Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through June 08, 2008

Old     (jay_g)      Join Date: Apr 2006       05-12-2008, 10:35 AM Reply   
Was just wondering.....Seems like when I take the boat out if I manually thrown on the bildge pump I get between 1-2 gallons and then when I pull the rear plug and put it on an angle I get another 1-2. And this is on a day with no sack's or swimming. Just crusing. Does this seem like a lot or possible leak?
Old     (helinut)      Join Date: Apr 2007       05-12-2008, 10:37 AM Reply   
Doesn't seem like too much. I pull the mid plug and maybe get 1-2 gallons at the most. Never pulled the rear plug.
Old     (waterfreak)      Join Date: Jul 2007       05-12-2008, 10:58 AM Reply   
Everything is completely dry in mine at the end of the day. The area around the plug is not even wet. If I am in and out of water a lot and wakeboarding then I get some water in but only minimal.
It sounds like a small leak to me.
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       05-12-2008, 11:01 AM Reply   
Mine is normally dry too, sometimes there is water if we dump some from manually filling the ballast but it's normally dry.
Old     (nautiquesonly)      Join Date: Sep 2007       05-12-2008, 11:02 AM Reply   
Do you have a dripless packing gland? If not you may be out of adjustment and you are dripping faster than normal. I would check that first. How old is your boat? My old 210 ballast lines would leak some water in sometimes if I left the hull valve open even when not using the ballast.
Old     (westsiderippa)      Join Date: Dec 2006       05-12-2008, 11:12 AM Reply   
i will second the packing needs to be adjusted.
Old     (razzman)      Join Date: Dec 2006       05-12-2008, 11:34 AM Reply   
Jay i just had this very issue on my '07 Mobius LSV the last two times out since purchase. It seemed like a lot of water was in the bilge and as the '07 Moombas have dripless packing glands i was wondering were it was coming from. While checking the oil the other day i noticed water was dripping at the rate of almost two drips a second from a connection at a hose that came off of the port side exhaust manifold. The hose had a connection that looked exactly like a male/female garden hose connected together and it goes towards the bow. I'm guessing it's for the heater but i've yet to check. Anyway it was real loose so i tightened it up and hardly any water the rest of the day in the bilge, what was there was from the cooler i believe.
Old     (migs)      Join Date: Aug 2006 Location: SF Bay Area       05-12-2008, 11:43 AM Reply   
0 - havent had any water in my bilge area in 200 hours.
Old     (jay_g)      Join Date: Apr 2006       05-12-2008, 11:43 AM Reply   
Thanks for the info. I dont have a heater though I think Im going to pull out all the bags dry out the inside of the boat and take her to the lake and look everywhere. I dont think I got to the point where the bildge turned on but it seems like a lot to me.....
Old     (nauty)      Join Date: Feb 2004       05-12-2008, 11:51 AM Reply   
Razzman - the garden hose connection comuing off of the manifold is the quick drain for the manifolds that allow you to drain the manifolds for winterizing. It's very possible that they didn't get tightened back up good enough.
Old     (razzman)      Join Date: Dec 2006       05-12-2008, 12:29 PM Reply   
Thanks Richard for the clarification, makes sense, this is the first Vdrive i've owned, all the others were older DD's so i'm unfamiliar with some stuff. It goes back this week for some minor fixes so i'm going to have them go over everything.
Old     (liquidlite)      Join Date: Sep 2007       05-12-2008, 6:06 PM Reply   
my 07 mobius has the same problem....bilge triggers a couple times a run....there's no structural damage cuz it sits still in the water and remains dry...its leaking somewhere while running
Old     (h20jnky)      Join Date: Mar 2003       05-12-2008, 6:43 PM Reply   
if it is equipped with a hot/cold shower assembly check (all) connections to make sure they are tight on the block, as they are a very common source of (excessive) bilge water (if not tight) when boat is running..
Old     (jay_g)      Join Date: Apr 2006       05-18-2008, 7:18 PM Reply   
So I found the leak today. Its the Master ballast pump right above the hole in the hull. I couldn't tell if it was the fitting or the pump itself due to the angle. I turned off the main copper hard valve before the pump and it stopped. Guess it will be fixed at my 20 hour service
Old     (trdon)      Join Date: Sep 2007       05-19-2008, 7:34 AM Reply   
Suprised no one asked if you have tightened up the prop shaft seal yet? When mine wasnt tight, I got about 3 or 4 gal in the bilge at the end of the day. I tightened it up and am suprised if I see a gallon.
Old     (jay_g)      Join Date: Apr 2006       05-19-2008, 9:38 AM Reply   
I have a dripless seal. I didnt see any water comming in from it
Old     (helinut)      Join Date: Apr 2007       05-19-2008, 1:30 PM Reply   
Well I finally got out for 6 hours on Saturday. I guess my shop loves a loose nut on the shaft... Freakin bunches of water in there after that day. Oh well... that's why they put a bilge pump in :-)
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       05-19-2008, 2:22 PM Reply   
hopefully less than this
Upload