Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 27, 2003 > Archive through June 22, 2004

Old     (jklein)      Join Date: May 2001       05-26-2004, 3:57 PM Reply   
OK. First of all don't give me a hard time for looking at a Sanger while being a Malibu owner... I'm looking to upgrade (newer + v-drive) and I think the BU's, SAN's and MC's are kind of pricey. Thus, I'm exploring all my options.

Any opinions on the Sanger dealers near Sacto? I'm going to research the V215.
Old     (blastmaster)      Join Date: Aug 2001       05-26-2004, 7:11 PM Reply   
John:
call Richard Marx @ Marine Center in Rancho Cordova (916-631-8666). He has 1 beautiful one in red right now and 12 more on order that he claims to have buyers for already. I hear they are presold but IMO thats always bull- - - - when your a cash in hand buyer. Hit Mark B(Wakehound) up for info. He got his black 215 there last month.Once you ride the Sanger and see it up close I bet you decide it is a good choice.

Rick
Old     (wakehound)      Join Date: Oct 2003       05-27-2004, 8:58 AM Reply   
John, give Rich a call, he'll hook you up. Drop me a line if you want to go out on mine, or if you have any questions about them. I've been very happy with mine so far.

mb
Old     (jklein)      Join Date: May 2001       05-27-2004, 9:06 AM Reply   
I did call those guys at marine Center. I think the guy's last name was Goodrich. Anyway he said he has no V215's and is supposed to get one on June 15th.

They're not doing any demo rides because all the boats are essentially sold before they hit the store. I guess they are pretty popular.

However, there's two things.
1. I'm NOT buying any boat I have not ridden in and seen the wake (would prefer to ride the wake) before I buy. That's a requirement. No demo, no purchase.
2. I have to sell my Malibu too.

Mark: How much wieght does the ballast system add to the boat? I run about 1200 plus the wedge in my BU.
Old     (wakehound)      Join Date: Oct 2003       05-27-2004, 12:30 PM Reply   
John-
I think the rear tanks are 250 - 300 each, and the center bag is 400. The only thing I've changed is putting a side sac in the bow. Made the wake really steep. One of these days I'm going to spend a day just playing with moving things around, but even stock the wake is nice.

I'll try to get some pics of it this weekend. The wind has been blowing like crazy lately.

mb
Old     (jklein)      Join Date: May 2001       05-27-2004, 1:43 PM Reply   
The guy in Madera gave me bad info then. He told me the ballast system was 1600 lbs. I think the website says 725 or 775 or something like that.

There were some pictures already posted by Brian back in december. Looked pretty nice.
Old    chavezychavez            05-28-2004, 8:24 AM Reply   
John, the ballast is closer to 1100 lbs... 500 in the locker I believe and 300 on each side in the rear.

Thing kicks a mean wake with just the factory stuff loaded. You should maybe try to hook up with a V215 owner and see if you can roll with them one day and see it/ride it. You will not be disappointed.