Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (skongolf)      Join Date: Aug 2009       10-25-2010, 6:36 PM Reply   
There is a guy on craigslist selling these speakers for $150 a pair and I am trying to find out what brand they are and if they are any good. I already have a pair of brand new Kicker KMT6's but have yet to install them so I was wondering if these may be better. Going to look at them tomorrow.
Thanks
Attached Images

Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       10-25-2010, 6:40 PM Reply   
They're fusion which I believe uses Diamond Audio components. They sound good for what they are (non pro audio) but the company is out of business and they regularely had problems with pitting in the chrome. If you search them on Ebay you may be able to get them brand new for not much more. Your KMT6's will project further.
Old     (2006maliblue)      Join Date: Mar 2009       10-25-2010, 9:13 PM Reply   
Right on Hate, Fusions with Diamond Audio guts. Horacio at NIce-Rack has a bunch of new ones for sale with the LED's in them but I have no clue what he wants for them. Personally I think these sounded great but the chrome issuses are what killed them. If you end up getting them let me know I have a couple laying around that are good for parts. The chrome was pitted to hell but the guts where good might be nice for somebody that wants spare parts!
Old     (david_e_m)      Join Date: Jul 2008       10-26-2010, 6:37 AM Reply   
Sound quality on the Fusions was good but projection or output was minimal as compared to today's offerings. The Diamond drivers were a step below the Motorsport series and it won't be easy to find direct-fit replacements. The die-cast pods whether polished or chrome have serious issues as stated above. The only way to have a reliable finish with these is to really heat them up in an oven so they completely gas-out and then powdercoat them. Hardly worth the trouble and expense even though these are an attractive design. Stay with the Kickers.

David
Earmark Marine
Old     (Riteride)      Join Date: Sep 2010       10-26-2010, 9:28 AM Reply   
What about adding a pair of Kicker 6500.2 Horns with the KMT6's. I think that would sound great.
Old     (chpthril)      Join Date: Oct 2007       10-26-2010, 1:50 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riteride View Post
What about adding a pair of Kicker 6500.2 Horns with the KMT6's. I think that would sound great.
As HatePain stated, those cans will not work with the Kicker KM6500.2 HLCD setup, but as others have noted, the cans are the real downfall of the setup pictured.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       10-26-2010, 9:47 AM Reply   
If you mean in this enclosure they won't fit. Those are 6.5 and 5.25 enclosures depth may be an issue as well.
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       10-26-2010, 2:51 PM Reply   
I had two sets of those on the tower of my X2. Like everyone said, they sounded good, but were nothing compared to a HLCD set-up for projection. I never had any chrome problems, but my boat lived inside and in a pretty friendly environement.
Old     (Walt)      Join Date: Jan 2003       10-26-2010, 6:13 PM Reply   
The Fusion's have great sound quality in and around the boat but don't reach out and make your ears bleed @ 80ft back.
Old     (hco)      Join Date: Jun 2006       10-26-2010, 6:39 PM Reply   
I have only heard of bad experiences with these in person, they died pretty quickly and they have no warranty to back them up.
Old     (jesse1983)      Join Date: Oct 2008       10-26-2010, 7:10 PM Reply   
I had them on my tower. I bought a Wet Sounds setup and sold the fusion stuff to a guy for $100. He put them on his rock crawler and is happy as can be.