Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through November 14, 2005

Old    kvanderg            11-10-2005, 4:17 PM Reply   
I have a 2005 Supra Launch 22SSV Gravity Games edition and was wondering what people have tried or tweaked to get as much wake as possible?

I know the Supra 21V guys are running long 600# center locker bags on each side of the motor and a 1000# GG bag up front. Has anyone tried this on a 22SSV?

Looking for 22SSV wake pics along with set up information... you know... boat speed, rope length, # ballast, how many people in the boat, plate setting, horsepower, perfect pass settings, etc.

More info the better.

Thanx.
Old     (jon_a)      Join Date: Feb 2003       11-10-2005, 6:07 PM Reply   
I rode mainly behind a 22SSV for most of the latter part of the summer. We ran Gravity Games Ballast, 1000 up front and 600 on each side of the engine. Wakeplate was about 3/4 up. We ran at 22.5 mph, 70ft rope, 4-5 in the boat. 320 hp with 4 Blade CNC prop 13.7x17.5. We could have used a lower pitch prop. I forget the exact perfect pass settings. Sorry no pic but the wake was great.
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       11-11-2005, 8:11 AM Reply   
Kevin , from what I've heard, jon is running the baot one of the best ways...I know a local guy that has anohter few hundred pounds of lead equally distributed, but you can't beat 2200#'s of ballast at the flip of a switch.
Old     (bbr)      Join Date: Apr 2002       11-11-2005, 8:22 AM Reply   
Kevin, here is what I run in my boat. I use the standard bag up front, there is only so much room and I just fill the hell out of the bag. I up graded the bags in the rear lockers to the Fly High 450+, filled to the max. I use these because I still have some room on top of the bag for storage. With the GG bags they actually lift the locker doors up. I added about 200 lbs of lead to each rear locker to make up for the smaller bags. Once those are full, I fill a 500lb sac across the bow, and a 750 across the back seat. Since it usually is just two or three of us, this set up seems to work great. My prop is a 13.5 X 16 and gets me out of the water just fine. Wakeplate in just about 3/4 down. I'll try to find you some pics of the wake. We ride at 25 mph on a 78' rope.
Old    kvanderg            11-11-2005, 8:32 AM Reply   
Thanx guys.

Someone out there has the magic 22SSV combo... and I would like to give them the chance to brag about it. Thats me... always thinking of others

Any pictures? They are worth a thousand words ya know
Old     (nauty)      Join Date: Feb 2004       11-11-2005, 9:51 AM Reply   
I have a 2004 SSV which is basically the same boat except for the tower. Here is the set up I run for mine:

Bow - 1000 lbs

I have 200 lbs of rubber coated iron weight lifting plates underneather the side cusions. In the locker I have a custom made sac that fills up every inch of space except for the last 18 inches or so at the very front of the bow. This sac cubes out to weigh around 800 lbs.

Stern - 1100-1600 lbs

I had two custom sacs made to the exact dimensions of the GG rear sacs (42x19x19). These cube out to be 545 lbs each. However, that is only if the sacs were to fill exactly to the seams. Since they stretch out past the seams when completely filled, it's estimated that they weigh close to 800 lbs each.

That is pretty much it. I don't use any additional sacs. Just the 2100-2600 lbs at the flip of a switch. Here are some pics with this set up. All the sacs are full and there are two adults in the boat and one in tow. The picture with the invert is with the wake plate 3/4 up. The other one is with the plate all the way down.

Old     (stanfield)      Join Date: Mar 2004       11-11-2005, 11:15 AM Reply   
04 SSV w/ gravity sacks full, 4-5 peeps in the boat, and plate 3/4 up.

Old    kvanderg            11-12-2005, 7:16 AM Reply   
Good stuff... anyone else?
Old     (john30)      Join Date: Nov 2003       11-13-2005, 8:49 AM Reply   
Supra's are pretty sweet boats. My buddy has an 04 Launch and the wake looks similar to your wake stanfield. Crisp and rampy. If I ever upgraded it would prolly be the SSV. I still like the 3 legged towers though.
Old     (bbr)      Join Date: Apr 2002       11-13-2005, 8:07 PM Reply   
Kevin here is one of mine, I am 6'0" and am at 78'. I had to crop it a ton to make it fit.
Old    kvanderg            11-14-2005, 10:20 AM Reply   
Now that I see what everyone else is running and the resulting wake on the 22SSV, I will tweak mostly rope length and boat speed and work on my technique.

Thanx for the help.

KV