Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 30, 2009

Old     (powercorps)      Join Date: Nov 2006       06-19-2009, 11:03 PM Reply   
Every time I try this trick i end up landing leaning way to far back. I also get really disoriented in the air (not sure where to look so i can never spot the landing)
Old     (moombakidadg)      Join Date: May 2008       06-20-2009, 1:29 AM Reply   
about 3/4 of the way through your roll, assuming your eyes have been open the hole time, spot something on the shore and land leaning a bit over your toes witht the handle at your lead hip
Old     (canadian_waterboy)      Join Date: Apr 2008       06-21-2009, 9:00 PM Reply   
don't toss this trick as hard as a back roll. Almost aim to land on your head. You will naturally unwind and fall onto your feet.
Old     (wakeslife)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-21-2009, 9:03 PM Reply   
I agree it is difficult to spot. But I have landed a few just by throwing my backroll a little less hard and just letting go with my front hand about midway through. Just try and get over your toes a bit.
Old     (xbones)      Join Date: Mar 2007       06-21-2009, 9:14 PM Reply   
focus on keeping your head up and facing the shore when you land... that helped me big time.
Old     (robd)      Join Date: May 2009       06-21-2009, 10:03 PM Reply   
i had the same problem. i just focused on keeping my knees under my chest the whole time, like stayin in a little ball. so when id come around to land i wouldnt be fallin backwards.
Old     (stoked_32)      Join Date: Aug 2007       06-22-2009, 8:52 AM Reply   
I just learned these a couple weeks ago and have been landing like 2 out of 3. The ones that I land the cleanest are the ones where I am staring at the other wake first when I come around revert, and then my toes when I land. (it's just what works best for me so far) You spot the water super early this way and your weight naturally shifts over your toes. Also, make sure that you're going all the way revert. Even if you over rotate the trick a hair, if you're landing edging out (board pointed more towards the shore) then you're less likely to fall backwards. Post a vid or some photos! Most guys on here can help fix the issue right away.

(Message edited by stoked_32 on June 22, 2009)
Old     (deepsouthryda)      Join Date: Sep 2005       06-22-2009, 12:29 PM Reply   
I've found that the easiest way for me to land it is to take a little wider approach than a regular backroll, i bend my knees just a bit and come in at about 75% what i would on a regular backroll and when i take it up i let go with my front hand and grab nose. this was the only way i could keep from getting disoriented or stretched out too far and taking a digger. This way slows your rotation, gives you a way to keep your bearings in the air, and letting go with your front hand and grabbing the nose, keeps you straight up and down, completes the rotation naturally and jus looks steezy. Good Luck! Hope that helps some. Here are some various pictures i've managed to get of me doing the trick.

Upload
Upload
Upload