Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through June 21, 2006

Old     (bazel)      Join Date: Oct 2001       05-26-2006, 7:02 PM Reply   
Any buddy out there with some experience with the 24V please let me know your thoughts. We like the looks and the feel of the boat and it is one of the options we are looking at.

We are planning to test drive and run it through it's paces but I am just looking for some thoughts before we go.

Thanks
Old     (pilot_ryder)      Join Date: Apr 2006       05-26-2006, 10:07 PM Reply   
why not look at the 24ve its also great because of the back transom part and if possible a greater wake!
Old     (bazel)      Join Date: Oct 2001       05-27-2006, 5:24 AM Reply   
How does it have a greater wake? I thought it was the same hull.
Old     (talltigeguy)      Join Date: Sep 2003       05-27-2006, 10:01 AM Reply   
It is the same hull. I don't know how the wake could be any different.

I have a 24V 2005. I am very pleased with the boat. I think that Tige is on the money with it's hull shape and TAPS. It is not just a wakeplate. The shape of the hull is a critical part of the design. It gives great wakeboarding and slalom wakes and also is going to handle the chop very well.
Old     (zeda)      Join Date: Nov 2004       05-27-2006, 3:44 PM Reply   
Tall,

I actually think the hull is a bit different, nearly the same, but some small changes. There's a flat (I think triangular) spot on the bottom of the hull near the rear end that was modified. I believe Tige made this area a bit smaller on the ve series which drops the boat deeper in water when taps is set in wakeboard mode. I've heard nothing but good things about the wake behind the 22ve, but cannot comment on the 24ve wake.

Will, I think you will be pleased with Tige.
Old     (pilot_ryder)      Join Date: Apr 2006       05-27-2006, 5:09 PM Reply   
Talltigeguy, indeed the hull is different but not by much. The 22ve is just a few inches longe than the 22v but it can make that much of a difference. Ive talked to a pro sponsored by tige and he had the 24v and went to the 24ve and he said that he thought that there wouldnt be any change but he said that he was amazed that it was better
Old     (boomerang)      Join Date: Feb 2006       05-27-2006, 7:33 PM Reply   
We love our TIGE! Unless your a pro the taps is all the wake adjustment you will need, and no pumping dirty lake water into you new toy.

The TIGE's are well built and have a deep hull design so passengers will enjoy a higher comfort level that in a average shallow wakeboat, and rides like a dream in the chop.

Enjoy!
Old     (cp3)      Join Date: Dec 2005       05-28-2006, 10:16 AM Reply   
The other thing is the VE has a capacity rated for more people. The 22ve holds more people than the 24V
Old     (monstertower)      Join Date: Mar 2003       05-30-2006, 1:29 PM Reply   
Love our 2005 24V. Got the factory ballast and removed the front tanks to free up more storage space. I run about 800 in lead with half in the front and half in the center of the boat. The rear tanks add another 750 or so. Everyone that rides behind it loves the wake and the storage is as much as any wakeboard boat out there (ok, maybe not the X-80 :-) and way more than most.