Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 22, 2006

Old     (tings00)      Join Date: Aug 2005       05-22-2006, 7:27 AM Reply   
so i'm watching nbc yesterday and this mastercraft water ski competition from new york is on. its starts with ski jumping, then womens slalom. and i think to myself i bet their will some wakeboarding on at the end. you know save the best for last, but no. it goes into some short board trick skiing thing that could be gayer then mens figure skating. then to top it off some mens slalom. how annoying, no wakeboarding at all. but i did get to see an interview with the ceo of mastercraft saying how great they are because they are so innovative in the industry. well to sum up my frustration why the heck cant they televise wakeboarding. i thought it was a commonly known thing that wakeboarding sales have out done all other water sports so you would think there would be higher ratings for wakeboarding.
Old     (byrd)      Join Date: Dec 2005       05-22-2006, 8:12 AM Reply   
I still think the 3 event waterskiers are waiting for the wakeboard "Fad" to be over with so they can say "I told you so...." They still dont think wakeboarding is worthy of their recognition.
Old     (tings00)      Join Date: Aug 2005       05-22-2006, 8:27 AM Reply   
that trick ski stuff was kinda odd, it seem like the just wrap them selfs up in the rope and then un wrap, and then they do thes little back rolls that look like their head barely misses the water. and all the routines looked nearly identical. i can believe something like that would get air time over wakeboarding
Old     (cryptic22)      Join Date: Apr 2002       05-22-2006, 9:11 AM Reply   
The Master’s is being broadcast this weekend. Starting on Friday you can watch it live here: http://www.masterslive.net/

Don’t worry, we’ll cover the wakeboarding!
Old    mplv            05-22-2006, 10:26 AM Reply   
trick skiing has been around for 50 years. old people watch tv on sunday. old people hate wakeboarders and their noisy boats and big wakes. old people watch trick skiing on tv because they used to do it during "the" war. i bet all the commercials were for depends and gold bond powder and metamucil.