Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Trick Tips

Old     (lyle)      Join Date: May 2004       06-29-2005, 7:07 AM Reply   
OKay, so I am doing my tantrum, clearing/or landing on the opposite wake and I belive I am doing everything right, I am landing on my board too, just when ever I hit the board shoots out from under me. Any pointers??? anything would be appreciated
Old                06-29-2005, 8:51 AM Reply   
try absorbing the landing with your knees a little more.
Old     (drakewake)      Join Date: Dec 2004       06-29-2005, 3:04 PM Reply   
Try landing with your weight on both feet and not just on your heels.

Is the board shooting out to the front, back or side????
also, practice doing backflips on a trampoline and spotting your landings.
Old     (ponyh8r)      Join Date: Dec 2004       06-29-2005, 9:31 PM Reply   
Maybe you guys can help me out with this too. I have been trying tantrums the last several times I have gone out to the lake. I would say that I have probably tried about 8 of em'. My problem is that I tend to under rotate and land on my face. Do I need to hold the rope in more? How much does the rope matter in the rotation portion of the trick? Or do I need to edge longer? I feel the trip part of the trick but don't seem to get the pop I need to get her around.

Also, Do you have to throw a tantrum? I have people say that this trick is easy and that the wake does all the work and others have said that you need to really initiate the flip. Any help would be great....I am starting to hurt by landing on my stomach and head.

Thanks
Old     (muddyboss)      Join Date: Oct 2003       06-29-2005, 9:34 PM Reply   
yeah everytime ive tried them i have pretty much thrown them, without success. i dont really get the tripped up feeling that i have heard about. whats the deal with that?
Old                06-29-2005, 9:57 PM Reply   
i don't really feel much of a "trip" off the wake, they are really easy tho once you get the take off right. actually i try to ride up the wake more to make sure i get a big pop. but when learning them i came in and would have to try to throw my head back to get the rotation started. for the edge i usually edge alittle harder than normal airs because you have let off your edge alittle so a little more speed is needed. it really helps to be able to do backflips off the boat or on a trampoline. mike as long as you get the rotation started and keep tension on the line it should pull you around.
Old                06-30-2005, 1:27 AM Reply   
the problem with under rotation is leaving the wake to early. if you pop to early you are going to clean your sinus'. take a really aggressive approach to the wake, pop off the top of the wake and square your shoulders up to the wake and straighten out your knees. the aggressive approach will help you get away with the rotation if you are not getting enough height usually.
Old     (drakewake)      Join Date: Dec 2004       07-01-2005, 11:45 AM Reply   
That is good advise. Also, try to think about standing as tall as possible. There is nothing to throw because you should be stiff as a board all the way to the top of the lip. If you have a lot of speed and you flatten out while standing tall, you will have no problem getting the height you need.
Learning to do a back flip on a trampoline will give you the feeling of putting your head back after you leave the surface, same thing on the wake. If you try to rotate early, you won't get the height.
Good luck!
Old     (ponyh8r)      Join Date: Dec 2004       07-02-2005, 10:41 PM Reply   
Thanks for the help guys,

Went out this morning and finally got most of the way around. My board finally hit the water before my cranium. I will keep you posted. I should be sticking them here soon.

Thanks again,
Mike
Old     (cwbrider16)      Join Date: May 2004       07-20-2005, 5:22 AM Reply   
I am also having trouble with tantrums. I actually have trouble flipping straight altogether. Whenever i try a tantrum i dont spin straight back but more like a very off-axis 3. Any suggestions? Thanks
Old     (jhertz27)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-20-2005, 9:03 AM Reply   
Hey i was wondering do you actually turn your board parellel to the wake doing a tantrum? I got the backroll down very good and can do back flips on the trampoline. Im a little confused as of how you edge into the wake and the board position.
Old                07-20-2005, 10:21 AM Reply   
i used to go to revert when i started trying tantrums... then i started learning them off the DU and that corrected that problem.

alot of people turn there board paralell to the wake so it trips them into the flip... the better you get at them, you start to square up as you leave the wake.
Old     (will5150)      Join Date: Oct 2002       07-22-2005, 12:59 PM Reply   
Mikeyt if you're getting off axis, it's because you're not opening up enought at the wake. Remeberm this is a one-handed trick and you need to be totally parallel with the wake when you take off, if not, you're going to come down on your rear foot HARD and CRUSH your knees- I've been doing the same thing the last couple of times becuase I'm getting lazy and trying to get more pop off the wake instead of tripping on it. Carry TONS of speed into this trick too. I had to add about 2MPH to the speed to land this one.
Old     (cwbrider16)      Join Date: May 2004       07-22-2005, 2:15 PM Reply   
thanks will, i'll give it a shot next time im out.
Old     (cwbrider16)      Join Date: May 2004       07-22-2005, 2:16 PM Reply   
thanks will, i'll give it a shot next time im out.