Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through September 22, 2008

Old     (johnny_defacto)      Join Date: Sep 2006       09-05-2008, 3:36 PM Reply   
Just wanted to give props to my girlfriend. She is awesome to have on the boat. we have been riding together for 2 years now and she is the best teammate ever.

We have it down now that we do not even have to say 1 word when launching/retrieving the boat, or wiping down. (we feel sorry for the couples that seem to get into yelling matches for the stupidest reasons, but we cant help but laugh a little at them too).

She can back a trailer into the narrowest lanes and she can put the boat on the trailer, spot on everytime. she prefers to handle the truck and trailer though.

She gives good, straight, consistent pulls, can pull a dock start, and drive a dub...

she's rad.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       09-05-2008, 3:49 PM Reply   
You're a lucky man John. Love the hardcore wakeboard couples!

I was doing pretty good with my wife for the first couple of years. She could drive the boat well in the Delta with no speed control system, lanch, dock, etc.... She burned out after a while, but she can still ride and drive. Grateful that she doesn't mind all of the riding that I do.
Old     (misteve)      Join Date: Aug 2007       09-05-2008, 3:57 PM Reply   
Im jealous..
Old     (wakeboardlasvegas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       09-05-2008, 3:57 PM Reply   
girlfriend? MARRY THAT WOMAN!!! But then again, why make that mistake!
Old     (bcrider)      Join Date: Apr 2006       09-05-2008, 4:18 PM Reply   
I have my girlfriend in training as well and she is doing pretty good with backing the trailer now.
Old     (jward10)      Join Date: Mar 2007       09-05-2008, 4:26 PM Reply   
My wife and I have the same thing going. I love seeing her back the trailer down next to a guy that is struggling
Old     (tommyc)      Join Date: Nov 2003       09-05-2008, 4:31 PM Reply   
He's just tring to get some
Old     (solo)      Join Date: Oct 2001       09-05-2008, 5:14 PM Reply   
Sounds like he's already getting some. Pulls that is!
Old     (helix_rider)      Join Date: Mar 2003       09-06-2008, 9:18 AM Reply   
We've had our boat for 4 summers now, and last time out was the first time I had ever put the boat on the trailer...it seems my wife wears the the driving pants in our family :-)
Old     (rnopr8)      Join Date: Apr 2005       09-06-2008, 10:33 AM Reply   
Hey John....So many times we take for granted the great things our spouses/s.o's do for us. Its great to see you publicly compliment her so much.....you are BOTH very lucky.
Old     (wakechic06)      Join Date: Jun 2005       09-08-2008, 11:04 AM Reply   
I need a guy that I can ride with; wakeboard that is ;)
Old     (unclejessie)      Join Date: Jan 2004       09-08-2008, 11:12 AM Reply   
My wife is money with the trailer. Guys in the boat are always saying "how... she is good". Oh, and don't be her way when she is backing down... 'cause you'll get some lip from her about getting your A$$ out of the way!!!

She has started doing the boat now to. The only thing she does not do is drive the river, and I can't say i blame her after I have hit two logs!
Old     (elc)      Join Date: Jan 2008       09-08-2008, 11:27 AM Reply   
My wife is real good with the trailer and pulls also. Its nice to have someone you can consistently count on.

Socal is right, its so easy to take for granted what our sig. others do. Its great to see you give her complements publicly.

Buy her some bling!
Old     (bmartin)      Join Date: Jan 2007       09-08-2008, 11:37 AM Reply   
Johnny, you sound like you are one whipped boy! Perhaps for good reason though.
Old     (rnopr8)      Join Date: Apr 2005       09-08-2008, 11:39 AM Reply   
Hey Lake...it's not called whipped, it's called class
Old     (to_blind)      Join Date: Mar 2007       09-08-2008, 11:57 AM Reply   
AtTheLake, you are over 40 years of age and posting statements that don't make sense. Just a reminder.
Old     (liquidmx)      Join Date: Jun 2005       09-08-2008, 12:15 PM Reply   
Dude, those skills are like a 2 point swing! Take a "7" add that list and she is immediately a "9"!!!!