Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeskating

Old     (wakechic06)      Join Date: Jun 2005       06-06-2006, 1:40 AM Reply   
I've wanted a wakeskate for a long time and now that I have some money from graduation I wanted to get one..and preferable before the 19th when i'm goin to Williams lake for my senior trip. So i was wondering what board should I get, or look into getting. I was told not to get the wood ones and get concave and then of course i've heard just the opposite too. Now i'm just a beginner and pretty much just ride for fun so which board would you all suggest??? Oh and even thought im a beginner I absolutely love the LF armada's..2005's in case anyone has one for sale ;)

Thanks!

(Message edited by wakechic06 on June 06, 2006)
Old     (jovedawake)      Join Date: Mar 2006       06-06-2006, 5:38 AM Reply   
The 2005 Armada's are way too light. They 2006 Armada's are much better (shape, grip, & weight).

If you are just getting a wakeskate for fun, then I too would also get a foam board. Main reason- Wood decks are not as durable.

Definitely get a concave board. (a 3D concave rocks!)

If you really want that 05 Armada, even though very few will recommend it (too light!), there are a bunch of them for sale on eBay. Brand New!

Godspeed.

Charlie
Old     (wakechic06)      Join Date: Jun 2005       06-06-2006, 12:42 PM Reply   
When a board is too light, how does it effect riding? I've never riden one that isn't wood so i'm not exactly sure how it all works. Cause I can guarantee I won't be doin shov-its and stuff like that anytime soon. I don't know if that makes a difference though

Thanks,
Jamie
Old     (jovedawake)      Join Date: Mar 2006       06-06-2006, 5:34 PM Reply   
Oh I'm sure once you get out there and you have been riding for a while... you will want to try some tricks.

And maybe you won't be doing them your first time out, but eventually, you'll want to...
Old     (wakechic06)      Join Date: Jun 2005       06-06-2006, 10:46 PM Reply   
Well yea I know i'll try some stuff but when I do, how will it affect how I do them it it's too light??
Old     (wakeslife)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-07-2006, 8:17 AM Reply   
When you start doing flip/shuv style tricks, the board will want to get away from you more and rotation will be less consistent.
Old     (jovedawake)      Join Date: Mar 2006       06-07-2006, 8:27 AM Reply   
Too light of a deck means: It will slide out from underneath your feet easier (especially on landings/ollies), any trick where the board leaves the water means the air will affect it more (air catches it), it will slide/spin too fast on the water when doing on-surface tricks.

Because this will be your first deck, its not really going to matter so much, but if you ever switch over to a heavier board, it will be harder for you...

If I were you I would get the 06 Armada, or the 05/06 Integrity Lemon. Just my opinion, both last and have good weight for a "foam" wakeskate.
Old     (wakemitch)      Join Date: Jun 2005       06-17-2006, 2:12 PM Reply   
if you are willing to spend the money on an armada, get an Integrity Team deck.
Old     (wakechic06)      Join Date: Jun 2005       06-17-2006, 2:51 PM Reply   
I got the 06 Lf Melissa 41...
Old     (jovedawake)      Join Date: Mar 2006       06-18-2006, 10:15 AM Reply   
good weight, good grip (safe), good graphics, good shape, GOOD CHOICE