Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through June 21, 2006

Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       06-07-2006, 3:06 PM Reply   
Now that the summer is here I can't put off getting some racks any longer so I was wondering what WW peeps had out there??

I was looking for something nice and practical like my MC racks are.They don't need to be clamp but something that won't trash boards and is NOT going to "rattle" me crazy!

here is a pic for a starting point:

Upload
Old     (mossy44)      Join Date: Oct 2001       06-07-2006, 3:20 PM Reply   
Ed,

I have two of the monster tower racks. I have had ZERO problems with them and they fit on the crossbars above your existing racks (to the side of the speakers).

They also have the "quick release" for when I put my tower down (which is rarely).

Here is the link.... http://monstertower.com/accessory1.html
Old     (easyrider)      Join Date: Oct 2003       06-07-2006, 3:34 PM Reply   
are you kidding me with those speakers!? holy boom!
Old     (phat_in_cincy)      Join Date: May 2003       06-07-2006, 6:00 PM Reply   
I have the older version Monster rack and it has performed flawlessly. The only drawback is that I can't pivot them up down, but they do rotate. I think the newer Monster rack forks slide so you can adjust their width based on binding stance.
You can see in the picture where I put it when needed. It'll clear the trailer guides when loading/launching, but not by much.
Upload
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       06-07-2006, 6:37 PM Reply   
Matt,thanks for that link,those look like something I would like.

Any feedback on those monstertower racks???
Old     (mossy44)      Join Date: Oct 2001       06-08-2006, 6:52 AM Reply   
not sure if you were worried about it, but i have the same speaker set up and there is plenty of room/clearance on that crossbar to mount them.
Old     (rake)      Join Date: Jun 2003       06-08-2006, 8:18 AM Reply   
Ed,

I have a set of the original monster racks like Paul's on the top crossbar of my 205V (I'll post a pic tonight) The new version that Matt is referencing are the ones Trevor has on his 2001.

The original racks were tight on thick boards and the rubber at the "U" was a little thin leaving some boards dinged if they bounced around. The new generation (like Trevor has) have much thicker rubber in the "U" and they have widened the slots as well as making the forks width adjustable. The only downside if any to the new racks is the "bump" they use to hold the boards tight in the now wider slots tend to leave a black rubber mark on your board from pushing it in and pulling it out. The marks always wipe right off but it is something to be aware of. For the money, they are a solid product and the quick release is a must if you put the tower up and down to store your boat. (like I have to do)

Gordon

(Message edited by Rake on June 08, 2006)
Old     (rake)      Join Date: Jun 2003       06-08-2006, 8:47 PM Reply   
Ed,

Here is a couple of shots of the original Monster racks on the upper crossbars.

Gordon

Upload
Old     (rake)      Join Date: Jun 2003       06-08-2006, 8:49 PM Reply   
The other pic

Upload
Old     (phat_in_cincy)      Join Date: May 2003       06-09-2006, 4:46 AM Reply   
Gordon,
Great shots of your boat...especially with "Old Glory" in the background. Nice clean look.

How did/do you get your racks to not rotate on the horizontal bar? My understanding is that the Monster racks are not meant to be mounted horizontally. Ever have any problems mounted that way?
Old     (mossy44)      Join Date: Oct 2001       06-09-2006, 7:24 AM Reply   
mine slipped once. and that was only one of them. i just tightened them down nice and tight and i havent had any problems at all. i have the monster racks mounted in the same place as gordon.
Old     (rake)      Join Date: Jun 2003       06-09-2006, 7:38 AM Reply   
Paul,

I just got this boat so I'll report back if the start slipping over time. As long as the clamps are kept tight I hope it won't be an issue. I do acknowledge that they don't recommend the horizontal mounting and may move them to the rear leg just above the horizontal bar if it is a problem.

Gordon
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       06-13-2006, 5:04 PM Reply   
That's a great lookin boat,CONGRATS again!!

I ordered the rack today.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       06-13-2006, 5:16 PM Reply   
What is everyone doing for a second set of racks for the new tower that was introduced in 05?

Old     (mossy44)      Join Date: Oct 2001       06-14-2006, 7:35 AM Reply   
jrod, if you help me out with a new '05 boat, i will spend hours and hours figuring out which is the best rack and then i can let you know
Old     (lcky275)      Join Date: Jul 2002       06-14-2006, 8:50 AM Reply   
I've got a set of the Monster Tower racks and the only gripe I have about them is they leave black crap all over my boards. I cut that U shaped rubber piece off of one fork so it wouldn't screw up the EVA foam on my Broadcast surfer.
Old     (phat_in_cincy)      Join Date: May 2003       06-14-2006, 8:59 AM Reply   
Here are some on-the-water shots of our Monster rack location. It does hinder view out the side window...as you can imagine.

Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       06-14-2006, 9:53 PM Reply   
Jrod,I think there is universal inserts that will fit your tower too,if you go to the link provided I think it explains about different sizes.