Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through March 18, 2009

Old     (duffmangt)      Join Date: Jan 2008       06-22-2008, 8:16 PM Reply   
how much would the wooden swim platform be for an 07 x2? our fiberglass one looked so good at first but its getting super scratched up already and its only half way through summer so next summer i want to get the wood one instead if its not crazy ridiculous
Old     (seven20)      Join Date: Feb 2003       06-22-2008, 8:33 PM Reply   
www.mymastercraft.com you should be able to get one for less than 4 hundo there.
Old     (duffmangt)      Join Date: Jan 2008       06-22-2008, 9:18 PM Reply   
awesome, ty...its the teak platform right? thats much cheaper than expected
Old     (c640947)      Join Date: Jan 2005       06-24-2008, 8:30 AM Reply   
the teak is hard to keep looking nice. when wet, it looks fine and unless the scratch is more of a gouge, it looks good. but after a year or so, when dry it looks awful. I used to teak mine quite a bit, but still couldn't win.

that being said my next one will have teak though too. i just like it better.
Old     (duckguy)      Join Date: Jul 2006       06-25-2008, 11:04 PM Reply   
To bad your not closer I have one in the wrap I will let go for cheap.
Old     (1boarder_kevin)      Join Date: Mar 2007       06-26-2008, 10:42 AM Reply   
sounds crazy, but a couple times a year when when you get back from the river, put borax detergent on the platform and use a stiff brisle brush to scrub it. It cleans it quickly and doesn't bleach it. Let it dry for a day and then put teak oil on it. You can keep your teak looking good for roughly 30 min of work.
Old     (kneeboarder8806)      Join Date: Jan 2006       06-26-2008, 11:28 AM Reply   
if it gets bad, but not too bad you can take some steel wool and scrub it really well and then oil it and it will look as good or better than new. that what i did to ours and it looks super nice.
Old     (brucemac)      Join Date: Dec 2005       06-26-2008, 1:18 PM Reply   
use brass wool though because you may leave some steel behind in the grain and it will rust.