Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (poser007)      Join Date: Nov 2004       07-11-2012, 10:02 PM Reply   
Ok I have had my eye on Wideman for a while now. Not sure I am spelling his last name correctly. Mark Munoz is no slouch we all know that. Division 1 national wrestling champ with some real power behind his punches. Wideman is no slouch in the ground game either but has a btter BJJ back ground than Munoz.

I thought this would be an interesting match up. Man I have to say after watching Wideman man handle Munoz tonight and the way he was so cool calm and calculated, i am going to go out on a limb and say we are seeing the changing of the guard at middle weight. As good as Anderson Silva is, I believe Wideman will beat him. I know I know but Wideman has been on a huge win streak and he finishes fights. That elbow was thrown iwth perfect timing and precision. This guy is the future of the middle weight division. What say you?
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       07-11-2012, 10:31 PM Reply   
Here is my brother's 2-part interview with Munoz:

Old     (ripr)      Join Date: Mar 2002       07-12-2012, 6:38 AM Reply   
I agree with you, he looked VERY impressive.

I was watching the MMA Hour about a year and a half ago when (maybe it was 2 years?) and Ray Longo was on the show with Gian Villante and they brought Chris Weidman along just to kind of get his name out there. Villante was getting ready for a Strikeforce fight and Longo was hyping that one, while simoultaneously saying look out for this Weidman kid.

He destroyed Sakara, cut 32lbs on 11 days notice and beat Maia and then smashes Munoz. He's on a tear. I think he needs another fight though.

Put him against Alan Belcher or, dare I say, Chael Sonnen. I think if Lombard looks impressive and stops Boetsch next weekend, he should either get the shot or fight Weidman for #1 contender. I think Weidman is going to want to fight soon, where as we probably wont see Anderson until spring '13.
Old     (poser007)      Join Date: Nov 2004       07-12-2012, 12:53 PM Reply   
Wes your brother is a great interviewer. Good looking dude with a great personality. Munoz is a great fighter and seems like a heck of a good guy. Naw Every so often someone comes up that is pretty special, Jon Jones, Cane Velasquez Dos Santos etc... But Weidman is the freaking silent assassin. He is Jon joneseque in the way he controls people and finishes fights. After this fight I am starting to become a fan.