Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 12, 2008

Old     (gently27)      Join Date: Jan 2004       04-24-2008, 12:56 PM Reply   
Help - I just moved to Eugene Oregon and need to know what the best lakes/rivers for wakeboarding are. I don't mind up to a 2 hour drive. I've heard Diamon Lake is pretty decent... any other suggestions?? Camping areas on the lakes would help as well. Please let me know -
Old     (mastercraft1995)      Join Date: Nov 2002       04-24-2008, 1:14 PM Reply   
Blue River.
Old     (waketherainbow)      Join Date: Oct 2007       04-24-2008, 2:13 PM Reply   
I'm just an out of state freshman at the University of Oregon so I am not an expert on where to ride. I rode in Newburg, just outside of Portland, a couple of weeks ago. I also think that Fern Ridge is fairly popular.
Old     (hart_keene)      Join Date: Feb 2008       04-26-2008, 9:38 AM Reply   
What up Bro!!! Welcome to Eugene! I have lived here all my life and sell boats down here at Staff Jennings so if you have any boat needs please come see us!

So here is the list of lakes within a 20-30 minute drive. We are so f-ing lucky here!

1)Fern Ridge- My spot! We call it the ditch cuz its kind of dirty lookin but that is just because its very shallow. I am heading out there today actually after work in the 07 Supreme Baby!

2)Fall Creek- I love this lake but it can get really busy during the summer and especially on weekends. But if you want to go out and party hit it up on the weekends where everyone ties up in "the cove" to get their drink on.

3)Dexter Lake- This lake is cold year around but full year round as well. That is why I take customers here for demos. In the summer you can find good water there cuz folks are hittin up Fall Creek which is just around the corner.

4)Lookout- I heard that they paved everything so it is very accessible but havent hit this place up in a few years. Near Dexter and Fall Creek as well.

5)Cottage Grove Lake- A nice spot. Just head north on I-5 and follow signs to Cottage Grove.

6)Dorena Lake- Also right near Cottage Grove. Havent been there in a while but I do like this spot.

7) Triangle Lake- This is a really cool spot. It will be about a 45 minute drive and the lake is not very big but if you are the only boat out there or there are a few other boats you can get some good water.

Whew!!!! There you go! These are the spots that are literally a 20-30 minute drive! If you want to drive another hour or two then I can give you a HUGE list. But start with this!;)
Old     (shagman)      Join Date: Sep 2004       04-26-2008, 5:33 PM Reply   
I heard diamond lake has gone to entirely no-wake. I can't confirm that, but you might want to check it out. Even if that is not the case, it is a bit out of the way, and is a colder, high-elevation lake. I think you have many better options closer to Eugene
Old     (eric_z)      Join Date: Jan 2008       04-26-2008, 8:33 PM Reply   
Fern Ridge is a nice lake and I hope it is warmer than the River was today. We went out and it was cold....I was suprised to see quite a few people out boarding on the river. Next time I will make the longer drive to the ditch.
Old     (priszkid)      Join Date: Aug 2007       04-26-2008, 8:48 PM Reply   
i hit "fern ditch" when i want a quick night ride, and drive up just past sweet home to green peter if i have more time to ride.
Old     (eric_z)      Join Date: Jan 2008       04-27-2008, 8:19 AM Reply   
I hit green peter sometimes also. I may looking for a warmer lake early in the season, the river...Not warm.
Old     (gently27)      Join Date: Jan 2004       04-27-2008, 3:26 PM Reply   
Thanks Hart! This helps a lot. If we wanted to camp, would that change the list of options??
Old     (smithwake101)      Join Date: Sep 2007       04-27-2008, 9:04 PM Reply   
no not really fern rige has full hook up for rv but if and fully paved camp ground and boat slips on the dock for camping and showers also fall creek is great thats my favorite spot call nanci smith at blue turns tell her bret smith told you about her she runs blue turns wakeboard school in town on both those lakes 541 729 6613 i grew up there ill see you on the water