Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through April 01, 2005

Old     (drunkmonkey)      Join Date: Jun 2003       02-12-2005, 2:51 PM Reply   
I've got the Premier vest from last year, and all the foam in the back section is jsut all screwed up.

It's bunched up in some areas and I can't get it straightened out. I've jsut spent the last 30 minutes messing with it and made no progress.

Any tricks to fix this I don't know about?

I guess I'll get a new vest for this season. If this is normal Hyperlite thing, I'll go with someone else.
Old     (big_xstar)      Join Date: Nov 2004       02-12-2005, 2:58 PM Reply   
I have 2 Jet Pilot vest and love them both
USCGA and a non-USCG approved(A-10 attack).
Never had a problem with either one like your
describing. I never have owned a hyperlite
vest so I cant compare, but after reading what has
happened to yours I probably never will.
Go Jet Pilot all the way dude.
P.S. Hyperlite's boards and bindings still kick ass though.
Old    blind5            02-12-2005, 4:40 PM Reply   
a lot of vest do that, such as the O'Neill Vapor (last years model)
With a vest that does that you need to take care of it, such as don't wad it up in the back of the boat, try to lay it down flat. and when the foam starts to move around a lot fix it right then instead of ignoring it

as far as fixing it, sorry
Old    jzwake            02-13-2005, 6:31 AM Reply   
I have the same vest and don't pay attention to how I store it and Have NO problems. Maybe you got a lemon. Maybe If you call HYperlite, And say what you just typed, They'd warranty it. whats it going to cost them, 15 bucks? That seems worth it to keep a customer.
Old    twisted            02-13-2005, 11:06 AM Reply   
Had a couple vest do the same thing over many years (usually after a good hit), Take a razor blade and make an incision large enough for you hand through the inside of your back panel and straighten things out, don't worry about trying to seal it back up as your gonna definatley be in there again and it really dosen't hurt anything. It will at least buy you some time till you find another vest...I love my Jet Pilots as well. If the pad gets too f'd up or your short on ducks, just pull the section out, there is still plenty up top and you probably wont even notice it's missing.