Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through June 08, 2008

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (norcalmalibu)      Join Date: Jun 2004       05-13-2008, 4:20 PM Reply   
I recently had the subs in my boats redone by Acme Tunes and Tops. I was un happy with the performance of my TC Sounds and wanted a professional to takle the project. After careful consideration of different products I ended up going with the new boston SPG555s and a single JL 1000/1v2 amp. The install went smoothly and man did these things pound so much that they are at 1/4 power and my ears still hurt!

So fast forward to a couple weeks later my EQ died in my boat. It was an old unit that i figured just had its final days. So I got ahold of duane at NVS for a replacement. Duanes repuation for excellent customer holds true. I told him I would be out riding on a Friday after noon near disco bay and he drove out in his own boat out and met me on the water and we swapped out EQs on the delta. So I continue on with my day and then my Tower speakers stop working which are a week old. I look at the amp a zapco amp and the terminals had caught on fire and melted off I'm thinking at this point I cant get a break here. So pull the amp out droped it of with Duane and had it serviced.

Fast forward two weeks get the stereo going everything sounds good in the garage. Get out on the delta and I can tell right away that something is wrong with the tower speakers.

At this point im pissed and just flat out done with the boat. I dont have the time to rip it all apart and figure out what is going on.

So I got ahold of Ben told him whats going on and to see if he can help. Keep in mind this is the week of Cino De Mayo Weekend. I think his exact words are "get me the boat as fast as you can and I will have it ready for you by the weekend". I dropped the boat off at the shop and it was packed there was already three other boats in the shop so I knew it was getting fit in where time allowed. Which I greatly appreciated. So fast forward a couple days, I stop by the shop and Ben tells me all the 6x9s are blown up due to the amp settings. Apparently Zapco changed the settings during the rebuild and I never bothered to look I pluged it in and blew up all my speakers. Now I need to warrenty out my JL's which are a week old. Thiswould be a couple week turn around time easily. Ben offered to loan me a set of Boston Acustic speakers for my tower while my JLs were getting warrentied. Now if this is not customer service I dont know what is. I picked up the boat on Friday and it was perfect. It sounded better then ever as the team spent time tuning all three of my amps, I went out that weekend and have not had a problem since.

I highly reccommend Duane at NVS and Ben at Acme Tune for any stereo needs. I cant say enough good things about them both.