Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Other Water Sports > Other Water Sports

Old     (insuranceman)      Join Date: Jun 2005       07-13-2006, 7:20 AM Reply   
As of 07/13/2006 the US Consumer Product Safety Commission has recalled the Wego Kite Tube.

For those who already have one they can be returned to the company by callin 866-831-5524.

We all knew this one would not last long.
Old     (jaybird)      Join Date: May 2006       07-13-2006, 7:28 AM Reply   
ok now I REALLY want one
JJ
Old     (seanmcd)      Join Date: Jul 2006       07-13-2006, 7:32 AM Reply   
THATS SUCKS!!

Why cant I fly high into the air and then fall to the water, breaking multiple bones if I want to? Shouldn't that be my god given right?

LOL, Sean
Old    walt            07-13-2006, 7:43 AM Reply   
I wonder how many law suits there are at this point ?
Old    ilovetrains            07-13-2006, 8:15 AM Reply   
I wonder how many deaths? Seams like I heard about at least 1 a weekend all summer. I read on a kite (the real kind) forum about some girl who lost her best friend and there were plaintiff lawyers on there trolling for business.
Old     (wakespecialty)      Join Date: Feb 2005       07-13-2006, 9:32 AM Reply   
i can't believe this product ever made it to market here in the states. seems to have put that company in a world of risk. i worked for a company that made tubes and towables, some considered "stunt" tubes that could slide and roll in succession. we always had internal debate of "hiding" behind the warning (may cause injury or death) and pure common sense. the labels say not to go over 24mph - is that boat speed or tube speed? do you "whip" your riders? is it a battle between driver and rider? do you really keep it at 24mph? aren't tubes considered watersports for drinkers by many? when i first saw that product i knew there would be many shops flat out refuse to sell it based on common sense and fear. i don't know who is more stupid, the manufacturer or the people who bought it to put their family and friends at such risk. saw this pic on dallaswakeboarding.com today. f me - look closely at the difference between the tube and the rider. beyond stupid.
Upload

(Message edited by wakespecialty on July 13, 2006)
Old    ilovetrains            07-13-2006, 9:35 AM Reply   
Wow - that guy must be over 50 feet in the air. I am not sure how you even do that. We got one up to 45-50 feet by accident, but brother in law was hanging on for deer life.
Old     (iagainsti)      Join Date: Apr 2004       07-13-2006, 9:57 AM Reply   
Is that the rider at the top of the trees ? OMG !! Thats insane !! Are we sure that isnt photoshopped ?

(Message edited by iagainsti on July 13, 2006)
Old     (bftskir)      Join Date: Jan 2004       11-24-2006, 3:08 PM Reply   
All the graduates from the teak surfing school ran out and bought kite tubes because they saw the huge potential for death and lawsuits.