Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through November 07, 2008

Old     (wakeboardnchica)      Join Date: Oct 2005       11-02-2008, 3:55 PM Reply   
can anybody tell me about the lake or the local riding scene?
Old     (nauty_tique)      Join Date: Nov 2005       11-03-2008, 6:35 AM Reply   
Never heard of it? Googled it and cant tell much but did find something saying no motorized boats etc... Hope it helps, see link:

http://www.highcountryhiking.com/cone.htm

it's a little ways down under things to do, under fishing.
Old     (wakebrdrnc)      Join Date: Mar 2004       11-03-2008, 7:29 AM Reply   
I live in NC and have never even heard of that place. Where is it?
Old     (nauty_tique)      Join Date: Nov 2005       11-03-2008, 7:33 AM Reply   
Yea, same for me, When I googled it, it shows up around the Blue ridge parkway somewhere. Bet it's some chilly water!
Old     (iwannawkbrd247)      Join Date: Jun 2006       11-03-2008, 5:34 PM Reply   
adding to what was already mentioned...if you are in fact referring to the small pond/lake in the julian price memorial park (along the blue ridge parkway near blowing rock/grandfather mtn), boats and wakeboarding are not allowed. i was just there a couple weeks ago. there is a trail around it for walking, canoe rentals during the warmer months, and fishing. sorry...no wakeboarding, no scene.
Old     (lakerider)      Join Date: Feb 2008       11-03-2008, 6:37 PM Reply   
Heather is right, big pond and no boats.
Old     (wakebrdrnc)      Join Date: Mar 2004       11-03-2008, 7:23 PM Reply   
I know of a pretty secret lake in Cullowhee. My brother went to Western Carolina and they used to ride at this spot up there. Insane!
Old     (wakeboardnchica)      Join Date: Oct 2005       11-03-2008, 7:56 PM Reply   
its about 21 minutes from boone nc. i was just looking at lakes close to colleges and saw the name mentioned.
Old     (iwannawkbrd247)      Join Date: Jun 2006       11-03-2008, 8:52 PM Reply   
"its about 21 minutes from boone nc."

yep, that's the one. no wakeboarding allowed :-(