Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (jdjjamesz)      Join Date: Mar 2008       12-09-2010, 9:05 PM Reply   
Does anyone know how good the wake is on this boat..
Old     (wakemitch)      Join Date: Jun 2005       12-09-2010, 9:24 PM Reply   
I forget what year Frank Wolter's is but I always have a great time behind his boat. There seems to be a limit though of how much weight it will take though because you get a lot of water flowing into the vents.
Old     (jdjjamesz)      Join Date: Mar 2008       12-10-2010, 1:49 PM Reply   
does anyone haVE PICTURES,my friend is going to buy one..
Old     (wakemitch)      Join Date: Jun 2005       12-10-2010, 1:59 PM Reply   
it has a double lip but Frank's son Chris boosts off of it
Old     (motogod77)      Join Date: Aug 2008       12-10-2010, 2:00 PM Reply   
No pics, but I've rode behind one and my best opinion on the wave is OK. You can't weight em much and the wave is short even at speed. I'm sure just with the V230's size and beam with some time you get one dialed in fairly good tho.
Old     (motogod77)      Join Date: Aug 2008       12-10-2010, 2:01 PM Reply   
See there you go - that wave looks decent and long!
Old     (wofrankwo)      Join Date: Jul 2009       12-10-2010, 5:35 PM Reply   
i have a 2002 v230 ......... we surf in the delta and where we ride is 8' to 16' .......... i weight the boat with 2000lbs total ballast ......... i surf no problem all day all the time at 330lbs

we have only been to lakes a couple times for 1 day only and weighted the boat the same as we did in the delta and was never really impressed with the wave

this summer we went to a lake for 5 days and played with the weight and it was amazing the length of the wave we got ...... we kept 1500 in the back locker but moved the 500 under the side seat to under the front seat ...... the wake we had that entire trip was amazing to us ........ it had so much length and still had the push to let me surf at my weight ........ chris still says it was by far the best wake hes ever been on

my rear lockers are huge and i can fit 500lbs of lead and 2 - 550 lb sacs of water almost filled completely and close the cover ....... under the seat i use 500lbs of lead .......in the shallow delta i can ride the wake at my size all day every day on a 5'3" bazooka with just my 2 kids in the boat ........ when we have at least 6 in the boat we have to start putting lead from under the side seat to under the front ......... when we were on the lake and dialed in we had to put the weight as i said earlier under the front seat and i am sure that was because we were actually in deep water

my friend has a 2005 or 2006 v230 and his interior is bigger then mine and his rear lockers are quite small ...... he has an adjustable rear plate on the back where mine is solid ....... one of our wakeboarder guys says that adjustable plate makes the wake for wakeboarding awesome ...... ive never seen it so i cant comment on that ...... i wish i had that on my boat!

i believe if we surfed on lakes all the time we would have a great wake dialed in for deep water ....... but my wake is dialed in so i can surf behind the boat in shallow water with just my 2 kids in the boat

from what i read and hear about the different people with different boats and different weight surfers what i get out of my boat is pretty sweet especially for the shallow water we surf in

just my opinion
Old     (wofrankwo)      Join Date: Jul 2009       12-10-2010, 5:48 PM Reply   
we do have a very pronounced double lip in our wake ........ the bottom part is very solid and seems harder ( i dont know if you guys get my understanding ) then any boat ive been behind ....... but it is very definable and you can see it in all our pics and vids

the goal this year is to try and see if we can get rid of the double lip ........ when you turn the boat just slightly the double lip goes away so i am hoping this will be something we can accomplish ........ from the new boats ive been behind i definetly like the feel of a single lip wake better then the double lip ....... i think it will be better for chris also as all the tournament boats have seamless wakes
Old     (wofrankwo)      Join Date: Jul 2009       12-10-2010, 5:51 PM Reply   
oooops one last thing ........ anybody have any ideas we can try to get rid of the double lip ....... ive been told we need to roll the boat over more along the entire length ........ but the shallow delta water makes us have to really dig in the back of the boat to get a solid wake
Old     (wakemitch)      Join Date: Jun 2005       12-11-2010, 4:41 PM Reply   
I miss riding with you Frank. I havent wakesurfed since Oroville.
Old     (wofrankwo)      Join Date: Jul 2009       12-11-2010, 9:53 PM Reply   
mitch ive been in the ocean three times a week except last week when there were NO waves at all ........ we are going to go out sunday on the boat and you are always welcome its me n chris ....... the ocean is whipping me into shape im right at the under 300 range ....... the walkers boat looks flipping awesome must have been tough to see that in your shop all the time ...... i dont think weve been on the boat for 4 weeks maybe ..... you gotta come surf with me on friday afternoons at santa cruz!!
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       12-12-2010, 11:28 AM Reply   
Hey frank, we had that double lip on our 24Ve when we first started weighting it. It was a matter of listing the boat over more. This is why we did the aluminum swim deck. When we listed the boat over enough to get rid of the double lip, we had a huge cut in the wake from the deck. So then we built the aluminum deck, and then listed over to where we needed, and no more double lip, and no more cut in the wake.

Hope that helps, it did for us.
Old     (wofrankwo)      Join Date: Jul 2009       12-12-2010, 4:31 PM Reply   
robert happy holidays to you and your family!! i remember you telling me that and that was my point of reference ........ probably have to use another 500lbs of lead up in the front to get it over .......... the kids can surf no problem with just 1000 lbs in the rear im the big one who needs the extra 500 ....... then i could use that 500 to list the boat easier ........ hopefully by march i will not have to use all that weight in the back ....... we didnt go out today because it was foggy and couldnt get motivated enough when we dont see the sun at least
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       12-12-2010, 7:39 PM Reply   
Same to you Frank, hope you guys have a great holiday. The kids are looking forward to surfing with you sometime after the new year.
Old     (jetskiprosx)      Join Date: Aug 2004       12-12-2010, 7:50 PM Reply   
We've found that 750 in the rear, 400 on the side seat, 500 mid ship makes for a great wave. It's amazing how long the pocket can be with a little weight up front.
Old     (wofrankwo)      Join Date: Jul 2009       12-13-2010, 1:55 PM Reply   
@patrick ...... do you get the double lip in the wake? i think mine comes from setting that rear corner down so deep .......... i know what you mean about the pocket getting long it looked and seemed so wierd to be that far back and we only surfed it that way for 2 days and we had so many people riding behind the boat we didnt get much of a chance at it ourselves
Old     (jetskiprosx)      Join Date: Aug 2004       12-13-2010, 8:24 PM Reply   
I'm not sure if I understand what a double lip is. Is it similar to a 'trough' before the ramp on some wakeboard wakes?
Old     (wofrankwo)      Join Date: Jul 2009       12-14-2010, 12:13 AM Reply   
see the picture above ....... thats our wake and see how the wake is divided ....... or how the wake is divided into a bottom and top half .... hard for me to explain it but you can see it very clearly
Old     (jetskiprosx)      Join Date: Aug 2004       12-14-2010, 5:47 PM Reply   
Here is a pic of our wake without the extra 400lbs on the side. It's just a 750 in the rear port, 500 mid-ship, and 5 people. It doesn't have the lip like in your picture. Not sure what causes that, do you put any weight on the non-surf side? If you do try removing that. I don't run any weight in the bow. The v230 can take a lot of weight in the rear and on the surf side.
Attached Images

Last edited by jetskiprosx; 12-14-2010 at 5:51 PM.
Old     (wofrankwo)      Join Date: Jul 2009       12-14-2010, 9:52 PM Reply   
that looks great!! now im hoping its just because i use so much weight in the back corner ...... thanks for your help

do you have the adjustale rear plate or is it stationery like mine is?
Old     (rallyart)      Join Date: Nov 2006       12-15-2010, 9:05 AM Reply   
Frank, I replaced the stationary plate on my 215 with the Bennett tab from Sanger. It's a pain to do but if you do it you will be very happy with the results.
Old     (wofrankwo)      Join Date: Jul 2009       12-15-2010, 6:48 PM Reply   
thanks art for the input ....... ill call sanger and find out what they have