Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through September 24, 2009

Old     (dwday)      Join Date: Dec 2008       09-18-2009, 12:50 PM Reply   
Just caught up on which board would best suit my style. I love both boards. I'm mainly only charging the wake but I want to get over to wakenation quite a bit next summer. So I want a board that does well on the obstacles. Is there a difference in pop and consistency?? Im mainly looking at the '09s, or is it worth going for the '10s
Old     (kristian)      Join Date: Nov 2002       09-18-2009, 3:36 PM Reply   
Have you demoed either of them?

I would highly suggest getting the 2010 models especially if you're going to hit obstacles with them. With the new construction, krypto cable and the sintered base option it would be much more ideal and durable for any cable use.

The 2010 Ibex is a big stable platform getting most of is pop from surface area. It's pretty quick and holds a really strong edge. With its almost featureless bottom it does feel great on sliders and you can press the hell out of it.

The 2010 One, the same mold as the 2009 but with the new and way better construction is more of a "surfery" feel, carving from edge to edge is ease. It does have a 3-stage rocker but not a crazy one. It has a great consistent lift off the wake. It does slide well and you can press it pretty well but I would really suggest you get the sintered version to protect the little molded fins.

What boards have you ridden in the past? and what did/didn't you like about them? What are your favorite things to do when you ride?

I personally have been riding the Ibex for 2 years and am switching to the 2010 Bill which is amazing!! and I'll suggest for anyones riding style.

(Message edited by kristian on September 18, 2009)
Old     (dwday)      Join Date: Dec 2008       09-18-2009, 4:18 PM Reply   
Great feedback, Thanks for that.

I ride a pretty low level liquid force board from 07. Im the only serious boarder on my tiny lake and haven't gotten around an opportunity to demo many boards. Im pretty much only hitting basic inverts and spins. Look to advance and need a board to do it on.

I did find a great deal on the 09's at tcwake for 50% off. Which would really help out.
Old     (kristian)      Join Date: Nov 2002       09-18-2009, 4:21 PM Reply   
If you go 2009 I'd say the One is probably your better bet to progress on. The 2009 Ibex is pretty aggressive compared to its 2010 counterpart.
Old     (dwday)      Join Date: Dec 2008       09-18-2009, 4:29 PM Reply   
So if I do go hit a kicker am I going to be out a board? Or is a luck of the draw thing, whether it be ok or not?
Old     (kristian)      Join Date: Nov 2002       09-18-2009, 5:37 PM Reply   
No matter what hitting obstacles will damage your board over time. My experiences of the 2009 One is that it held up for quite some time, but I hit rails every day if you only hit them on occasion of course it'll last longer.
Getting the newer sintered base model will make it last a lot longer though.