Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (Waitingxr145)      Join Date: Oct 2011       10-08-2011, 9:06 AM Reply   
Alright guys here it is, my first boat. Just bought it last week and havent gotten to try it out yet. Only reason is because of work I had to leave for a trip. Just picked it up, 2007 Chaparral 180 SSI, and I know its no X-star or 230 but hey itll work right? Came with the factory tower (which is actually just the old xtreme tower) and a extend swim plat. So Im pretty pumped. I also broke my bindings on my Faction a few weeks ago and since I wont be getting the replacements from CWB til Nov I figured if Im doing to go broke buying the boat, better have a board to ride behind it to.Soooo now Im really broke because I picked up the 2012 Harley Grind with Ronix One bindings. Best board Ive ever ridden ( not that Im some expert ) and the bindings are really comfortable. They way the laces tighten to the foot are great and its the only bindings Ive ever been able to get tight enough to my foot and still have flex like I would like. So any tips for getting started with boat riding? Ive been mostly behind the cable because I didnt have access to a boat really and the only boat riding I did was without a tower. So any help would be great, thanks guys!
Attached Images

Old     (durty_curt)      Join Date: Apr 2008       10-08-2011, 10:22 AM Reply   
not sure how much boat time/knowledge you have, but Don't power turn would be a good tip. Be aware of your surroundings while driving so you don't hit debris, buoys, boats, people etc. And if your in a clusterfuct and don't know what to do... STOP the boat(its the best way to get out of the jam rather than add to it)
Old     (ilikebeaverandboats)      Join Date: Jul 2007       10-08-2011, 10:26 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by durty_curt View Post
not sure how much boat time/knowledge you have, but Don't power turn would be a good tip. Be aware of your surroundings while driving so you don't hit debris, buoys, boats, people etc. And if your in a clusterfuct and don't know what to do... STOP the boat(its the best way to get out of the jam rather than add to it)
what he said^

nopowerturns.com
Old     (Bumpass1)      Join Date: Oct 2010       10-08-2011, 2:57 PM Reply   
Always remember, power turns are evil. So are jet skis and tubers.
Old     (MNRIDER)      Join Date: Aug 2011       10-08-2011, 7:23 PM Reply   
Find a good line and stick with it, keep your extra chop to a minimum. Oh yeah, and no powerturns.
Old     (johnny_defacto)      Join Date: Sep 2006       10-09-2011, 1:49 PM Reply   
Go more broke and install a speed control system if it doesnt have it already. Otherwise u will go insane when others are pulling you. Second, u ride mostly cable, usually around 18 mph. U will most likely be riding a lot faster, 21-22, but that will depend on your wake. There are a few guys here that have 18 foot i/o's. Ask them how they weight it, trim it, and what speed and line length. Congrats, being a boqt owner is fun
Old     (wakebrdjay)      Join Date: Apr 2008       10-09-2011, 6:02 PM Reply   
If you are new to boating take a safety course so you know the rules of the water.
Old     (humboldt9)      Join Date: Jun 2004       10-09-2011, 7:19 PM Reply   
X2 Just remember YOU are responsible for your boat and the safety of everybody riding with you. That being said get some runs in before winter arrives! Enjoy the new ride...