Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through February 11, 2004

Old     (cfisher)      Join Date: Apr 2002       01-13-2004, 6:53 PM Reply   
A cold, foggy January Sunday at the Delta with Greg landing a Raley for the first time!! Actually, he landed three in a row.

Riders include: Rob Thorson, Henry Gonzales, Cory Kopowski, Greg Sandford, Christie Fisher and a special fly by on the 50 by Tammy Sauer.

http://www.wakepics.com/view_single.php?medid=9770
}
Old     (dococ)      Join Date: Mar 2002       01-13-2004, 9:14 PM Reply   
I don't get it. Can somebody explain the title to me?
Old     (cfisher)      Join Date: Apr 2002       01-13-2004, 9:20 PM Reply   
Jimmy - I knew someone was going to ask!

Cold water, four dudes, one chick - enough hints?
Old     (tparider)      Join Date: Aug 2003       01-14-2004, 6:15 AM Reply   
hilarious title.
Old    tammy            01-14-2004, 7:59 AM Reply   
Oh my gosh that was great.... Henry it is nice to see you, even if it is on tape.... Great job Christie...

(Message edited by Tammy on January 14, 2004)
Old     (toyotafreak)      Join Date: Sep 2003       01-14-2004, 8:32 AM Reply   
Here's the license plate for your truck: SIK FISH

Keep 'em coming!!!!!!!
Old     (speedy)      Join Date: Apr 2002       01-14-2004, 2:46 PM Reply   
Greg, you should land your raley switch. You were in position for it on a few of those attempts.

Mark
Old    gman100            01-14-2004, 3:00 PM Reply   
Mark, Yea, I noticed that too. Did you see some of my failed attempts at the end. I don't know how but I am pulling off some sort of exorcist move with my body. My toes are pointing up and my face is pointing down.
Old     (dococ)      Join Date: Mar 2002       01-14-2004, 4:08 PM Reply   
Greg, that's called "stargazing." Too much weight on your back foot will cause the board to do that, and if you don't fight to keep your head level, your body will follow. (Yeah, I know, if I'm so smart, then how come I'm not the one doing raleys?)
Old    gman100            01-14-2004, 4:57 PM Reply   
Jimmy, It sure felt like I was stargazing a few times when I didn't land that trick. I also learned if I rotate the board the other way it's called a 911. I will have to practice straightening it out then try the 911.
The reason your not doing Raley's is just that, because your smart :-)

(Message edited by gman100 on January 14, 2004)
Old    stormrider            01-14-2004, 6:18 PM Reply   
Greg, I'm no where near your level but my take on the last few raley attempts is that you looked fatigued and cold.
Old     (deepstructure)      Join Date: Jun 2002       01-14-2004, 6:58 PM Reply   
nice vid christie - that fog looked awesome. great riding by all again. nice to see henry in a vid again too.

that title wins hands down imo.
Old    wakelvr            01-14-2004, 10:19 PM Reply   
Great video and riding as usual. You people are crazy! Tell me, can you even feel your toes out there? It was frrrreeeezzzing this weekend!

NOTE: When the toes go numb (or purple), it's time to stop!

Old     (cfisher)      Join Date: Apr 2002       01-15-2004, 10:33 AM Reply   
Thanks, everyone!

Stef - your feet don't even notice the cold! I have a huge bruise on my foot where something hit it in the water after I got ejected. I never felt a thing!!! hahahaha
Old    eyesman            01-15-2004, 2:39 PM Reply   
Greg,

you are progressing so quickly its stupid. good job man!! wish i carried my balls in a wheel barrow so i could try some of those. unfortunately i have a harry potter scar between my eyes to remind me that i should not try new tricks. at this point i am seeing you landing a TANTRUM by the time drysuits are not needed this year.

Old     (dococ)      Join Date: Mar 2002       01-15-2004, 4:52 PM Reply   
Ice is right. You've got the natural pop for the tanny.