys to win the SB this year, right? No sorry that was back in the 90's.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       09-09-2013, 6:10 PM Reply   
Quote:
^^ I thought we were comparing Wilson and Romo?

But I'll gladly compare the Hawks and Cowboys. How were the playoffs last year? Oh that's right and how many people have picked the Hawks to win the SB?
I'm sure there are a bunch of experts picking the Cowboys to win the SB this year, right? No sorry that was back in the 90's.
First you have to win next week. Then you have to win enough games to make the playoffs. If you do all that i'll be surprised.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       09-09-2013, 7:47 PM Reply   
Redskins couldn't handle Chip Kelly! I wonder if others will have trouble too? Redskins have Green Bay next week.Looks like they will be starting in the hole.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       09-09-2013, 7:48 PM Reply   
Seattle's D has another dominating performance and the offense did enough to win. The Cowboys picked up a big win although I am not sure everything is as rosy as Dallas fans would like to think. Despite causing 6 turnovers they still gave up 31 points and 450 yards passing. If even one of those turnovers doesn't happen they likely lose. With a normal couple turnover game they would of given up 45+ points.

The biggest difference between the Hawks win and the Dallas win is one was at home and the other was on the road across the entire country. The Dallas win was big from a divisional stand point. Again though, Dallas D still looks horrible and will likely be in the bottom 10 in the NFL in yards given up and points given up.

The NFC West is definitely the best division in the NFL but the NFC East may be the most competitive. All of Washington, Philly, NYG and Dallas are very equal and any of them could win their division.
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       09-09-2013, 8:25 PM Reply   
That Philly O was really fun to watch. That said, Vick took a lot of hits....can he reasonably expect to stay healthy taking that many hits every week?

Random NFL question of the night - How do you think the Raiders & Raider fans feel about drafting JaMarcus Russell at #1 & a spot ahead to Calvin Johnson(IMO the best receiver in the NFL)?
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       09-10-2013, 3:15 AM Reply   
The Raiders are like the Government . They waste tons of money and don't get a thing accomplished.
Old     (83Starsnstripes)      Join Date: Jul 2013       09-10-2013, 7:57 AM Reply   
^^^I can agree with that^^^

Vick's arm looked good! RG3 looked average, I don't think he's 100% yet.

Sunday night Hawks/49ers game will be nuts. Can't wait!!
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       09-10-2013, 8:01 AM Reply   
Quote:
Sunday night Hawks/49ers game will be nuts. Can't wait!!
Sooooo hard to decide who I hate most! I think I want the Hawks to win cuz I got stuck with so many on my fantasy team!
Old     (digg311)      Join Date: Sep 2007       09-10-2013, 8:45 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakeworld View Post
Sooooo hard to decide who I hate most! I think I want the Hawks to win cuz I got stuck with so many on my fantasy team!
Haha. Man, Dave... I wish I had an extra ticket in our section. I almost feel like if you could be there on Sunday night to really feel that energy, you'd almost maybe admit a somewhat slightly smaller amount of hatred for the Hawks by the end of the game.
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       09-10-2013, 9:02 AM Reply   
Fly me up and buy me a ticket and I'll paint myself blue and green!!
Old     (steezyshots)      Join Date: Feb 2008       09-10-2013, 11:11 AM Reply   
Can't wait till this weekend when Kaep and Boldin silence my seahawk fan friends
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       09-10-2013, 6:13 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by steezyshots View Post
Can't wait till this weekend when Kaep and Boldin silence my seahawk fan friends
You can't silence Seahawks fans,they drink the Kool Aid daily.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       09-11-2013, 4:02 PM Reply   
WEEK 2 PICKS

Thursday @8:25

NYJ @ NE - Patriots at home.

Sunday @ 1:00 pm

STL @ATL - Falcons at home.
CLE @ BAL - Ravens at home.
CAR @ BUF - Bills squeak one out.
Min @ Chi - Da Bears
WAS @ GB - Packers rebound with a tough win.
TEN @ HOU - Texans are too tough at home.
Mia @ IND - Colts win, it's my LUCKY pick.LOL
DAL @ KC - Cowboys win a close one on the road.
SD @ PHI - Eagles at home.Chargers are tired from Monday night loss and won't get any rest here.

SUNDAY @ 4:05 PM

DET @ ARI - LIONS ROAR. Suh gets fined again.Suprise!
NO @ TB - Saints are too much for Bucs.

SUNDAY @ 4:25 PM

DEN @ NYG - Not a good week for NYC. Broncos win.
JAC @ OAK - The Raiders win at home finally.

SUNDAY @ 8:30 PM

SF @ SEA - 49ERS show the Seahawks how it's done! Boldin and Kaep shine!

MONDAY @ 8:30

PIT @ CIN - One team gets a win[Bengals]. The other gets a second loss[guess?]
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       09-11-2013, 5:24 PM Reply   
St Louis @ Atlanta - Atlanta
Detroit @ Az - Az

San Fran @ Seattle - Phhhhhttt...
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       09-12-2013, 5:34 AM Reply   
I wonder if Russell Wilson will be a man and honor his bet with Colin Kaepernick? They bet that the loser of this game would have to shave off an eyebrow.If he's anything like the rest of the drug/steroid taking Hawks,he will lie,cheat ,steal and sell his own mom on the street before he would man up.How's that for some smack?
Old     (buffalow)      Join Date: Apr 2002       09-12-2013, 7:19 AM Reply   
I see a strange game that might be a good bet. I could see KC quietly beating Dallas this weekend. The line has moved a bunch already. I could see Dallas coming in and counting this as an easy win, and KC out to prove they can be a decent team. Not saying they are going to be a great team this season, but getting better. Dallas tends to squeak a lot of games out, and they could let this one slip. The line started at zero (normally a home team gives 3 points for starters) and now it is -3 for KC. Normally the Dallas fans drive the line towards their team. Early in the week 88% of the betting public was on dallas and now it is down to 66%. Seems strange since the line has moved towards their favor. I see several potential injuries, but all on KC side which makes it even stranger

I agree with most - 49ers just have so many weapons at this point that they have the upper hand going into seattle even with the crowd.

I think this season comes down to Denver, Seattle, and SF as the power house teams, than it will be who stays healthy.
Old     (buffalow)      Join Date: Apr 2002       09-12-2013, 7:20 AM Reply   
The seattle line has remained at -3 for seattle, which means the betting world sees this as an even match. 73% of the betting public is on Sf getting 3
Old     (digg311)      Join Date: Sep 2007       09-12-2013, 9:08 AM Reply   
My picks.

NYJ @ PATS - The injury-ridden Patriots could actually drop this one... but I don't think they will.
JAGS @ OAK - Raiders win one!! Holy, what!?!
SD @ PHILLY - I don't think the Eagles are the new face of the NFL... but I think they win this one at home.
AMS @ FALCS - Falcons win in a squeaker. HFA.
PANTHERS @ BILLS - Carolina beats the better-than-we-thought Bills
VIKS @ BEARS - Bears are the better squad. AP still gets his though.
CLE @ BALT - Ravens win.
CBOYS @ CHIEFS - Chiefs win... based only on what Buffalow wrote, because I see this as a toss-up.
SKINS @ PACK - Packers come out swingin'.
TITANS @ TEXANS - Texans... easy.
PHINS @ COLTS - Could go either way. Gotta go with the home squad.
LIONS @ CARDS - Tough one. Wanna rep the NFC West... but I think the Lions take it.
SAINTS @ BUCS - Saints.
BRONCOS @ GIANTS - Big brother does work.
9ERS @ HAWKS - Hawks all day.
STEELERS @ BENGALS - Bengals, easy.
Old     (83Starsnstripes)      Join Date: Jul 2013       09-12-2013, 12:27 PM Reply   
"49ers just have too many weapons" ???
what weapons? Oh like guns that 49er fans take to games? That must be what your talking about.
Old     (bass10after)      Join Date: Feb 2010       09-12-2013, 1:04 PM Reply   
Quote:
what weapons? Oh like guns that 49er fans take to games? That must be what your talking about.
like the cannon for an arm kaep takes on the field!
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       09-13-2013, 3:32 AM Reply   
Quote:
The Seahawks are loaded guns too. 12 Whole poins against the LOWLY Panthers.The 49ers exploded against the Packers. Just the facts! Remember your Trophy case is EMPTY! The 49ers have 5 so far.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       09-13-2013, 6:25 AM Reply   
Seahawks put up 12 points against the 23rd team in the power rankings

49ers put up 34 against the 5th team in the power rankings

.... I'm in the 70%+ for the 9ers. I honestly think they are going to win 14+ points. The 49ers will be making a big ol' statement this week.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       09-13-2013, 8:25 AM Reply   
What does power rankings have to do with the defense you went against? The panthers have one of the best front 7's in the league. The packers on the other hand have a constantly overrated defense that seems to always give up points. Also, GB's quick pace of play allows for more plays(for both teams) while Carolina has a very methodical slow approach which =lower plays for both teams.

Now I am not saying that the offense looked great against Carolina as it looked pretty poor in the run game but good in the pass game. Seattle really needs to turn the yardage though into points. They left too many points on the field last week. We can't do that against SF and hope to win.

And I will admit that what Kap/Boldin did against GB was pretty damn impressive.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       09-13-2013, 9:08 AM Reply   
Quote:
What does power rankings have to do with the defense you went against?
Nothing, but it says a lot about the team they're against as a whole.... which, last time I checked, it pretty important in figuring out who might win a game.

....end of the day the fact that Kaep won a shootout against the Packers by pocket passing leads me to believe the 9ers are going to be a force this year.
Old     (supersonicmi)      Join Date: Sep 2005       09-13-2013, 9:43 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwb4me View Post
The Seahawks are loaded guns too. 12 Whole poins against the LOWLY Panthers.The 49ers exploded against the Packers. Just the facts! Remember your Trophy case is EMPTY! The 49ers have 5 so far.
5 so far... you think 5 from ages ago matters? The players they will be drafting in the next couple years weren't even alive last time they won a Superbowl, LOL.
Old    sperbet            09-13-2013, 10:17 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by supersonicmi View Post
5 so far... you think 5 from ages ago matters? The players they will be drafting in the next couple years weren't even alive last time they won a Superbowl, LOL.
5 Superbowls from ages ago >>>>>>>>>> NO SUPERBOWLS EVER.

Just sayin...
Old     (supersonicmi)      Join Date: Sep 2005       09-13-2013, 10:32 AM Reply   
I guess it matters if you are living your life in the past.
Old     (83Starsnstripes)      Join Date: Jul 2013       09-13-2013, 11:00 AM Reply   
Hawks are a 2.5 point favorite to win Sunday. I'll take Vegas' opinion over "Power Rankings" everyday of the week.

I'm really hoping that Colin thinks he can throw on the Hawks like he did against GB. Wonder if Vernon Davis is still hearing footsteps?

BTW I love that this game is over shadowing the Manning bowl.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       09-13-2013, 5:30 PM Reply   
Quote:
I guess it matters if you are living your life in the past.
I guess it's better than having NO LIFE? Like no Super Bowl wins Ever ! That's 0 for ever! just the facts!,,
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-13-2013, 7:42 PM Reply   
Can't wait to watch the Hawks stomp a mud hole in those bitch azz Whiners.
Old     (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       09-13-2013, 9:34 PM Reply   
I am so looking forward to a great game on Sunday night between the 49ers and Seahawks. I hope for an honest tough competition but when thugary shows up I hoping for tie in that department.In total, the game should be epic. Two great teams. Two great coaches. Two great QBs. Two excellent offenses and defenses. Seattle has home team advantage while San Francisco has the revenge advantage. All this on Sunday night. Anyone who gives a hoot about football should be watching! What a great way to cap off this weekend!
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       09-14-2013, 5:51 AM Reply   
All I know is the SHE-HAWKS are 1-3 over the last 4 meetings.They looked flat last week and the 49ers looked sharp.Let the games begin!
Old     (supersonicmi)      Join Date: Sep 2005       09-14-2013, 7:53 AM Reply   
Quote:
I guess it's better than having NO LIFE? Like no Super Bowl wins Ever ! That's 0 for ever! just the facts!,,
You keep repeating the same "facts"... it's kinda like a fat ugly chic talking about how she was skinny and hot back in the 80's, sure that's all good and all, but it means nothing now...
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       09-14-2013, 10:15 AM Reply   
Quote:
You keep repeating the same "facts"... it's kinda like a fat ugly chic talking about how she was skinny and hot back in the 80's, sure that's all good and all, but it means nothing now...
Kind of like Seattle fans saying they are going to win the division and the Super Bowl every year! It means nothing because it Never happens.
Old     (supersonicmi)      Join Date: Sep 2005       09-14-2013, 9:56 PM Reply   
Quote:
Kind of like Seattle fans saying they are going to win the division and the Super Bowl every year! It means nothing because it Never happens.
one case is forward looking, the other is backward looking... inherently not the same at all.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       09-15-2013, 3:03 AM Reply   
Quote:
one case is forward looking, the other is backward looking... inherently not the same at all.
No your wrong. One case is fact,the other case is fiction. Keep on dreaming.
Old     (supersonicmi)      Join Date: Sep 2005       09-15-2013, 8:24 AM Reply   
Either way you just proved my point that they are not the same.... get your story straight, lol.