Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       04-26-2013, 8:51 AM Reply   
THANK YOU EVERYONE WHO HELPED!

Last year I had bugged everyone for donations for my Fiance's fundraiser for the Children's Miracle Network as part of the Miss America Pageant system.... it occurred to me that I never posted up the results of the pageant.

Big thanks to those who donated ... some of the big ones were Hyperlite/HO, CIRE, CWB, local marina (now out of business).

As for my Fiance'... she got 2nd place.... she is my silver medal. I am bias, but she totally should have won, and the girl who won got FAR less applause from the crowd, so I wasn't alone in thinking she got screwed.... She did win prelim awards in talent and swimsuit and over two years of "pageanting" brought home more than $15,000 in scholarships.

.... but since she didn't win, that does mean we're finally going to get married (4 year engagement due to college / pageants).

Despite not winning she did raise more money than any other girl by triple. Her "basket raffle" brought in over $5,000 in a weekend and hopefully made some kid's life a little brighter.

Thanks again everyone, I appreciate everything you guys did to help!
...and since it will be asked, photos:

Talent was opera -

She is getting ready for the boat bun thread -

Evening Gown -

" uh, some people out there in our nation don't have maps and, uh, I believe that our education like such as in South Africa" ..... On stage question.

Top 2 -

My present to her on her final night - a beautiful mall portrait, of myself.

Thanks again everyone here on WW!