Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through July 08, 2003

Old    damnation            06-03-2003, 10:20 AM Reply   
I am putting two 10" subs in my Wakesetter and can't figure out the best place for them. Ideally I would like to have one in the observer's compartment (not a problem) and the other at the driver's feet, but that is where the heater is at. Has anyone experimented with placing one sub under the side seat to the left of the observer's seat? The box would have to be pretty small (worried about not moving enough air). What have you guys done?

Thanks.
Old     (bond)      Join Date: Nov 2002       06-03-2003, 10:22 AM Reply   

...oo VLX I have 2 JL Micro subs 8" under the drivers area facing upwards and one JL 15 W3 under the observer seat.

www.wakeon.com
Old    deltahoosier            06-03-2003, 12:05 PM Reply   
Move the heater duct over to the left and mount the sub on the foot platform. That is the way the 10" is mounted in my boat
Old    damnation            06-03-2003, 12:22 PM Reply   
Rod, where is your heater unit mounted? Mine is mounted behind the kick plate at the driver's feet. I don't think I want to go through the hassle of moving it. There just isn't any room there with the heater unit and two hoses.

I spoke with the guy that is going to build my box(es) and he said that the subs only require between 0.5 and 1 cu. ft. each. I may be able to get both in one box in the observer's compartment or one in the observer's compartment and one in the corner in the back left under the seat. That will seperate them a bit, but I guess for subs it really doesn't matter where they are.

Mike, is the 15" sub under the observer's seat or behind it in the compartment?

Thanks guys.
Old     (jro)      Join Date: Sep 2002       06-03-2003, 1:28 PM Reply   
I did my 10" in a wedge box and rerouted the heater to mount at the top of it and point at an angle to my feet. The size of the wedge is exactly 1.0 cu ft and fits exactly the width and depth of the foot area without coming past the footrest. Granted this is in a 97 Sunsetter but the dimensions are similar. I'll post pics if your interested.
Old    damnation            06-03-2003, 1:42 PM Reply   
I'm always interested in pics if they are handy. I had a 2002 Sunsetter and it almost seems like there was more foot room on the Sunsetter than the Wakesetter. It could be because I didn't have a heater in the Sunsetter and it just looked like more room.
Old    deltahoosier            06-03-2003, 1:44 PM Reply   
Just buy a Prowedge JL Audio box that comes with a JL Audio W3 woofer. Move the vent hose to the left and use 2 right angle brackets to mount it on the foot rest. Very Solid, everything is very functional. I assume my heater is the same place as yours. One vent at the feet and one pull out in the walkway.
Old     (jro)      Join Date: Sep 2002       06-03-2003, 2:25 PM Reply   
http://www.malibuboatowners.com/gallery/view_photo.php?set_albumName=albuo56&id=P4140033
Old     (timmy)      Join Date: Jul 2001       06-03-2003, 3:59 PM Reply   
Dave,

what is your time frame on this? we are going to be moving (2) 12s to the drivers side. take out the kick board, put box in its place. I'll take photos along the way.
Old     (tigeal)      Join Date: Jul 2002       06-03-2003, 9:01 PM Reply   
I used two Kicker L7 10" in a sub zone box and it works great. And yes there is a heater behind that, just moved the drivers outlet.
Old    damnation            06-04-2003, 5:48 AM Reply   
CL and Alan, nice install jobs. I am leaning toward putting the subs at my feet. I'll have to look and see what kind of room I have for a box, but the way the heater unit is mounted it doesn't leave much. I guess the increase in sound quality over putting them in the observers compartment is worth moving the heater.

Tim, I should be done within the next couple of weeks. Maybe I should take pictures of the install too. Too bad I don't own a camera.
Old     (02wakesettervlx)      Join Date: Jun 2001       06-04-2003, 5:52 AM Reply   
I have a single L5 12" at my feet with a three outlet heater behind. I made a new kick plate so I could cut a notch into it, and sink the box against the back wall. I only moved my heater up a little bit in order to accomodate the box.