Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through September 10, 2007

Old     (senna1)      Join Date: Jun 2006       09-07-2007, 8:47 AM Reply   
So here in Washington state with the new boat tags for the year was a CO2 warning sticker that is supposed to be put in a visible location in your boat.

I went to count how many warning stickers are already on my boat but ran out of fingers. Before putting on another sticker, I was thinking about removing all of them.

I'm sure someone has done this? I would think it would be pretty easy with a little Goof-Off but I need to make sure that won't hurt the gel coat.
Old     (illkid)      Join Date: Sep 2006       09-07-2007, 8:53 AM Reply   
Yeah you could take them off, but be prepared to get cited next time you inspected by the sheriff.
Old     (epic1)      Join Date: Oct 2006       09-07-2007, 9:03 AM Reply   
I thought they were like matress tags, and once you OWN the boat you can take them off.
Old     (mobv)      Join Date: Jun 2002       09-07-2007, 9:05 AM Reply   
I removed all the stickers from my 2005 boat, inspected by TWRA 4 times this year, no questions or comments about missing stickers.
Old     (ghostrider_2)      Join Date: Aug 2004       09-07-2007, 9:19 AM Reply   
I've been inspected 2x up here in WA. both times they asked where are the stickers. I told them at home, they asked do you understand what the stickers are warning you of, I replied sure do, and I feel I don't need a sticker to remind me. they would then move on to other things like the CGA vests, etc.
Old     (noti_dad)      Join Date: Jul 2003       09-07-2007, 10:08 AM Reply   
The only stickerr left on mine is the Co2 sticker. Put it on the engine hinge cover on the transom. Never been stopped or asked yet about anything (knock, knock).
Old     (zo1)      Join Date: Aug 2002       09-07-2007, 11:15 AM Reply   
Maybe this varies state to state but from my understanding the only "decal" that you are required to have is the capicity and weight limit stickers and even that goes out the window once you hit a 23' boat or something like that...