Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (skongolf)      Join Date: Aug 2009       12-06-2011, 12:10 PM Reply   
I have searched through past posts and didn't find what I was looking for so I thought I would ask some advice. I need to store about 4-6 wakeboards and the only room I have left in the garage is the ceiling. Has anybody ever made a system like this that make accessing the board easy? I cant do anymore storage lofts that hang from the ceiling, too many aready. I was thinking some kind of hooks with bungee type set up, but I wondered if any of you may have done this and had pictures. Thanks
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       12-06-2011, 5:24 PM Reply   
I have 4 of these they work awesome. Get them at Sears

http://www.racorinc.com/Products.aspx?id=150
Old     (SkySki)      Join Date: Feb 2010       12-06-2011, 5:29 PM Reply   
$8000+ for storage in your garage? I think you could have built a new garage for close to that. No offense, that is just out of my scope.
Old     (kybool)      Join Date: Aug 2004       12-06-2011, 5:42 PM Reply   
$215 per rack x 4 racks = Not quite $8000

They look neat, as long as you don't have earthquakes. If this is what you want I would go to Sears take some pics and build something better, maybe more specific to your needs.
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       12-06-2011, 5:54 PM Reply   
Paid 115 a rack on sale. Hold snowblowers lawnmowers and a ton of crap off my garage floor. They are def don't go for 215 at stores. If you can find something similar with this ease of access post it because I would love to see it

For 8000 I would have def built on an addition

Last edited by xstarrider; 12-06-2011 at 5:58 PM.
Old     (SkySki)      Join Date: Feb 2010       12-06-2011, 6:45 PM Reply   
Strange, my glasses must have been dirty or something. I swear it said 2149.99 the first time I looked at it. My mistake.
Old     (BKinSoCal)      Join Date: Oct 2011       12-07-2011, 9:38 AM Reply   
I'm like you and ran out of storage space in my garage so I have rigged up bungee storage on my ceiling for my old board I store at home. It was super easy to do and very inexpensive.

It's on a drop section of my ceiling so I mounted the screws on the sides and hooked the bungees to them. Had it been on a flat section of the ceiling, I would have used eye-bolts so the bungees would have had something to tie into.

Simple and cheap.

Good luck.
Attached Images

Old     (SangerTom)      Join Date: Aug 2010       12-07-2011, 9:50 AM Reply   
I built some racks with PVC. They work great and they cost about $30. I will post a picture later tonight.
Old     (jaegermaster)      Join Date: Sep 2002       12-07-2011, 2:50 PM Reply   
Rope, screws and fender washers=cheap and easy. Just leave the rope loose enough to slide them out.
Attached Images

Old     (skongolf)      Join Date: Aug 2009       12-07-2011, 4:58 PM Reply   
Great ideas, especially the rope and bungee one. Easy and exactly that I was wanting to do. Keep em coming.
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       12-08-2011, 9:33 AM Reply   
^^^ Not only am I impressed by the ceiling racks, but the abundance of WakeWorld stickers on those boards takes it to another level!!
Old     (johnny_defacto)      Join Date: Sep 2006       12-08-2011, 9:46 AM Reply   
I really like the rope idea, clean, simple, cheap and easy to put up or take down. My favorite part are the bindings screwed into the ceiling!
Old     (jaegermaster)      Join Date: Sep 2002       12-08-2011, 5:34 PM Reply   
I'm a carpenter and do a lot of work in my garage. Screwing the bindings to the ceiling keeps the sawdust out of them.
Old     (power1982)      Join Date: May 2010       12-08-2011, 8:03 PM Reply   
Here is a picture of a board rack that I made. The idea came from a local shop, this one only has 3 spaces however you can make it as long as you want. The board rack is also placed over the boat which makes it quite easy to pack up from inside the boat. The foam padding I used is quite thick and I would recomend something else such as bunk carpet. Cheers.
Attached Images

Old     (SangerTom)      Join Date: Aug 2010       12-08-2011, 11:09 PM Reply   
2 x 3's. Drilled 3/4 depth holes screwed and glued end caps of 1/2" PVC and threaded sprinkler risers. Put foam insulation around pipes.
Attached Images

Old     (skongolf)      Join Date: Aug 2009       12-21-2011, 2:08 PM Reply   
Well I went the rope and washer route to put the boards up and I think it came out pretty good. My trusses were only 16" apart so the boards are a little close, but I just adjusted the rope lengths between beams so they fit. I think I spent $6 for everything. Awesome suggestion!!
Name:  Board storage small.JPG
Views: 781
Size:  119.6 KB
Old     (dhill)      Join Date: Aug 2010       12-21-2011, 2:41 PM Reply   
^^ well done, i plan to do the same.