Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 16, 2005

Old    dmonnny123            05-04-2005, 9:25 AM Reply   
Hey, I'm a 23 year old male, weigh 170, size 11 shoe, and am 6'1". I recently purchased the HYPERLITE TEMET 138.1
After purchasing this board I have recently noticed the TEMET 142. I like the graphics on this board a lot lot better and I want to know will the change in size be noticable to me at all.. Am i setting myself up for failure? I have gotten a lot of mixed signals... please let me know. i have already orderded online the 138.1 but i really like the graphics on the 142. Please help me.. Which one should I use? I am beginner / intermediate wakeboarder..

i live and wakeboard on a lake.. a pretty big one.. so its generally choppy most of the time.. but there are times when i go on a calm "like glass" lake.. so i dont know what to do... I really like the graphics on the 142.. but have been told i should keep the 138 cuz it fits my weight class and will perform better for me cuz its smaller and not as heavy and clunkier.. i just want a nice board that will perfrom nicley for me.. i like to ride for long periods and jump the wake and try to jump higher sometimes.. like i said im new to then sport... so i dunno.. still in a dilemma?
.. i need all the opinions i can get.. I dont really know how many spins and flips ill be doin just yet.. prolly not too many.. im just learning how to jump the wakes higher and higher and land and not fall.. Which board? PLEASE HELP!! Thanks, DAN
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       05-04-2005, 10:21 AM Reply   
Always base your decision on what board looks the best. The size and/or shape really doesn't matter at all. I think you should get the 142. Don't forget to buy a new pink shirt & to flip that collar WAY up!!
Old    robertt            05-04-2005, 11:09 AM Reply   
I would gladly buy a purple and yellow board that had the word "wanker" all over it if it made me better.

I have alot to learn. This whole time I have been looking at size and shape only.

I do have a pink shirt though.
Old     (derek_h)      Join Date: Oct 2004       05-04-2005, 12:14 PM Reply   
Go with the one that looks better. But in my opinion you should get the o'brien vixin 132'. You will get alot of looks riding that board.
Old     (thane_dogg)      Join Date: Jun 2002       05-04-2005, 12:18 PM Reply   
pink shirts are for guys who are so insecure in their sexuality that they feel the need to proclaim how "secure" they are.

get the 142 if you like it.

I'm 5'9" 145 and rode a 141 for a long time.
Old     (wake_upppp)      Join Date: Nov 2003       05-04-2005, 2:02 PM Reply   
Man ur not tweakin on this just a bit are u? Two threads in two days. Get the friggin 142, you'll be fine. Think how much easier nose and tail grabs will be with that extra 2 centimeters on each end!
Old     (toolfan)      Join Date: Jul 2003       05-04-2005, 2:11 PM Reply   
I cant vouch for the board, but Big Heavy is dead on about the pink shirt thing.
Old    dmonnny123            05-04-2005, 9:02 PM Reply   
got one of those.. gotta couple.... still i dont know what board.... basically what are the pros/cons of a bigger board / smaller board?
Old     (kristian)      Join Date: Nov 2002       05-05-2005, 4:42 AM Reply   
the 142 is better suited to your size. I'm 6'1" about 190lbs and ride a 145. A board thats too small will feel edgier and spin fast but thats not what you need right now. You want a board that you can control well for your size, 138 is a little small for you. bigger board will also have more "pop" and landings will be softer.
Old    robertt            05-05-2005, 5:22 AM Reply   
All joking aside...I just started boarding a few day ago...and have a 138.

I am 33 years old, 6' 5", 250lbs. I guess I should get a bigger board. Hearing about people under 200lbs needing a bigger board....man....a 138 must be way too small for me.