Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through January 18, 2008

Old     (dunters)      Join Date: Dec 2007       12-16-2007, 7:39 PM Reply   
Any of you tried it? Any advice? I'll be in Perth and other parts of Western Australia for the first couple of weeks of january and hope to give it a go. Anyone done it before? Any advice? Also any of you Aussies know where I can rent a jet ski in WA to try this?
Old     (liquidmalibu)      Join Date: Sep 2007       12-16-2007, 8:13 PM Reply   
I've done it.
It takes a bit of time getting used to it. sometimes the handle gets yanked out of your hands because the jetski cant continue driving parallel. Dude go to Margaret's River. I've seen Taj Burrow being towed there surfing, it looks like a mad spot.
I cant help you on the hiring part though...?
Old     (calummoore)      Join Date: Nov 2007       12-17-2007, 1:40 AM Reply   
get onto www.wake.com.au

there'll be plenty of people there that will be willing to help you out
Old     (dunters)      Join Date: Dec 2007       12-18-2007, 5:52 AM Reply   
Margaret River's definitely one of my destinations. Thanks for the advice.

cheers,
-d
Old     (squanta)      Join Date: Dec 2007       12-18-2007, 5:46 PM Reply   
on itunes there is a podcast called Camp Pendleton that shows wakeboarding in the surf. check it out
Old     (bulletlines)      Join Date: Apr 2005       12-19-2007, 4:37 PM Reply   
We winch the surf all the time in Port Aransas TX. I love riding in the surf. Attached is a boring pic of friends skating it; unfortunately I do not have any great pics to share. I personally like being able to cut into the 4' to 6' swells and launching off the tops. We have guys getting easily 15' of air on big swells.

Upload

Thanks,

Ken Land
Bullet Lines
www.bulletlines.com

(Message edited by bulletlines on December 19, 2007)
Old     (zachfullwiler)      Join Date: Dec 2007       12-20-2007, 9:02 AM Reply   
it is definitely a fun change from just being pulled behind the boat, me and a buddy went to Hawaii for 3 weeks to visit family and we used our black box almost everyday...its one of the funnest things i have ever done
Old     (buzz_grande)      Join Date: Mar 2004       12-20-2007, 10:52 AM Reply   
Get the "Shock & Awe" DVD. Has a ton of it (pretty much the entire video). Looks like a blast, but of course riders like Parks make it look easy anyway.
Old     (pnichols)      Join Date: Jan 2007       12-21-2007, 2:22 PM Reply   
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OgaVI9N9MQA
Old     (wake_pirate)      Join Date: Mar 2007       12-21-2007, 10:22 PM Reply   
Hey Ken, good to see some wake action where I grew up. I was born & raised in Corpus Christi/Flower Bluff. We surfed when it was up, & skurfed from behind a car when the surf was down. My grandparents had a house on Lake Corpus Christi aka Mathis, that where I learned how to surf behind a boat. Funny how things evolve. Anyway just a trip down mem lane. Have fun w/ spring break! PS, I ride w/ a Bulletline!
Old     (joeshmoe)      Join Date: Jan 2003       12-24-2007, 11:51 AM Reply   
jet ski cost an arm and a leg? i'd think it would be better to surf in the surf, and be pulls with a jet ski