Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through February 21, 2008

Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       02-02-2008, 10:37 AM Reply   
Well, I was just watching a guy wakeboard on Sammamish and he cut way inside a 5 mph bouy and ran a ground on the only place you can do so on Sammamish. That sucks for him.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       02-02-2008, 10:51 AM Reply   
Upload
Old     (robertr720)      Join Date: Aug 2007       02-02-2008, 10:53 AM Reply   
Someday he may learn to pay a little more attention I guess
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       02-02-2008, 10:58 AM Reply   
They got the boat off and motored away. I am sure they will be investing in a new prop though. Possibly a strut or shaft to. Lucky it is a sand bar and not rocks.
Old     (bill_airjunky)      Join Date: Apr 2002       02-02-2008, 12:01 PM Reply   
Hey Brett, Where on Sammamish is that?

I thought I knew Sammamish pretty well, specifically the 2 sunken forests to stay away from & the marshy area in the far NE corner. But that doesn't look familiar to me. I imagine the water is pretty high these days.
Old     (liveoz)      Join Date: May 2002       02-02-2008, 12:42 PM Reply   
Yeah, I am curious too. Is that the SW corner facing I90? And when did you find a break in the weather, this morning?

Oh, I see you were watching, You know Saturday is Cliff and company's day to ride. Hopefully this is not one of them, I am sure if it was we'll get an update soon

(Message edited by liveoz on February 02, 2008)
Old     (bill_airjunky)      Join Date: Apr 2002       02-02-2008, 3:08 PM Reply   
Yea, the shore looks like the SE corner & the beach at the State Park. But I never knew it was shallow that far away from shore..... unless the water level is WAY HIGH?

(Message edited by bill_airjunky on February 02, 2008)
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       02-03-2008, 11:12 PM Reply   
It is right next to the state park. If you are there in the summer there is a big sand bar sticking off a 100 feet or so. This is where they ran a ground. I know Lake Sammamish really well and this is the only place on the whole lake where you can run a ground with out taking a 90 degree run straight into the shore. There are a couple of sunken forests but there isn't one whre this happened. Actually I wouldn't consider them sunken forests since they are all pilings from old lumber mills, but whatever. I grew up on the northeast corner and it is really easy to see where the pilings are. In fact I have don 40 mph's through them with a foot on either side of the boat. I would not not try this unless you know the lake really well though. Even at the very north end where the ski course is you can get close to shore. I have crashed wakeboarding on the north side of the coarse and been in 4 feet of water but you have to get really close to actually hit ground.
Old     (bill_airjunky)      Join Date: Apr 2002       02-03-2008, 11:57 PM Reply   
Nice, I never knew there was a sand bar that far out from the beach. Sounds like the guy was lucky.

The sunken forests I am talking about are by Bake's yurt, and by Timberlake park where the old ski ramp used to be. Years ago my brother high centered a Prostar by Timberlake on a tree stump like 100' from shore.

Hey, those pilings you are referring to, there is a story about that place.......supposedly there was a locomotive & a coal car on the tracks when that mill burned down (like 100 yrs ago). Supposedly both are still sunk in the mud to this day. No clue if it's true or not.
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       02-04-2008, 5:56 AM Reply   
No it wasn't me, and yes I know where it's at. It's the old party sand bar at the state park. We watched some drunken idiots do the same thing last fourth of July.