Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through November 17, 2003

Old    west_sider1            11-06-2003, 4:31 PM Reply   
From what i saw on the web site this boat has a sick wake, and is 28 feet longggg dammmmmmmmn, 28 feet is a bit long for misa, what do u guys think
Old     (scottie_k)      Join Date: Jun 2003       11-06-2003, 5:37 PM Reply   
It's funny, when the boat's in the water, it doesn't look that big. I've driven it and it rides pretty nice. If I could afford a big a__ boat, I'd get one!
Old     (mac_attack)      Join Date: Oct 2003       11-06-2003, 11:06 PM Reply   
Someone posted a wake pic from it from MCs site and it looked mega weak. What a joke. I wouldn't even buy it if it were 20k. If you would like to have this boat I would like to know your reasoning and I don't want to hear it's a big boat so it must throw a big wake.
Old     (deepstructure)      Join Date: Jun 2002       11-07-2003, 1:19 AM Reply   
here's the wake at 19mph (pic from the mc site):

x80 wake

why they take the pic at 19mph i have no idea. who wakeboards at that speed? guess they wanted to look as big as possible. doesn't look that bad for standard ballast - but go up to 24 and it probably disappears. amazing what a few extra miles per hour will do to a wake...
Old     (sdboardr99)      Join Date: Aug 2001       11-07-2003, 1:50 AM Reply   
I sure wouldn't want to tow a 28 foot boat around! And for $100,000+ I could buy any top wakeboard boat and a new diesel truck to haul it - and still have some cash left over. The X-Star is plenty big so I can't imagine owning the X-80.
Old     (paublo)      Join Date: Jul 2002       11-07-2003, 6:13 AM Reply   
Unless they have made some changes in the last 6 months, the X-80 is just a relabeled Maristar 280. I went on a demo last February with a couple of friends and it was very interesting. Inside it was huge and roomy but while driving, it felt much smaller and easier to handle than you would think. If you want a perfect (whatever that means) wake, get something else. But if you are carrying around a block party, its for you.

Here's the link to the pictures I posted:
http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/65921/55214.html#POST195594
Old     (scottie_k)      Join Date: Jun 2003       11-07-2003, 9:53 AM Reply   
Let's see, It's a huge party boat, it's a V-Drive, It has a Head, Bar, Sink, You can get it with twin MCX Engines (700 HP), There is no such thing as Rough water, Surfing wake is huge, Holds 15 People easy, It's a Havasu Machine! I would love to have that thing. Just a Dream, little too pricey for me.
Old     (jeffr)      Join Date: May 2002       11-07-2003, 10:32 AM Reply   
Too much boat for our average day on the lake. I don’t need a bar and I don’t need a bathroom… come to think of it sometimes we don’t even need a third.
I am sure the quality is great... but it looks like just an expensive version of a run about family boat with a tower and MC sticker to me.

Check the MC web site… I was not impressed with the pics of any of the wakes. I think it is one of those deals where the pics don’t do it justice. And yes most people who post here would obviously run way more weight than stock ballast regardless of what brand the boat was.

Not sure what the size restrictions are for towing… thought there was a post about the Maristar 280 here in WA and something about it being sold without a trailer because it was too wide to tow without a permit. Sold to customers who would keep it on the lake. Not sure. I have not been to Copes to check the new stuff out yet.

For the $ I would much rather have a new wakeboarding boat and a new tow rig than an expensive party barge with a tower.
No time for yachting here.
Old     (pierce_bronkite)      Join Date: Jul 2003       11-07-2003, 10:40 AM Reply   
The only one I have seen was in a slip in a marina. It is definetly a huge boat. Tall too.
Old    sprucie            11-09-2003, 8:27 AM Reply   
I stood next to one at the dealer yesterday. It was on the trailer of course. Kinda reminded me of looking at cigarette boat on its trailer just a smaller of course.

Wakeboarding boats fill a certain niche. Well that boat is for an even smaller niche. If someone has the cash and wants one go for it.

I like it, just not practical for me. I'm not at that level financially, I think my wife would divorce me as well:-).