Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through April 04, 2003

Old    chuk            04-01-2003, 10:09 AM Reply   
We ordered a Titan tower for our new VLX but haven't yet bought board racks. Titan offers a couple that look pretty good - the swivel in particular looks slick. Are there other non-Titan racks we should also be considering? What have the rest of you Titan owners done? Thanks!
Old     (timmy)      Join Date: Jul 2001       04-01-2003, 10:12 AM Reply   
try to get one that is easy to secure the bungee strap. the one i have used made it difficult cause the strap wrapped around the back plate....right where the tower tube was. poor design in my opinion
Old    chuk            04-01-2003, 10:15 AM Reply   
Is your rack one of the ones made by Titan?
Old     (timmy)      Join Date: Jul 2001       04-01-2003, 10:26 AM Reply   
it is not my rack but it is the titan rack.

(I have the swoop tower and bat racks)

but if you can avoid that hassle with that particular design, it would be nice.

essentially with other tower styles where you are mounting on a crossbar, you just pull the strap around and fasten it real easy. in this case when you pull it around the tube is in the way. perhaps look for one that has the bungee catch on the forks.

Old    d_fresh            04-01-2003, 11:51 AM Reply   
Try Mako board racks

Doug G
Old    dlb988            04-01-2003, 12:56 PM Reply   
Check out MalibuBoatowners.com. There are a few different threads there. One is for custom made racks. It is a great site for info about your boat.
Old    steveaz            04-01-2003, 6:19 PM Reply   
I'm partial to Fluid Concepts. I personally have yet to find a rack that performs as well.

Good quality
Multiple mounting options
Boards don't hit each other
Racks don't rotate
No plastic parts to pop you in the knuckles
Reasonably priced
A company that stands behind their product

Don't buy the Titan swivels...they're a waste of money on a Titan tower. Only my opinion of course.

You can check out FC at www.fluidconcepts.net

Hit me with an email if you'd like pics or additional info, I've had 4 of their racks on my Titan for the last year.

Steve
Old     (monstertower)      Join Date: Mar 2003       04-01-2003, 6:51 PM Reply   
If you like the Mako Racks there $250 each at www.MonsterTower.com and the quick release on them is really nice. It takes about 10 seconds to take them off or put them on.

I've also heard great things about the Fluid Concepts racks and the only reason we dont offer them is they dont go up to 2-1/2" in size, which is what we need.

Dont think you can go wrong any way you go.

Bill@MonsterTower.com
Old    chuk            04-02-2003, 12:11 PM Reply   
Thanks for the feedback guys. I believe the Fluid concepts rack will fit the Titan. Doesn't the Titan use 2 1/4" piping?
Old    steveaz            04-02-2003, 6:19 PM Reply   
10-4, he was speaking of his tower (MonsterTower) that is comprised of 2.5" tubing.

Steve
Old    chuk            04-02-2003, 9:31 PM Reply   
Yup - got it - must have had a brain cramp when I read the message.

I'm sure malibuboatowners has a lot of info. I've tried going to the site a few times the past couple days, but it looks like they're suffering from some technical difficulties.