Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Video and Photography

Old     (skull)      Join Date: May 2002       12-16-2008, 11:09 AM Reply   
I just picked up my MacBook Pro and use a couple different Canon cameras (mainly an XSi and nice little point and shoot). I have grew fond of the Canon software that downloads the pics from the camera onto a PC into My Pictures and creates a different folder for each days shooting. Do you Mac people use the Canon software or just let the Mac manage things? How does a Mac manage the photos it downloads from a camera? Sorry for the ignorant questions but I am still trying to digest my new Mac.

I like have a folder for each days shooting and am hoping Macs do things similar.

For editing, do you use Aperture or Photoshop. I have used Photoshop for years but imagine there are advantages to Aperture for a Mac.
Old     (cbk)      Join Date: Aug 2006       12-16-2008, 12:28 PM Reply   
I use a mac and a couple different Canon's as well, mainly a Rebel XT and I use iphoto. Iphoto can arrange them several different ways according to what you want, I do know that it will seperate them by day for sure. I am very pleased with it and have not even installed the Canon software.
Old     (skull)      Join Date: May 2002       12-16-2008, 12:35 PM Reply   
Cool man thanks. I will try it and see what I think.
Old     (richd)      Join Date: Oct 2003       12-16-2008, 1:36 PM Reply   
Not sure how iPhoto handles RAW conversions but Aperture offers the best default RAW conversions of any SW I have tried and that includes Canon DPP, CS2/3, lightroom and Phase1. As far as digital manipulation goes there's not too much that can touch photoshop.
Old     (skull)      Join Date: May 2002       12-17-2008, 3:02 PM Reply   
I tried iPhoto and it seemed to just put all of the photos into one folder. I prefer how the Canon program puts all of the pics in folders named using the date each set of pics were taken. Hopefully, I can install that Canon software on a Mac. Does anyone know if I can use Adobe Photoshop 7 on a Mac?
Old     (phantom5815)      Join Date: Jul 2002       12-17-2008, 3:08 PM Reply   
Does anyone know if I can use Adobe Photoshop 7 on a Mac?

Yes you can.
Old     (richd)      Join Date: Oct 2003       12-17-2008, 7:22 PM Reply   
Canon bundled SW comes with Mac versions of all their programs.

PS7 runs on the Mac OS but only if you have the Mac version. One thing to consider however with the Mac version of PS7 on an intel based Mac is that it will run slower then slow. You'd be better off booting your mac in windows and running the windows version of PS7.

CS3 was the first version that was coded specifically for intel based Macs. BIG difference!
Old     (cbk)      Join Date: Aug 2006       12-17-2008, 7:32 PM Reply   
Rob - You have to change your preferences in iphoto. Mine are all sorted by date, but I had to make the adjustment in my preferences first.