Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Other Water Sports > Other Water Sports

Old     (swiggie)      Join Date: Sep 2007       03-06-2008, 1:01 PM Reply   
Hey everyone, so i've been wakeboarding in the summer and snowboarding/freestyle skiing in the winter and i recently saw a pair a twin tip water skis call wake skis, does anyone know anything about these things?
Old     (astonestreet)      Join Date: Oct 2007       03-06-2008, 1:03 PM Reply   
I just saw and add for those in the MN riders thread... Cant offer any more than that
Old     (swiggie)      Join Date: Sep 2007       03-06-2008, 1:07 PM Reply   
yeah thats all i saw too. It sounds pretty cool though, i might get a pair :-)
Old     (greers_ferry_boats)      Join Date: Dec 2007       03-06-2008, 1:10 PM Reply   
I have seen a video on them at Hyperlite dealer days last year and the guys on the video were doing some pretty sick stuff. These are going to be great for people that like jumping the wake on skis but not really into wakeboards. Definetly worth checking out or demo a pair.
Old     (swiggie)      Join Date: Sep 2007       03-06-2008, 1:14 PM Reply   
yeah man im into freestyle on the snow so this would be great for the off season
Old     (absoluteboarder)      Join Date: Aug 2002       03-06-2008, 1:34 PM Reply   
my groin is already sore and my ankles have both spun around the leg bone 720degrees ...ouch!
Old     (mnwakerider)      Join Date: Jun 2004       03-06-2008, 2:54 PM Reply   
HO Skis is working on getting out a new video out. The stuff that they have right now is mainly at the Cable. This new vid should focus more on the wake side...
Old     (snower)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-11-2008, 5:09 AM Reply   
Here is some wakeskiing at a cable park. Pretty sick. The guy is a Stereo Skis Team rider. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5EY1RU5IK9M

Latest news is they are working with Square One now. Could they possibly have found a better partner?
Old     (element8456)      Join Date: Feb 2008       08-11-2008, 9:31 AM Reply   
Ya i have seen some preety sick stuff comes out of them. you get a pair from www.waterskis.com or just demo them
Old     (mnwakerider)      Join Date: Jun 2004       08-11-2008, 9:41 AM Reply   
I have been out on the HO wake skis before and they are actually really pretty easy to use. They are not hard to hit the wake with and go wake to wake. I dont even ski any more... still pretty easy. We had a guy that wake boards quite a bit out on them and he got up first time and loved them. Just takes a little getting used to the landings.

Also, a little birdie told me that HO is comming out with a binding that is built specifically for the wake skis. Way more supportive - pretty much a wakeboard binding with a ski plate.
Old     (snower)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-13-2008, 8:15 AM Reply   
I would to. Compared to the Radar boots Stereo are using, the HO boots dont look to good.
Old     (snower)      Join Date: Aug 2007       04-04-2009, 7:45 PM Reply   
Check out the video blog going on here: www.stereoskis.com/blog