Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 05, 2004

Old     (board4food1)      Join Date: Jul 2002       04-28-2004, 1:59 PM Reply   
from one gimp to another GET WELL SOON!!! haha just kidding.

hope your recovery is smooth and short!

Danny
Old     (colorider)      Join Date: Jun 2001       04-28-2004, 2:04 PM Reply   
Get that girl a bottle of Patron. Stat.
Old    swass            04-28-2004, 2:15 PM Reply   
I think she's wanted for murder after the last one she had!
Old     (blabel)      Join Date: Jul 2001       04-28-2004, 3:09 PM Reply   
I second the Patron, seemed to work well the first time!

Get well soon Christie.
Old     (hatepwcs)      Join Date: Mar 2002       04-28-2004, 6:26 PM Reply   
Get well soon Christie. I missed this post last week and I'm racked with guilt!!!
Old    wakelvr            04-29-2004, 9:31 PM Reply   
UPDATE on Christie:

Christie can't get to a computer right now so I told her I would update you all again. Doctor found NO SOFT TISSUE DAMAGE (good news)!!! Doctor inserted one desolving screw on the top inside of the tibia, and two permanent screws on the sides. It sounds like the doctor did exactly as he predicted he would (see Christie's comments above). Christie can elaborate when she feels better.

Glad surgery went well Christie!!! Here's to a speedy yet thorough recovery!

Old     (blabel)      Join Date: Jul 2001       04-29-2004, 9:34 PM Reply   
Sweet! Sounds like it went well. Best wishes.
Old    eyesman            04-29-2004, 9:36 PM Reply   
Thanks Stefani,

I say Christie is behind a boat by 4th of July Give her my best please.

Dave
Old     (cdm)      Join Date: Aug 2003       04-29-2004, 9:57 PM Reply   
to a speedy recovery.
Old     (cfisher)      Join Date: Apr 2002       05-01-2004, 7:09 PM Reply   
Thanks for all the encouragement everyone! I have been very much out of it for the last few days, but I am hoping I got over the worst of it last night.

One of my employees came over to my friend's house today to setup a wireless network for me so I could sit here in bed and get connected.

Doctor Octagon stopped by for a quick visit today, but he forgot his camera. Otherwise, we would have opened the bandage and posted a pic of the carnage.

My surgeon said he took lots of pics for me and I am hoping to get them on Wed. when I go for my post opt appt. Maybe I will get them to someone to scan it so we can post some of of the internal pics.

Thanks again everyone for the encouraging and for all the calls and visits. I hope to see you all out on the water soon!
Old     (cfisher)      Join Date: Apr 2002       05-03-2004, 3:50 PM Reply   
Here's a current pic. It isn't the great quality because it was taken with a cell phone, but you get the idea of what state I'm in. Notice the "barf bucket" in the foreground

barf pic

I'll get pics of the surgery damage as soon as I get my camera over here and open the bandages!

Old     (cfisher)      Join Date: Apr 2002       05-03-2004, 11:03 PM Reply   
Here are a couple of pics of the surgery damage:

pic1

pic2
Old     (kristian)      Join Date: Nov 2002       05-03-2004, 11:16 PM Reply   
So it all went well, great news! Permanent screws, say goodbye to getting through the airport without getting frisked.
Hope you feel better soon!
Old     (deepstructure)      Join Date: Jun 2002       05-03-2004, 11:19 PM Reply   
OMG! damn that doesn't even look human girl! sheesh! crazy.
Old     (paulsmith)      Join Date: Mar 2002       05-04-2004, 6:08 AM Reply   
That's it, I officially no longer wakeboard!

Get well soon, Christie!
Old     (blabel)      Join Date: Jul 2001       05-04-2004, 6:23 AM Reply   
OMG he forgot to deflate your leg!

Youch!
Old     (colorider)      Join Date: Jun 2001       05-04-2004, 8:51 AM Reply   
Its just a flesh wound! Hang in there girl. You will be on the water in no time.
Old    wakelvr            05-04-2004, 9:13 AM Reply   
There goes breakfast!!

See you in a couple of hours girl:-) I was going to bring lunch but I think I lost my appetite! J/K
Old    norcal_99            05-04-2004, 9:38 AM Reply   
Crutches suck. Get well soon Christie.
Old     (wakejumper8)      Join Date: Sep 2002       05-04-2004, 3:05 PM Reply   
Was that barf bucket for you or for us after those pics? Thanks for sharing!
I hope your over the "hump", now each day will get better and better. The body heals so fast, its pretty amazing when you look at the big picture!
Old     (wakeboardrn)      Join Date: May 2002       05-04-2004, 3:46 PM Reply   
Actually the pictures look pretty good!! (from the eyes of a nurse anyway)

Get better soon!!
Old     (cfisher)      Join Date: Apr 2002       05-04-2004, 4:23 PM Reply   
Kristian - I love your personal quote...made me laugh!!

Stef - Thanks for coming to visit and making me lunch today.

Patty - I agree. It does look good for being less than a week after surgery, but as you see above, it is bad enough to ruin some appetites :-)
Old     (phantom5815)      Join Date: Jul 2002       05-04-2004, 6:10 PM Reply   
At least you'll heal much quicker with a bone break than a Ligament tear......just trying to put things in perspective.
On a brighter note, those pics aren't as bad as the ones I saw today after a young lady had her entire arm de-gloved by a bear attack .

hang in there.......you'll be good as new before you know it
Old     (levi)      Join Date: Feb 2001       05-04-2004, 6:19 PM Reply   
like I said to the last guy who broke his leg wakeskating..... "Rub some dirt on it and get back in there!" :-)