Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through March 23, 2006

Old    feere2084            03-04-2006, 5:09 PM Reply   
HI,
I want to buy a new hyperlite wakeboard they have some 2005 boards on ebay for a good price which one is easy to ride but has the most pop
thanks
Old     (magellan)      Join Date: Feb 2003       03-04-2006, 5:14 PM Reply   
Pop is 95% rider.
Old    moombarider132            03-04-2006, 5:18 PM Reply   
see above but the parks has the biggest three stage and is supposed to have the most pop i ride one myself and love it.
Old     (projectely4)      Join Date: Apr 2003       03-04-2006, 6:23 PM Reply   
easy to ride with alot of pop is probably the premier if you want a hyperlite
Old    cwbabsolute1080            03-04-2006, 7:55 PM Reply   
if u can handle it.. parks .... awesome board but pops a lil diferent every time... my 2 cents.. im riding one right now
Old     (joshugan)      Join Date: Apr 2005       03-04-2006, 8:51 PM Reply   
I love the 03 to 04 Parks and hate the 05 to 06. Great pop and personally I don't notice much inconsistency in it.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       03-04-2006, 9:05 PM Reply   
if you're set on hyperlite, check out the premier. nice, big pop and not too advanced.

if you're not set on hyperlite, check out the cwb marius. big pop and super soft landings.

by the way....

quote:

if u can handle it.. parks .... awesome board but pops a lil diferent every time...

that's not the board's fault. consistency isn't found in boards.
Old     (yosquire)      Join Date: Jun 2005       03-05-2006, 12:12 PM Reply   
Pop is mostly rider. While others (most everyone) has great experience with the parks, It simply washes through the wake for me. I can't get the thing to go up to save my life.

For my riding style, the Temet blasts me up in the air.. see below:

Upload
Old     (westsidarider)      Join Date: Feb 2003       03-05-2006, 1:30 PM Reply   
joe ur absolutely right. but you dont need me to tell you that. haha. consistancy in he rider is everything. some boards require alot more consistancy from the rider than others because of the extreme rocker line.
Old     (kristian)      Join Date: Nov 2002       03-05-2006, 1:43 PM Reply   
pop and height is mostly on the rider. I ride a Murray and that works well for me, gives me lots of lift but with a smooth transition. Now the parks will have the most "buck" off the wake, so you'll have a differant flight path, more up and down, not necessarily more height. So if you are looking for that bucking style pop the parks and byerly have a pretty big three stage. People say they're incosistant, but again thats just the rider, so if you concentrate to make sure your bascics are correct you'll be good. If you want something a little more apt for the developing rider I would take a look at the premier, era or state. They have smaller 3-stage rockers, so sort of a middle ground.
As everyone says, and its true, the best thing to do is demo, atleast two rides before you decide weather you like it. We're all differant. But if you want the most "buck" go with the parks or byerly.
Old     (iamnathanhudson)      Join Date: Dec 2002       03-08-2006, 5:05 AM Reply   
i would say the easiest board with really good pop from hyperlite is the Era. It got shaped from the premier(the red one) which is a proven shape and still a cult classic. If i ever went back to HL i personally get the byerly because it is my favorite but as far as easy to ride and good pop the Era gets the award. The byerly takes a little more skill from the rider to keep the consistency. The parks is another story. I personally owned one and it was just out of control. Way too aggressive, fast, and way too much buck on the pop. Just my .02

-Nate
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       03-08-2006, 5:59 AM Reply   
I am pretty sure that CWB has the biggest 3-stage rocker.
Old     (wakedad33)      Join Date: Oct 2005       03-08-2006, 6:05 AM Reply   
Leo, I don't know about that, the 3-stage on Shaun Murray's new board is nasty.
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       03-08-2006, 7:47 AM Reply   
My bad, I forgot the murray 142 had a 3.3 inch rocker.
Old     (detonate69)      Join Date: Apr 2001       03-08-2006, 9:00 AM Reply   
The new Murray has a continuous rocker not 3 stage. Albeit a huge continuous rocker.
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       03-08-2006, 9:12 AM Reply   
The CWB Transcend has 3.2 inches of true 3 stage, the Absolute has 3.1 inches. They ride distinctly difference in part to the length of their flat spot. The Transcend's is longer thus cramming all that rocker into less space, its basically why the Transcend is more abrupt off the wake.

(Message edited by stephan on March 08, 2006)
Old     (bakesonlinecom)      Join Date: Feb 2006       03-09-2006, 11:35 AM Reply   
We have a Premier and a Parks from 2005 on clearance. The Parks is a more difficult board to ride in my opinion. Both boards have a solid 3-stage with a lot of pop though.

http://stores.ebay.com/Bakes-Online

Zack Clark
www.BakesOnline.com
www.WakeboardNorthwest.com