Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through November 07, 2006

Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       04-01-2006, 4:25 AM Reply   
Kelly,

Welcome to the group. Too bad you're not here in NJ, we need more ladies June 3rd to balance things out! Should be a great day on the water.
Old     (njladydriver)      Join Date: Nov 2002       04-01-2006, 8:45 AM Reply   
Oh gosh...am I lost, or is our thread really growing!! Welcome all you newcomers! Kevin, Justin, Jim, oh my I'm scared!!! Where's the TCC crew??
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       04-01-2006, 10:16 AM Reply   
WHAT'S UP DOREEN? Hows the Queen of the TCC crew doing. I finally finished our 16' by 37' addition on our house last week. It took 10 months and alot of muscle aches but it came out great. I think I forgot what a pain it was, cause today I started gutting our main bathroom. This should take about 2 or 3 weeks then onto our kitchen. I don't know how I get talked into this projects. We also are looking into putting in a above ground pool next month. So a new boat for me is out of the question. I'm stuck with what a have. So if I want a pull behind a real boat I'll have to bum a rider from you,KG or Dave. I can't wait for the summer so I can come down and see you all.
Old     (newmy79)      Join Date: Jun 2005       04-01-2006, 1:20 PM Reply   
Welcome everyone!! It's really exciting to see all the action and newcomers on the thread. This June 3rd event should be awesome.

Hi Doreen!! I am checking in to show TCC representation. How are you? Looking forward to next Sunday?? I can't wait to see them get in the water. Brrrrr

Jim, sounds like you've been very busy...

...speaking of busy, Justin has been hard at work on creating the site. So far he is doing an awesome job...I'm impressed. He's very dedicated to this, and I'm sure it will show.

Can't wait to see everyone April 9th!!
Old     (michelelef)      Join Date: Aug 2005       04-01-2006, 1:27 PM Reply   
Sorry guys!

Dave, I seem to have the same problem...I forgot to change my user ID....that last post wasn't Justin...It was me...OOPS...
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       04-01-2006, 4:45 PM Reply   
Jim, your home improvements will pay great dividends in the future.......boats only depreciate. Besides, you're welcome to a pull behind the MC anytime.

Doreen, looking forward to seeing you, Alex and Connor next sunday. (Along with everyone else, of course)
Old     (kickasskel)      Join Date: Jun 2004       04-01-2006, 5:44 PM Reply   
Ok...question from a newbie.
Any idea when people are going to start getting together on the June 3 weekend?
I know I live a little off your radar, but I'm dying to meet some people who actually know what the sport is, and I guess I could use a weekend off. If I can work out a schedule, I might consider picking myself up all the way over there~
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       04-02-2006, 5:39 AM Reply   
Kelly,

That's great, come on down!
Most of us are meeting at 10am, although if some want to start earlier around 8am I'm okay with that too.
The ramp in on Lamberton Rd. in Trenton, just south of the city. I'll try to get you the exact address so you can mapquest-it.
If you look back to March 7th on this thread, there is a long list of hotels nearby.
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       04-02-2006, 5:49 AM Reply   
Here's the address for the ramp:

1595 Lamberton Road
Trenton, NJ

Very easy to get to, 2 miles off route 295. It's not far from the NJ turnpike (about 20-25 mins.)
Old     (eustace)      Join Date: Nov 2002       04-02-2006, 11:32 AM Reply   
Ok after a week in the warm sun and much reflection, the official name for our June 3rd gather is “ Jersey Riders East – West Wakefest “ } First annual of course.

This is great to see so many new people joining in on this thread, Very Cool! As Dave mentioned the start time for June 3rd is 10am, I figure this will give most of you Traveling with in the Tri-state ample time to get there. Looks like Dave and some of the other will head out a bit earlier but I will hang back to make sure everyone gets in ok and hopefully answer and questions.

One of the goals for next weeks meeting (April 9th, 12 noon at Katmandu) is to find out exactly how many boats we have coming and how many riders there are. I have a pretty good idea of the boats coming but I need to start lining up some of you with out boats with rides. Could you all Please shoot me an e-mail and let me know what your intentions are Boat! No Boat! How many? Willing to take singles? Etc. avw8699@yahoo.com

Best regards, Brian

PS- Woody, George, Elo you guys still with us?
Old     (kickasskel)      Join Date: Jun 2004       04-02-2006, 11:53 AM Reply   
Thanks Dave!
I just need to figure out if I can get the Friday off. If not, I'll have drive down either super late Friday or super early Sat.
Either way, I'll try my best!
Old     (wakescene)      Join Date: Feb 2001       04-02-2006, 7:53 PM Reply   
Oh boy Oh boy Oh boy...the sickenss Alex's box had is gone, a little TCL and we now have a shiney new finish! For those that are new here, I have been building Alex a Tower Speaker Box we aptly name "The Blast Master 5000"! The install is slated for a few weeks from now...

"Jersey Riders East – West Wakefest" Sweet!
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       04-03-2006, 5:40 AM Reply   
Kelley, Your welcome, anything to help.
BTW, you can't go wrong staying at any of the hotel "chains" in the area. (Red roof, Macintosh, Mariott, etc.)
Brian, do we have any idea how many are coming this sunday at Katmandu? Do we meet in the bar area?
Old     (gpalovcak)      Join Date: May 2003       04-03-2006, 6:07 AM Reply   
Brian, I am still checking in to see what's going on. Looking forward to the June 3rd fest. I just hope the weather gets good soon so I can get some riding in. I am going to Orlando Thursday and Friday for work and get to drive by the Orlando Watersport park and not get to try it. We have been big into the Motocross riding so alot of my time is involved in that.
Old     (rider)      Join Date: Mar 2006       04-03-2006, 8:51 AM Reply   
Hoping some of you can help me out. I see that a few of you have the boards I'm looking at. Can you tell me how you like the Hyperlite 3DS, Liquid Force Balance and Omega. Thanks.
Old     (holiday13)      Join Date: Mar 2006       04-03-2006, 10:18 AM Reply   
Justin, I have the Valhalla and love it, for what it is worth, crazy stable with the crook fins in, but without them the board was a lot faster! I like it, gonna ride it for a second season for sure!
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       04-03-2006, 10:23 AM Reply   
This morning I had to go drive up north and for the first time saw trenton thunder stadium. I wasn't impressed with the trash all around the water.And the water didn't look to hot either. I hope it looks better up close than it did from my truck.
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       04-03-2006, 11:02 AM Reply   
Jim, there may be extra debris from the rain on saturday. We didn't get much rain here, but if they got more up north, it all comes downstream.
Most boards ride right over that stuff anyway!
Old     (newmy79)      Join Date: Jun 2005       04-03-2006, 6:30 PM Reply   
Man, everytime I check this thread someone new has wandered over here to check in! How awesome is that? Even though we don't have as many "quality" places to ride like Cali, FL, or TX, I'll tell you what this group has really come together and we have a great time no matter what! And our riding spots work just fine!

I am so stoked about this season!

Michele and I will be @ Katmandu this Sunday, even though the weather isn't looking too hot. Nice and sunny, but only 51 degrees. Maybe that will change as the week moves on. All I know is I'll be there for the ride, with no full suit/dry suit there's no way I'm getting in that freezing cold water. I don't think I even would with those items. Still, I'm looking forward to getting together with everyone.

As far as the site goes, I worked on the homepage a little over the weekend, got the template down and started to fiddle with some options. I'll most likely change things over and over but it will eventually come to fruition.

And Jim, don't let your first impression sway you. Come June 3rd that river will be clear of anything (unless it rains before) and will be glass in some spots we'll be riding. Trust us river riders.

Lastly, does anyone happen to own "The Book"? I'd like to borrow it to burn onto DVD. Let me know if you have it and wouldn't mind me copying it. Thanks.
Old     (bwood)      Join Date: Jul 2003       04-04-2006, 2:43 AM Reply   
I'm still here Brian, I've been getting the boat ready for the water. I'm shooting for the weekend of the 15th, As long as the water is over 60 I'll go in with my full suit.
Old     (eustace)      Join Date: Nov 2002       04-04-2006, 7:40 AM Reply   
Dave, yes let’s meet in the Katmandu bar at 12. As far as this Sunday is concerned , confirmed Me, Dave, Justin & Michele, Alex & Doreen (I’m pretty sure Alex said he was a go), Jim says he cannot make it, and I have not heard one way or the other for the rest.

Justin H, I have a 3DS. I picked it up at the end of last season and never got a chance to ride it yet. You are more then welcome to give it a try when we get together.

George , Woody great to hear from you guys and thanks to all the other who have gotten back to me.

PS- Justin N, you still up for playing a little golf this spring?
Old     (matrix732)      Join Date: Nov 2005       04-04-2006, 9:28 AM Reply   
Hey Gang,

I just spoke to my brother who is with the State Police Marine Bureau...he told me that if you already have a boating certification from the past you do not have to take another test. You will be grandfathered in come spring.
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       04-04-2006, 12:55 PM Reply   
Russ & Alex,

Are you guys still bringing your drysuits this sunday? Still glad to give you a pull if you're up for it. Anyone else daring enough?
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       04-04-2006, 5:32 PM Reply   
Not in that dirty water.
Old     (jeffcanary62)      Join Date: Apr 2003       04-04-2006, 5:59 PM Reply   
wow i mostly post on "that other site" but after reading this thread I had to join the party.Im from long island but am glad to hear theres so many riders so close by. June 3ed wakefest sounds like the place to be and if theres room for a longislander id love to come down and ride with you guys.
Old     (newmy79)      Join Date: Jun 2005       04-04-2006, 6:29 PM Reply   
jeff there's going to be plenty of boats, great group of friendly people, and you wouldn't be the only one making a trip to the event! come on down!

Eustace, I am def. down for golf! I've already been thinking about it the last couple of weekends.
Old     (eustace)      Join Date: Nov 2002       04-04-2006, 6:31 PM Reply   
Come on Jim, stop being so dramatic……. You just have to remember 2 things when you fall in the river,,, Mouth shut / Butt clenched..

Peace.

Jeff, good to hear from you, this weekend we should have a better idea of how many open spots we will have for the 3rd.
Old     (njladydriver)      Join Date: Nov 2002       04-04-2006, 6:51 PM Reply   
OK, taking notes for Sunday:
1 - Make sure Connor keeps mouth closed when he falls.
Hi Gang! Last Alex and I spoke about it, both him and Connor will take the dry suits just in case the lovely river water looks enticing enough to
jump in.
"Jersey Riders East–West Wakefest", gotta love it!

Justin, who's in the picture about 60 posts up? Is that a TCC rider?

Can't wait to see everyone on Sunday, when and what time is the meeting place again?
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       04-04-2006, 7:56 PM Reply   
More than a social gathering, more than an eatfest, and more than an early season wake sesh, I thought this
Sunday was planned to primarily be a day to reconnoiter for the June 3rd event location. Is this still
the case? Once gathered at Katmandu, is there any sort of intinerary? I don't even know where Katmandu is!
I've been thinking about bringing my gear and my dry suit just in case, but I think doing the leg work to finalize
the June 3rd location should be my main reason for being there. Unless the location has already been decided
upon, of course. Have you guys already picked a spot? Weren't there several in the running? Katmandu, a Bordentown
ramp, Pops Lef suggested The Trenton Thunder stadium lot and ramp, and I think JB was going to look into a
secret spot on The Rancocas River. Brian? Dave? JB? Pops Lef? What's the plan men? Is there a plan??

I know, I know, I really haven't been posting much lately. I've been reading daily, but I just haven't felt
like I've had anything relevant/interesting to post. I've spent the last few weekend laboring in 60 Sylvia's
backyard. I dug-up a big part of the yard along the bulkhead and relined the inside with 2 x 10, treated,
tongue-and-grove bulkhead wood. I bought 8' lengths and cut them in half. Thus, I had to dig down at least
3½' down and a couple feet out and then bang them down the rest of the way with a 16lb sledge hammer.
Ever swing a 16lb sledge? It's like a bowling ball on the end of a 3' handle. Wicked. Before digging I
pulled-back the stones, after the bulkhead work I spread 1600lbs of new top soil (carried back there one
40lb bag at a time), I covered the new earth with weed guard and then I pushed the stones back. It was
a big, messy job, but right now you'd never know it happened. Here's a picture of me motivating Doreen's sons
Ryan and Connor to work their shovels.
Upload
I still have to power wash the entire dock, and I have to do that before the boat goes in, otherwise I
end-up blowing all the dock crust all over the Super Air!

On another note, The Blast Master 5000 installation party at 60 Sylvia is very tentatively
planned for Saturday the 15th. You may want to mark this date on you calendar and come see KG go at the
Super Air with a screw gun, a soldering iron and hot glue!

Finally, it's great to see all the new people checking-in. Cole even made a brief appearance! I really think
2006 is going to be a GREAT wakeboarding season. 609TCC baby!
Old     (kickasskel)      Join Date: Jun 2004       04-05-2006, 1:55 AM Reply   
In the spirit of trying to get some more ladies out in the water, AND putting my feet in some actual water that's not in my bathtub,
I'll be joining everyone on the June 3rd weekend. Still have room for me to squeeze in?
I don't know how in the world I'm going to get there or when but I'll be there.
Now I'm all excited!!!
Old     (grimlock)      Join Date: Apr 2005       04-05-2006, 8:29 AM Reply   
Ya Dave I'm still planning on bringing my drysuit. What ramp do you want me to meet you guys at, as I won't be able to be there until around 1pm ish. Give me a call when you get a chance. 215-219-4738
Old     (wakescene)      Join Date: Feb 2001       04-05-2006, 12:55 PM Reply   
This is my tool of choice!

Upload
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       04-05-2006, 3:35 PM Reply   
Alex & Doreen,

To answer some questions about this sunday:

Meeting at Katmandu (route 29 in Trenton, just south of the Thunder stadium) at noon in the bar area.
(Eustace, correct me if any of this is wrong)

From there (after lunch) we could show everyone where the boat launch is (Trenton.) I feel this would be the best ramp to use for June 3rd.
The ramp is located about 1 mile south of Thunder stadium.....there is NO RAMP AT Thunder stadium, just a floating dock. I believe that dock can be used for boaters wanting to go to Katmandu.

From there, we (I) could show everyone a nice section of the river where we ride. (There is a scenic overlook off I-295)

From there, we could head south to Curtin's Wharf so people could check that out, good riverside deck/restaurant with boat docks. It will be closed right now, but at least you could see what it's like.

After that, I'll drop the boat in for anyone that wants a pull or wants to see the river by boat.

Sound good?
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       04-06-2006, 12:10 AM Reply   
Kelly Lee you could always take a greyhound bus into Jersey or a train into Philly. There are plenty of reasonable hotels in the area and if need be I could give you a ride to the ramp if you wound up staying at a south jersey hotel. Just some ideas.
Old     (summerryder)      Join Date: Apr 2004       04-06-2006, 4:36 AM Reply   
Hey Crew,

I'd like to be in on the expedition on Saturday, so I'll need to find out where Katmandu is.

And as far as a gameplan, here are some suggestions of what we should be looking for. Again, the spirit of the Jersey Riders East-West Wakefest (love the name, Doreen!) is about getting our regional wake riders together, so as long as the water is there (and the boats, too) we have everything we need! But here are some ways to put the icing on our long baked wakefest cake:

-- Plenty of parking. It will be good to all gather and leave from the same place. Also, we can set up our own Wakefest tailgating area which could also act as home base if we don't use a resturant or beach area on the river.

-- Bathrooms close by.

-- Gas station and market.

-- Good riding spots close by. Try to keep our riding area within 10-15 minutes of our ultimate home base. IF we set-up a beach area, this will be easy.

Here are items that will be of good use to use for our set-up area. If you have any of these items and can bring it/them to the party:

-- easy-up tents. Shade is always good.
-- a generator. Music for our home base, power for the blender for the margharita's, oh, eletricity has so many applications!

Obviously we'll all be bringing food and berevages, so coolers should also be planned for. That will be a late May decision on who will bring what.

A grill might be nice.

BEER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you can think of some other necessities, please post them before our recon crew heads out this Saturday.

We're under two months, people!

Old     (eustace)      Join Date: Nov 2002       04-06-2006, 7:28 AM Reply   
Here is a link to Katmandu click on directions: http://www.katmandutrenton.com/

Thanks Dave.

If you refer to my post back on March 2nd you will find it echoes a similar sentiment.

IMO the Trenton ramp is the best gathering point for the 3rd. Its easily accessible, ramp condition is good, has lots of parking, close to good riding locations, and its FREE. Out of courtesy I wanted to give each of you who are towing to this event to get chance to look at the area and then seek consensus.

The docks behind the Thunder stadium are beautiful but useless. They have no attendants and it’s a pretty good walk to get to Katmandu from them, but we can get more into that on Sunday.

Looking forward to seeing you all on Sunday, BW

(Message edited by eustace on April 06, 2006)
Old     (wakecis)      Join Date: Jun 2005       04-06-2006, 11:23 AM Reply   
my 2 cents....

the event in june sounds great. the ramp at trenton is a good utility ramp (free) but only has a cement parking lot to hang out in.

there is another ramp down the river (1/2 mile) i think in bordentown (that may not be the name). costs money to launch, but everybody can launch at trenton for free. the NJ transit riverline goes directly there (literally - no car needed)

the bordentown ramp has a big (huge) gravel parking lot were people can hang out, there may be some grass areas around. you coudl probably swing a BBQ there (don't know about permits)

FYI....the water is normally really nice there, very deep in the channel (big wakes) and flat water. HOWEVER.....both ramps are extremely tidal....don't think your dropping a boat at low tide. everybody has to coordinate their boat launching with the tides, although we can ride at any tide.

actually, at low tide there is a huge sandbar exposed that people can hang out on, party, and get a front row seat of the riding.

looking forward to it,
Charles
Old     (bwood)      Join Date: Jul 2003       04-06-2006, 3:21 PM Reply   
I think Charles hit the nail on the head. The only thing he left out is that the Bordentown ramp has a picnic area with grills.

Also... the Trenton ramp gets crazy on weekends, because it's free. The Bordentown ramp is not nearly that bad because you pay(10 dollars for a one day pass).
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       04-06-2006, 5:19 PM Reply   
If I could put in my $.02 (again), the Trenton ramp won't be too crowded at 10am, gets worse later. They do have a few picnic tables, but the boats would have to be at anchor. Trenton is easier to find than Bordentown for the out-of-towners. Oh, and I've used that ramp at low tide and it's no problem at all.

Maybe Bordentown could be used as the "picnic spot", since there are tables and grills. The sandbar would be ideal, at low tide only however.

There is also a beach-like area just south of the cove, I see people there all the time cooking out, etc. We'll have to check all this out on sunday. (That's this sunday, JB, not saturday!)

See you all at Katmandu this SUNDAY AT NOON!
Old     (harlemice)      Join Date: Jul 2005       04-06-2006, 8:55 PM Reply   
Justin- I did get those pics, I tried to attach them, but they are too big, and I can't figure out how to shrink them. They aren't amazing, but if you want I can send them to your email or something, let me know
Old     (kickasskel)      Join Date: Jun 2004       04-06-2006, 9:39 PM Reply   
Jim,

Thanks for the tip. I was actually looking for a greyhound bus but it's funny they don't have Trenton listed as one of there stops in NJ on their website, even when there's supposed to be one at Trenton Station. Anyone know if greyhound stops there?

Old     (luke_d)      Join Date: Mar 2006       04-06-2006, 9:42 PM Reply   
Gday new jersey riders

I am an aussie but i am going to be working at a summercamp in new york state as a head wakeboard/waterski instructor. was just wondering if any one rides in the new york area. hopefully i will get to check out a few of your local rideing spots on my days off
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       04-06-2006, 9:58 PM Reply   
Hey Kelly, If not you can always take a greyhound bus to the Mount Laurel stop which is 10 minutes from me then I could pick you up there. Then it would take us about 23 minutes to the ramp. The bus station is actually 1 mile from where I need to go to get on RT. 295.
Old     (wakescene)      Join Date: Feb 2001       04-06-2006, 10:43 PM Reply   
Luke, what town is the camp in?
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       04-07-2006, 5:22 AM Reply   
Kelly,

Your best bet is to take the train from Boston. The northeast corridor line goes right through NJ, get off at the HAMILTON, NJ station, you're 10 minutes from the boat ramp.
Check www.njtransit.com
Old     (zuka666)      Join Date: Aug 2005       04-07-2006, 12:56 PM Reply   
Hi folks, 3 incld. myself will be coming down for the big show...57 day's to go!
Old     (newmy79)      Join Date: Jun 2005       04-07-2006, 1:13 PM Reply   
oh man i can't bear the excitement!

alex, i really wish you would have just called me and asked for help!!! it would have been a lot easier with 4 instead of 3..stubborn

JB, remember it's this SUNDAY, not SATURDAY. Alex, I don't have JB's ph# stored in this phone, can you give him a call and let him know he's got the wrong day?

kelly, check the link dave gave you. you'll first have to figure out what method of transp. you're taking, what day you'll be there & time, and from there we can work out getting you to the event without too much hassle.

dave, can you email me your cell#? i don't think i got it in allentown that day.

Old     (newmy79)      Join Date: Jun 2005       04-07-2006, 1:50 PM Reply   
oh an doreen, that hoochie glide pic i took from WW, someone posted it because I requested that trick. I just love that trick, there's just something about it (and the OHH-Other Hand Hoochie). I don't know who it is.

I hope to be able to do this someday!
Old     (wakescene)      Join Date: Feb 2001       04-07-2006, 3:10 PM Reply   
We need a graphic for this event...I suggest we start posting our ideas for graphics and see what happens. Graphics lead to shirts & stickers!
Old     (zuka666)      Join Date: Aug 2005       04-07-2006, 6:34 PM Reply   
Do we really need a graphic?

popjpeg{314771,Upload}

Hey my friends,
If this isn't the back drop for the New Jersy / England thread...I don't know what would be...!! Let's get in the water tomorrow
Old     (zuka666)      Join Date: Aug 2005       04-07-2006, 6:38 PM Reply   
Popjpej?/ what the hell is that!
Old     (zuka666)      Join Date: Aug 2005       04-07-2006, 7:36 PM Reply   
"We need a graphic for this event"? Check the pic Jim posted as follows,...2nd one down!!

By Jim (jim_b) on Sunday, February 12, 2006 - 8:52 am:
"Sorry everyone but I refuse to wait until your June 3rd get together to board. "

My thoughts:
On the front of the tee:
Printed in icy blue cold flamed lettering, "N.East Coast" in curved lettering (Rainbow style)

On the back of the tee, the picture of Jim - "siloette style", truck and all.

In quotes at the bottom of back picture, "Sorry everyone but I refuse to wait until your June 3rd get together" (Everything in Black and Gray wash)! --Jeff

I'd by it for a $25...

P.S. Siloette is spelled wrong so check the dictionary!
Old     (grimlock)      Join Date: Apr 2005       04-07-2006, 7:46 PM Reply   
Jeff and Kelly, you guys should hook up and drive down together, since your both from the MA area. Plus if you guys need a place to crash, i'll be in my house by then, it will be a little trashed, but it's a free place to drop your head, and it's just a little past trenton straight down the 95. Call me if interested 215-219-4738
Old     (zuka666)      Join Date: Aug 2005       04-07-2006, 7:47 PM Reply   
That's flame lettering and not flamed lettering -just to keep the record straight!
Old     (zuka666)      Join Date: Aug 2005       04-07-2006, 7:49 PM Reply   
Car 456 where you?
Old     (zuka666)      Join Date: Aug 2005       04-07-2006, 7:50 PM Reply   
Car 456 where are you?
Old     (zuka666)      Join Date: Aug 2005       04-07-2006, 8:00 PM Reply   
Russ,
Slowly but surely are we building a relationship'. Online s#!T, dangerous!!, Remember!!, Who's watchin!
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       04-07-2006, 8:57 PM Reply   
1. Justin: Yes, I know you would have helped dig, but for the most part I just attacked it myself.
Ryan and Connor helped one day, but except for the day we went to SOS, I worked on it all day long for about
three straight weekends. I even got a sunburn last weekend! If you really want to labor, I have a
boat bottom that needs a coat of paint.

2. I just happened to speak to JB earlier today and he did indeed get his days a little mixed. He'd like to
be there for the Sunday fact finding mission, but his Sunday plans are already in place. If he can spontaneously
peel-off an hour or two for us he'll give us a call.

3. Well, it's official. Pops Lef has decided to pimp-out the Invader with the tower and board racks off
of my Sport-Craft. There's even talk of bringing the Invader (henceforth The Super Air Antique!)to 60 Sylvia
for the BM5k install party so the tower can come off the ol' C-Eagle and go right onto the SAA. This way if
any holes need to be hacked through the gunwales KG will already be there with a sawzall in one hand and a
hammer in the other. Justin could help with the tower break-down and set up too, but he'll be painting.

4. I spoke with Ronn S. today because I'd like Sidewayz to somehow have a presence at our June 3rd gathering,
even if it's just a banner tied to a canopy. Ronn liked the idea and said as the date draws nearer we'll
figure something out. It's sort of hard to explain, but Ronn, Sidewayz and the whole Sidewayz crew
are important to me. Ronn also suggested that I write something "funny" about our event and he'll post
it on www.sidewayz.com Prettycool, huh? Once I get that done (probably next week)and once it's up on the
site I'll post the link. But Ronn said he wants it to be funny. Hmmmm

5. Coming down with a crew, huh Jeffrey? Cool! But can you read a map better than you can upload pictures?
6. Hey Luke. When you get settled-in in New York give us a ring and we'll see what we can put together.
7. You can get here Kelly Lee, I have faith in your resolve. If you need help with anything, email me.
8. Cole! What's up man. Are you going to make it to Turtle Cove this summer? You missed the two big Turtle Cove
gatherings last year. Unlike in that shady Avalon, no one in Turtle Cove is going to clip your sneakers!
(calm down KG. Avalon's not shady. I was just working on being "funny")
9. Hey Charles! It's good to see you checking-in every once in a while. I'm glad to see you're up for June 3 too.
10. Gavin, Justin H, Jeff G, Brenden, glad to see you posting.

11. Oh man. Is this post still going? Ok, Sunday noon at Katmandu. I called there directly for directions
and i told the girl with whom I was speaking that there's going to be a "crew" of us coming in there
around noon this Sunday. She said it gets busy on Sundays and if we're going be a large party of ten or
twelve people we really should make a reservation. So if anyone wants to do a rough count and
make a reservation, you can count "in" Doreen, Connor and me. Whether or not I'm bringing my gear, well,
I still haven't decided. We'll see what happens.
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       04-08-2006, 5:43 AM Reply   
Alex, Rain today but sunny for sunday....bring your gear!

Eustace, do you want to call Katmandu and give them a "heads-up" that we have a group coming, or should we just wing-it? I have no idea how many, count us in for 4. Here's the list so far:
Alex, Doreen, Connor
Dave, Laura, Kyle, Taylor
Jim (and family?)
Justin, Michele, pops Lef?
KG, Karen
Eustace
George and family?
Russ
Woody (and his crew?)

Sorry if I forgot anyone. Looks like it could be as many as 25! Or as few as 16.
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       04-08-2006, 5:45 AM Reply   
Oops, forgot JB, if he can make it.
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       04-08-2006, 6:05 AM Reply   
I'm pretty sure neither JB, KG nor Karen will be at Katmandu on Sunday.
Old     (eustace)      Join Date: Nov 2002       04-08-2006, 8:15 AM Reply   
Hey Gang, We are all set for tomorrow. I made a reservation at 12 under the name Eustace.

Let me know if you guys need any type of specialty tools when you go to mount that tower, I have access to all kinds of stuff.

See you tomorrow, BW

(Message edited by eustace on April 08, 2006)
Old     (rider)      Join Date: Mar 2006       04-08-2006, 8:25 AM Reply   
Hey everyone, here's a heads up if you are looking for a new deck or bindings. I stopped in at SOS, 2005 gear is being blown out. I couldn't resist, I picked up a new setup.
Old     (harlemice)      Join Date: Jul 2005       04-08-2006, 2:27 PM Reply   
Alex- that's good to know about Turtle Cove. Those were my favorite shoes and I still haven't gotten over that. And I definitly hope to be on the list this summer, I will have a lot more time since I will be done with school. Sounds like you guys have a big one planned on the 3rd? Is that going to be something like down at Avalon, an allcomers kinda comp thing? I'd love to come out for it. I'll be going out west this summer for about two weeks of riding in Northern Cal and Oregon. I can't wait to get back at it!
Old     (grimlock)      Join Date: Apr 2005       04-08-2006, 3:32 PM Reply   
Dave,

I'm not going to be able to make it tomorrow, I need to cover someones shift at work, so count me out, sorry. I hope you guys have a good time tomorrow, and that the rain doesn't bring to much junk into the water.
Old     (wakescene)      Join Date: Feb 2001       04-08-2006, 3:36 PM Reply   
I think Jeffeory is coming down with RPS. "Repeditive Posting Syndrome"
The only known cure for this is to actually go wakeboarding.

Yea were not going to make it Sun, simply to busy!

Alex, Were mounting a tower too??? KEWL I'll come armed with some meatier tools! SAA, that's awesome!
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       04-08-2006, 5:22 PM Reply   
Alex, I've decided to leave the boat home sunday, so don't bother bringing your gear. After all the rain today, I think the river will be less than perfect, plus with only a high temp. of 55 sunday and water temp of less than 52, it's a little too cold for me.
But, better days are coming!

See everyone at Katmandu at noon to iron out the details for June 3rd!
Old     (luke_d)      Join Date: Mar 2006       04-08-2006, 5:34 PM Reply   
KG the camp is in hopewell junction but i am not real sure what major towns or cities that is near.
Old     (wakescene)      Join Date: Feb 2001       04-09-2006, 8:39 PM Reply   
So, what's the word on june 3rd???
Old     (wakescene)      Join Date: Feb 2001       04-09-2006, 9:52 PM Reply   
here's something...

Upload
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       04-10-2006, 4:56 AM Reply   
KG,

Looking great for June 3rd! You'll be hearing from Eustace or JB soon.

Nice graphic! You got the location right, BORDENTOWN! We surveyed the ramp, dock and picnic area. All very nice.

Should be a great day of riding for everyone June 3rd!
Old     (summerryder)      Join Date: Apr 2004       04-10-2006, 4:58 AM Reply   
K to the G already getting a logo out! now that's what I call service!

As you may have gethered from the above message, we have found our site for the 2006 Jersey Riders East-West Wakefest----Bordentown, NJ!! After a fact-finding mission yeterday in which we reviewed several possible sites we came to our unanimous agreement that the boat ramp and park in Bordentown will be perfect!!!

It feels sooo good to have the location now selected! This wake gathering/party has been three years in the making and will be an awesome outing. Plenty of information still to come, but this is the biggest step taken towards making our wake dream a reality!!!!!
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       04-10-2006, 5:11 AM Reply   
KG, I just noticed, check your spelling of DELAWARE.
Old     (wakescene)      Join Date: Feb 2001       04-10-2006, 8:56 AM Reply   
I'm no grfx designer, nor do I write for Websters. That's my story and I'm sticking to it!

I was originally gonna coin a phrase I got from JB, "The DelaScare" but changed it. I'll fix 2nite and repost.

Anyone got any thoughts on it. Good/Bad needs this or that? I just posted it cause it would get the creative juices flowing for people that are better at this stuff then me!

(Message edited by wakescene on April 10, 2006)
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       04-10-2006, 10:57 AM Reply   
KG; just a thought. If you make a T shirt with the date of the 3rd and it gets rained out, then what. Make just June 2K6.
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       04-10-2006, 11:18 AM Reply   
KG, Nice job on the t-shirt graphic, I would buy some for sure! (I wasn't busting on you for spelling)

Jim, keep you fingers crossed for nice weather on the 3rd. We'll be riding a few times in May, so stay tuned!

Alex, I'm waiting for pics from yesterday.
Old     (eustace)      Join Date: Nov 2002       04-10-2006, 11:22 AM Reply   
As JB mentioned this is a great location for our event, it even has direct access via train for those of you coming in from out of town.

It was great to hang out with all of you yesterday on our fact finding trip. Here are a couple of pics from our excursion: the first is Justin’s unfortunate encounter with someone’s discarded chewing gum in the Katmandu parking lot and the other is the Boadentown ramp

Upload
Upload

KG, I really like the logo. Shoot me the file when you get it finalized and I’ll start working on some stickers.

(Message edited by eustace on April 10, 2006)
Old     (newmy79)      Join Date: Jun 2005       04-10-2006, 11:40 AM Reply   
I like it KG! I'll have to work on something tonight to see if I can come up with anything that would be t-shirt worthy.

On another note, [www.njwakeriders.com] has been reserved for the next 2 years for us! They are setting up the domain name registration today. I will put up a basic splash page, either flash or html as soon as web.com gets the registration thing done (1 business day, so today), and KG and I set up the ftp for the file hosting. Very soon! Then I'll put up the homepage I've been working on which will have all of our event information on it.

KG, we need to discuss. Email coming your way!
Old     (newmy79)      Join Date: Jun 2005       04-10-2006, 8:34 PM Reply   
Hey everyone, here's my submission (one of a few). Let me know what you think. Michele helped me out with some of the design elements, so kudos to her for helping me be creative.

I'll work on maybe 2 more versions.

Upload
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       04-10-2006, 8:49 PM Reply   
The Sunday reconnaissance mission turned-out to be enjoyable as well as productive. The only negative that
came out of it was that I was pretty much unable to think about anything else while at work on Monday!
I think I had my camera set-up incorrectly all day so most of the pictures came-up grainy and lousy.
Here's the crew at Katmandu. I think the guy I handed the camera to was kind of snaked-up on mimosas.
Upload

Once the recon work was done at the Bordentown ramp most of the crew dispersed. But Me, Doreen, Michele and
Justin stayed for a little while longer just talking, playing guitar and hanging out. Then just as we
were saying our good-byes we noticed a wakeboard boat being towed it. It was woody! So we all introduced
ourselves and the shmoozing began anew! I know I've said it before, but I can't help but to repeat myself
from time to time; it's a pretty cool thing we got going on here. That being said, here's a picture of
Justin, Michele and I with woody, his wife and the Bu.
Upload

And remember, the next event on the activities calendar is the BM5k installation luncheon at 60 Sylvia this Saturday!
Bring your cameras and watch me break-out in a cold sweat as Kevin drills holes and hides wires with impunity.