Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (stotts12)      Join Date: Dec 2008       03-14-2013, 10:05 AM Reply   
http://www.unleashedwakemag.com/?p=6338

what do you guys think true or not?
Old     (steezyshots)      Join Date: Feb 2008       03-14-2013, 10:15 AM Reply   
That would be awesome!
Old     (wakecis)      Join Date: Jun 2005       03-14-2013, 12:36 PM Reply   
there was a 3 event tournament in queens in 2005. i emailed the event director and said 'BUILD A PARK'. not saying i had anything to do with it....but there is some precedent with the city getting involved with watersport. I live blocks away. this would be unreal.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       03-14-2013, 12:49 PM Reply   
Hope they build a dock going around the lake side. This would be enormous in terms of promoting the building of new parks.
Old     (04outback)      Join Date: Jul 2007       03-17-2013, 11:17 AM Reply   
gonna say not based on NYC Weather. to short of a period to ride... AND, guessing the NYC crowd is not the most probable demographic of the Wake Scene?

There is a wake school out in the hamptons... and a MC Dealer north of town.. in port Jefferson.. but.... hmmm.. where do you keep your gear in your Manhattan apartment?
Old     (hawkeye7708)      Join Date: Feb 2007       03-17-2013, 12:32 PM Reply   
I could see a park going up to service the area, simply based on population, however, Central Park wouldn't be the venue. I'd be shocked.
Old     (paulharenberg)      Join Date: Jul 2007       03-17-2013, 3:39 PM Reply   
The population and tourism could make it economical, even with the season. Manhattan prices could make it profitable.

If the wheels ever got rolling I would love to witness the planning board meetings on the proposed park as whoever the developer/planner/engineer is would spend a bunch of time explaining what a wakeboard is, and then many meetings fighting with the tree huggers on disturbing the park..
Old     (thehubbit)      Join Date: Feb 2013       03-20-2013, 12:09 PM Reply   
too cold most of the year.
Old     (wakemitch)      Join Date: Jun 2005       03-20-2013, 4:01 PM Reply   
I dont see weather as an issue. Europe has a ton of cables that are seasonal.
I bet a lot of tourists would visit the cable which could make the park some money.
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       03-23-2013, 10:32 AM Reply   
"If you build it, they will come"

NYC has a solid 6-month season (April 15-Oct 15) maybe longer so that should not be a factor.
The small wake produced by wakeboards should not have any effect on the shoreline. There is no internal combustion engine involved so no water or air pollution.

If they were to install light towers they could extend each days riding time by several hours, plus it would make central park safer at night....at least during business hours for the cablepark.

Having cable wakeboarding in one of the biggest cities in the world would be a huge boost to the industry. I hope this happens.