Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (lcannon13)      Join Date: Jul 2010       01-26-2012, 8:53 AM Reply   
Anyone know where a good place would be to find some potential wakeboard sales reps?
Old     (bcrider)      Join Date: Apr 2006       01-26-2012, 8:54 AM Reply   
linkedin. Some are on there.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       01-26-2012, 8:54 AM Reply   
For a shop or distribution?
Old     (lcannon13)      Join Date: Jul 2010       01-26-2012, 9:01 AM Reply   
distribution. I have a buddy that is looking for some for a smaller board company. They have a couple already, but they are looking for some in other parts of the country, like Texas, Florida, the Carolinas, etc. I thought people on here might know where or how to find some of these people as I imagine that it would be easier to get someone with experience than train someone from the beginning. I could be wrong.
Old     (TheHebrewHammer)      Join Date: Jun 2011       01-26-2012, 9:11 AM Reply   
How exactly does one become a sales rep?
Old     (lcannon13)      Join Date: Jul 2010       01-26-2012, 9:39 AM Reply   
i guess by saying they want to and having a sales background.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       01-26-2012, 9:55 AM Reply   
Lance,

I'm not sure what brands you're talking about, but you might find value in speaking with CM Slocum, Founder of Synergy Reps. They're a group of independent reps, and distribute a certain roster of brands, like CWB, Billabong, etc.... Wake, moto, surf.......

He probably can't pick up a competitive line of boards, but maybe he could help by introducing you to some candidates. He's well connected, knows everyone, and he's based in Austin. If you're interested I can PM you his email. let me know.
Old     (JoLo_Si)      Join Date: Oct 2011       01-26-2012, 10:11 AM Reply   
Send a board to me and I'll rep it, rep it hard. J/K
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       01-26-2012, 1:32 PM Reply   
www.workinsports.com

www.malakye.com

Those are the only ones I know of. I got a gig with 1080 back in the day from Malakye.com
Old     (yeahhh)      Join Date: Feb 2011       01-26-2012, 1:51 PM Reply   
wakeology is looking for reps
Old     (buffalow)      Join Date: Apr 2002       01-27-2012, 7:48 AM Reply   
Grab (10) of the most vocal/long term riders on WW across the country and get them a board. Spread the word slowly and cheaply. Set them up on your website with a blog and photos. If they believe and are passionate, and get a small cut, they will hustle for you. They don't have to be a pro or even be an insane rider to be able to sell boards and share the stoke. My fat butt has sold countless boards over the last 15 years and was never even close to be a pro. I was always sponsored because of my abilities to talk and sell product. I helped many products get into shops over the years because I wanted others to enjoy what I was enjoying. A rep is great and a great rep is irreplaceable (like CM that JRod mentioned). I am just saying there are other options out there in conjunction with a rep and other marketing tools. Heck maybe a contest to find (10) people. They write/email in with their ideas and you look for people with some connections and lots of good energy. Find wake riders, cable riders, and everything in between. Just thinking outside of the box.
Old     (lcannon13)      Join Date: Jul 2010       01-30-2012, 9:12 AM Reply   
Jason I agree with you on the 10 most vocal/long term riders on WW. Kind of tough to find them, but I like the idea a lot. I have even thought about just linking to their facebook accounts/twitter/whatever social media they use and letting it ride from there. I am all about the slow and steady growth over time. It is all about them getting a cut, in my opinion. Thanks for the info, I will apply it and see how it goes. Any idea of how to find the most active/vocal WW riders?
Old     (TheHebrewHammer)      Join Date: Jun 2011       01-30-2012, 9:42 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by buffalow View Post
Heck maybe a contest to find (10) people. They write/email in with their ideas and you look for people with some connections and lots of good energy. Find wake riders, cable riders, and everything in between. Just thinking outside of the box.
Seems like a good place to start.
Old     (dumbguy)      Join Date: Oct 2008       01-31-2012, 9:13 AM Reply   
E mail Brian Allred at Rincon Dist.

brian@rincondist.com

He has been in the industry for 15 years, has a wrapped motorcoach, reps Centurion and knows every Rep in the business. On top of that he has about 50 international distributor contacts.
Old     (yeahhh)      Join Date: Feb 2011       01-31-2012, 4:04 PM Reply   
but repping wakeology would be a death wish..
Old     (lcannon13)      Join Date: Jul 2010       02-06-2012, 8:11 AM Reply   
Why is that? Death wish seems harsh, but what is the difference in repping them or some other young board company?
Old     (Tommy)      Join Date: Aug 2010       02-06-2012, 6:40 PM Reply   
Guys Jason is right on! Establishing yourself in any job takes baby steps. If your really passionate, you will find a way to promote yourself. New lines take time and by taking these boards to the water and getting feedback, you can decide if they are worthy of your time. If you really believe in a product, you can make it work. Everyone is hungry for a new board that pops better, allows you to do more than you have done on previous boards. There is a lot of room out there for new products. It does take product liability insurance however and that is pricy. Most shops like ours have it anyway so sometimes new products can be promoted through local shops. Especially small shops that need another line to strengthen their business.
If you want to be a rep, you need to have a web presence, the ability to use photo shop to a small degree and the ability to sell things. The art of selling can be learned and getting a job at a great shop should get you some training and some relationships with reps and riders. There is so much to talk about out there that anyone has a shot these days of doing their own youtube channel, facebook, twitter, website and if you stay on it, you will attract people that want to do business with you. Stoked to be on this site!

Tommy
www.gettommys.com
Old     (wakerpunk)      Join Date: Jan 2006       02-07-2012, 4:20 AM Reply   
Insert a comment from Nintzel here saying something like " yea i would totally rep for them if i wasn't riding pro for obrien. I have so much industry knowledge blah blah blah."
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       02-07-2012, 8:48 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakerpunk View Post
Insert a comment from Nintzel here saying something like " yea i would totally rep for them if i wasn't riding pro for obrien. I have so much industry knowledge blah blah blah."
Insert jealous $#!T talking, oh wait, you already covered that. Don't be a douche, especially to someone that can crush you on a wakeboard, is a good guy and deserves everything he's earned.
Old     (yeahhh)      Join Date: Feb 2011       02-07-2012, 8:54 AM Reply   
wakerpunk.. hahaha. so good.
Old     (wakerpunk)      Join Date: Jan 2006       02-07-2012, 4:09 PM Reply   
Crush me on a wakeboard? Sorry but I've looked for current photos/videos for like 2 years and the only info i could find on him is conceited, self-written things on this website. Its a tough call to say he's better than me on a wakeboard without seeing any media of him riding... IF i should base my assumptions off his profile for The House, then yes I'm quite sure I am a much more skilled aquatic enthusiast. If i was to base it off his comments from this site then I'm stuck here wondering why I haven't seen him on the pro tour? If saying "I'm surprised Nintzel hasn't chimed in and boasted" is douchie, then consider me Miles Davis.
Old     (adamsilcio)      Join Date: Oct 2007       02-07-2012, 9:26 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakerpunk View Post
Crush me on a wakeboard? Sorry but I've looked for current photos/videos for like 2 years and the only info i could find on him is conceited, self-written things on this website. Its a tough call to say he's better than me on a wakeboard without seeing any media of him riding... IF i should base my assumptions off his profile for The House, then yes I'm quite sure I am a much more skilled aquatic enthusiast. If i was to base it off his comments from this site then I'm stuck here wondering why I haven't seen him on the pro tour? If saying "I'm surprised Nintzel hasn't chimed in and boasted" is douchie, then consider me Miles Davis.
if peein' ya pants is cool, consider me Miles Davis
Old     (jburbo)      Join Date: Sep 2007       02-08-2012, 4:47 AM Reply   
getting off topic fellas. if you want to start a Bash Andy Nintzel thread, go for it. but i dont see any reason for it here, especially when all he did in THIS thread was post information for the OP.
Old     (wakerpunk)      Join Date: Jan 2006       02-08-2012, 5:46 AM Reply   
Well there should be a forum rule in Article 1 section 2.3 that states the following: IF you are going to post on a thread, DO NOT "toot your own horn", "toss your own salad", "marsh your own mallow", etc. etc. etc..... I for one and am sick and tired of seeing Andy plug himself in every effing post. He can't just recommend sources, he has to add that he had a gig with 1080. He can't just be happy for Colin playing with exterior windows, he as to mention that he gave his skanky 12yr old vest to him. He can't just give trick tips to people who ask, he has to start it with well when I'm doing my double mobious i tend to pull the handle to my hip, just like you should for your 180...

On the other side of things i mean i won the local wakeboard contest 2 years in a row, and have gotten a bunch of free gear over the past few seasons so, i would make a killer rep. People in my area know and respect my judgement so if I'm pushing product you know its gettin' sold!
Old     (jsweat)      Join Date: Apr 2007       02-08-2012, 8:39 AM Reply   
my god there are so many effing haters on this site it is getting ridiculous. It is making coming onto this forum more and more difficult because of all of these keyboard cowboys who talk $h!t behind their computer screen. Yes Andy may always relate himself in any advice he gives so that he can make it credible. If he was to just put out advice by throwing out those websites people may think it is too good to be true. By also stating that it helped him get a gig with a reputable company it shows some reasoning to actually try these companies. If you have a problem with someone on here address it in a PM or make a phone call to them and hash it out. I am tired of coming on here and seeing people bash each other and also bashing pros at the same time. Our sport is too small to turn on each other. Instead we should try and pass the stoke on. Its real easy to badmouth someone over the internet it really makes you a tough guy. Give it a rest it is making a lot of people especially myself sick of coming onto this site because of the soap opera bs. Get off his dick and grow up, who cares if he toots his own horn he has worked hard to get what he has gotten. Instead maybe you should look at his model for his success and try and fix where you think he made mistakes to make your model for success better. Coming on here and ranting like a five year old is getting old and there are way to many haters on this site.

It would be nice if more pros came on here and gave advice, but they read these threads and are probably disgusted by the massive hatred placed towards them because people are jealous. Our sport will never get as big as it should because of the recreational rider who thinks that they have the right to talk $h!t about the 2% of the riders who are actually pro. When instead they should be trying to duplicate their moves and fix there shortcomings, to try and garner the same success if not more. END RANT.
Old     (wakerpunk)      Join Date: Jan 2006       02-08-2012, 9:47 AM Reply   
Pros don't come on this site or at least comment on stuff because of guys like Andy. They know that a lot of the people on this site are jokes/ weekend warriors and frankly they don't care what you think. Lets face it people are posting about Darin's drug bust instead of "sharing the stoke of wakeboarding" and that shows exactly what the forum part of this site has turned into. Next time I cruise through northern MN and stumble across his "secret spot shhhh" I'll be sure to reiterate my thoughts to his face. As for "getting off his dick", sorry Jsweat but I'm just trying to have him put it away. This is a forum about wakeboarding to be enjoyed by fellow wakeboarders. Not a site for plugging your washed up self. I don't see REAL pros coming on here and pleasuring themselves to the thought of their own self. Im sorry I would have loved to tell him to his face but unfortunately that hat hasn't been in florida any time i have....

In true 5 year old fashion i purpose a dual. Jsweat pays for my ticket to MN and we can host a little wakeboard dual. 15 minute sets with 5 double ups, winner take all. The only rule is i get some old used gear that has been "blessed" by the man himself...
Old     (wakerpunk)      Join Date: Jan 2006       02-08-2012, 9:49 AM Reply   
End proposition!
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       02-08-2012, 11:05 AM Reply   
So wakerpunk how are you making the sport better?

If in person you act like you do on this website, I wouldn't buy a thing from you. Nintzel may toot his own horn, but I fail to see how you singling him out and talking $#!T is somehow better. Who made you the forum guidelines police officer? Do you realize that the rest of us don't view your opinion as law? Let alone even care?
Old     (wakerpunk)      Join Date: Jan 2006       02-08-2012, 11:28 AM Reply   
It is what it is homie. Outside of my keyboard cowboy antics, I ride, promote local events, give away product I don't need to those who do, support those who have supported me,AND film riders who deserve the spotlight. I don't associate with horn tooters besides on this site, therefore I don't have to act like this in person.

I for one know my pro wakeboard career ship sailed a long time ago. Instead I ride the best I cAn and learn the tricks I am capable of. Funny thing is you won't find conceited write ups on the Internet yet a lack of media showcasing my true riding ability. What has Andy done for the sport, I've been looking for it and can't seem to find it. School me with knowledge and I'll humbly give credit and apologize if necessary. If not please keep the cock show to a minimum.
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       02-08-2012, 12:32 PM Reply   
Back to the original question... Why is rep'n Wakeology a death wish?
Old     (jburbo)      Join Date: Sep 2007       02-08-2012, 12:42 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by downfortheride View Post
Back to the original question... Why is rep'n Wakeology a death wish?
I would love to hear the answer to this question as well.
Old     (jsweat)      Join Date: Apr 2007       02-08-2012, 1:49 PM Reply   
I honestly am just tired of the whole negative vibe that the forum has gotten. I remember a couple of years ago I could come on here daily and there would be plenty of new threads showcasing new videos and others just basically sharing the stoke. Now in damn near every thread with a new video there is at least one sour puss who has to be a big shot and act like nothing is good enough for them and find some way to talk $h!t. It is getting out of control. Yes too much horn tooting can get annoying but who really cares. If it bothers you that bad then send him a pm and hash it out privately. I am tired of reading it constantly and I am pretty sure the rest of everyone is as well. If I wanted to deal with high school bs I would go back to high school or watch soap operas, who really f#@ki^g cares that much about what other people are doing how does it really affect you? Wow you really lose a couple minutes of your day that you will never get back by reading it, while the rest of us lose twice as much because we have to read your displeasure with his self pleasure and then we have to take time out of our day to tell everyone to grow up and be men and just stfu about the dumb $h!t. I don't see how a wakeboard winner take all contest will really help anything. It seems like you have a personal problem with the man which, for the sake of everyone else on this damn site please handle privately. So we don't have to be drug into this anymore.
Old     (wakerpunk)      Join Date: Jan 2006       02-08-2012, 2:10 PM Reply   
Haha Jay Sweats if you dont wanna buy my ticket thats fine... But dont come on here bashing my contest idea. You should promote a friendly "Gentleman's duel" as its all for the stoke of wakeboarding. I would consider yourself just as bad as me. Why? you may ask. Let me enlighten you... You come on here and complain about me complaining!!!! (aka doing the same thing as me). For the record: I dont have it out for Andy Nintzel, if anyone else acted as annoying as him you can guarantee i would call them out too. I will however, agree that this forum has lost its mojo so to speak. Why can't we go back to threads that say why Phil Soven is/isn't a jerk ( he isn't if you've really met him), or how about the age old debate of tech tricks vs the floaty backside 1 into the flats, or the time Kaesen got reamed out for saying he didnt like the look of flips off rails.