Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (logan)      Join Date: Dec 2011       04-19-2012, 11:36 PM Reply   
I love this stuff, it's got me on a good level right now. Party on Wayne.
Attached Images

Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       04-20-2012, 7:32 AM Reply   
How did that work out for you today?
Old     (logan)      Join Date: Dec 2011       04-20-2012, 8:10 AM Reply   
Just fine!
Old     (migs)      Join Date: Aug 2006 Location: SF Bay Area       04-20-2012, 9:06 AM Reply   
My Go-To anytime,anyplace. Johnny Black.
Attached Images

Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       04-20-2012, 10:26 AM Reply   
I had a guy a couple months ago tell me Basil Hayden(probably spelled wrong) is a lot better then Maker's but not a ton more $$$. Anybody had that stuff? I like Pendleton Whiskey but I think it is more of a Canadian Whiskey. Knob Creek is solid as well.
Old     (jperkinsttu)      Join Date: Mar 2008       04-20-2012, 10:37 AM Reply   
Makers is hard to beat. Johnny black is a bit stiff if you are looking for more of a bourbon. Cheers
Old     (migs)      Join Date: Aug 2006 Location: SF Bay Area       04-20-2012, 10:46 AM Reply   
Anybody remember Kardhu? They stopped making it, or selling it in the US. But man that stuff was soo good.
Old     (digg311)      Join Date: Sep 2007       04-20-2012, 1:36 PM Reply   
You guys ever drink Blanton's? I'm not exactly a connoisseur, but for some reason that stuff is like liquid crack to me. Couldn't explain why if I had to, but for some reason, it's by far the best tasting bourbon I've ever had.
Old     (logan)      Join Date: Dec 2011       04-20-2012, 5:13 PM Reply   
I can't get over maker's... the only other bourbon i want to try is maker's 46 haha. soon to be father in law has some Louis XIII Cognac that I really want to check out, but that stuff is 2 G's a bottle so I don't want to tempt myself.
Old     (kstateskier)      Join Date: May 2002       04-20-2012, 9:35 PM Reply   
I'd have to agree that Basil Hayden is every bit as good as Makers.
Old     (phantom5815)      Join Date: Jul 2002       04-21-2012, 2:34 AM Reply   
It's great for baking too.
Old     (BCPMike0663)      Join Date: Apr 2010       04-21-2012, 9:54 AM Reply   
Just bought some makers mark and buffalo trace. Going to make some old fashioneds for the fight tonight
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       04-23-2012, 7:26 AM Reply   
Knob Creek is good as well.
Old     (nauty)      Join Date: Feb 2004       04-23-2012, 1:47 PM Reply   
Maker's used to be my favorite. A couple years ago while trying to find a substitute for beer (that was making me fat) I turned to Whiskey and Diet Coke (only 70 calories and no carbs). I soon found out that at $30 for a 750 ml bottle of Maker's, switching to bourbon and coke was going to be much more expensive than beer. I was looking for a cheaper alternative when I randomly picked up a bottle of Bench Mark bourbon. At $15 for a half-gallon this stuff was quite a bit cheaper than Maker's.

The first glass was tough to get down as it tasted nothing like Maker's. Now that I've been drinking it for over a year now, nothing else compares. I've tried Maker's here and there when going out, but I find myself craving my cheapo Bench Mark. Funny how your taste buds can get used to a certain taste. I wonder if Bench Mark were $50 a bottle and marketed as high end, would we all love it? Turns out that Bench Mark is made by Buffalo Trace, the same folks who produce Eagle Rare (a high end whiskey).

On a different note, I was helping to go through my grand father's house this past weekend after he had passed away a few days before. While digging around I found an unopened bottle of Grommes & Ulrich Kentucky Bourbon. The bottle says it was distilled in 1942. From what I've found on the internet, Grommes & Ulrich was a wholesale distributor out of Chicago. They apparently purchased a lot of unopened whiskey barrels from the 40's and bottled them in 1963. I have no idea what this stuff will taste like, but one of these days I may have to crack it open and find out.
Old     (04outback)      Join Date: Jul 2007       04-23-2012, 3:39 PM Reply   
Blantons is my favorite. Toured their facility. They make buffalo trace and others. Basil Hayden's is nice. A little spicy. Try eagle rare as well as four roses.
Old     (logan)      Join Date: Dec 2011       05-06-2012, 1:08 PM Reply   
I can handle regular Maker's no problem. Hands down my favorite whisky and probably always will be. But last night I picked up a bottle of Maker's 46. I went down like a brick ****house. Almost pooped on my buddies porch! (There was $20 involved) Fiance came running across the house shouting for me to put my pants back on. I definitely lost last night.

Old     (jeff_mn)      Join Date: Jul 2009       05-06-2012, 2:09 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by logan View Post
I can handle regular Maker's no problem. Hands down my favorite whisky and probably always will be. But last night I picked up a bottle of Maker's 46. I went down like a brick ****house. Almost pooped on my buddies porch! (There was $20 involved) Fiance came running across the house shouting for me to put my pants back on. I definitely lost last night.

If you are ever in the Minneapolis area - you are officially welcome to party at our house anytime.
Old     (V)      Join Date: Dec 2011       05-06-2012, 8:26 PM Reply   
If you are on the cheap side and near a military base, stop in the Class Six (military liquor store) and pick up a bottle of Military Special Whiskey. $10 half gallon. It will put you out pretty quick and it will give you one of the worst hangovers in the morning.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       05-07-2012, 9:35 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by logan View Post

Hahaha
Old     (jeff_mn)      Join Date: Jul 2009       05-07-2012, 10:29 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by V View Post
If you are on the cheap side and near a military base, stop in the Class Six (military liquor store) and pick up a bottle of Military Special Whiskey. $10 half gallon. It will put you out pretty quick and it will give you one of the worst hangovers in the morning.
You should look into a career in sales.
Old     (V)      Join Date: Dec 2011       05-07-2012, 2:39 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff_mn View Post
You should look into a career in sales.
Uncle sam has me for another 8 years. but I would love to do it on the side!!!
Old     (buffalow)      Join Date: Apr 2002       05-08-2012, 7:11 AM Reply   
We have worked with Buffalo Trace and given out tons of bottles as Christmas gifts for our customers. Stuff is super smooth and everybody that drinks it, comments how good it is. Worth a look.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       05-08-2012, 9:14 AM Reply   
Maker's is good. Been on Woodford Reserve Double Oaked for a while now. Try if you haven't